The next presidental race already starting to shape up - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The next presidental race already starting to shape up
Monday, November 13, 2006 12:08 PM on j-body.org
A big list of potential canidates.

McCain edges toward '08 presidential run.

Will Obama break the senatorial jinx?

Discuss...

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?

Re: The next presidental race already starting to shape up
Monday, November 13, 2006 3:33 PM on j-body.org
i really hope mccain runs... he'd definitely get the republican spot. hes definitely the best guy for it.

Check out my build thread!

Monday, November 13, 2006 3:55 PM on j-body.org
If McCain runs, and Obama runs, that'll be a good race because you can respect both.

I think Hillary Clinton is going to get the Democratic Nomination, and that will make for a mighty interesting race.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, November 13, 2006 4:35 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:If McCain runs, and Obama runs, that'll be a good race because you can respect both.
Yeah - I won't know what to do - I'm so used to having really bad choices for president I don't know how I'd handle 2 good choices.

Monday, November 13, 2006 5:19 PM on j-body.org
Rudy Giuliani takes the first step also.

Quote:

I don't know how I'd handle 2 good choices

I think on either side of the ticket it is going to be a good race. For once.

Quote:

I think Hillary Clinton is going to get the Democratic Nomination, and that will make for a mighty interesting race.

Yeah but I still don't think she will win the election.
Monday, November 13, 2006 5:23 PM on j-body.org
Vs McCain? I cruised with Texans that said they'd vote for her if McCain didn't decide to run or get the nomination.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, November 13, 2006 5:40 PM on j-body.org
Something just don't jive with me about McCain, sure he is Pro-Life (take that debate to the proper thread, please) and all that stuff, but well....

I know it is wikipedia, but it has it's sources
Quote:

Presidential Election 2004

See also: United States presidential election, 2004

McCain publicly supported Bush in the 2004 U.S. presidential election. He often praised Bush's leadership and continuing zeal after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, and in that light other important issues could be pushed aside. McCain's reputation as a moderate appealed to many voters who found Bush too conservative, and in the 2000 elections, many saw Bush as the more conservative candidate and McCain as the more moderate candidate. In fact, according to voteview.com, McCain's voting record in the 109th Congress is the third most conservative (as of November 2005). On the other hand, his voting record during the 107th Congress, from January 2001 through November of 2002, places him as the 6th most liberal Republican senator, according to the same data and analysis at voteview.com.

McCain's longtime friend and colleague, and also the Democratic Presidential nominee in 2004, John Kerry of Massachusetts reportedly asked McCain to be his running mate.[30]

McCain accused the Swift Boat Vet campaign against Kerry of being "dishonest and dishonorable".[31]

McCain=Bush=Kerry? I don't know, I'd have to hear his debates and all that good stuff before I voted. Something just don't jive.

Monday, November 13, 2006 6:10 PM on j-body.org
id like to see mccain run

i was dissapointed to hear Russ Fiengold (WI-Dem) wasnt going to run
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 1:55 PM on j-body.org
Rudy is going to be their only hope against Barok.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:04 PM on j-body.org
Mccain is too damn old nobody above 70 should even be allowed to run

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:18 PM on j-body.org
I truly hope McCain runs. The rumors have been floating around for a little over a year, and hopefully there true.

I just heard about Rudy Running a few days ago. I wouldn't mind him in office either.

Hillary is going to run. I would bet my left nut on it...(I would but I'm not gunna)

I really don't think she has a chance in hell at winning though

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:12 PM on j-body.org
Honestly, If Hilary runs, and wins at that... You think other countries dont respect our values now, just wait and see how bad it can get when a woman is president. Its nothing against women, but I just dont think in todays world that possibly the most known global politician should be someone that half the world doesnt think should go out in public without her face covered.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:28 PM on j-body.org
Rollinredcavi wrote:Honestly, If Hilary runs, and wins at that... You think other countries dont respect our values now, just wait and see how bad it can get when a woman is president. Its nothing against women, but I just dont think in todays world that possibly the most known global politician should be someone that half the world doesnt think should go out in public without her face covered.

I think we NEED a woman president, and I think the world is ready.

"This is a list of women who have been elected or appointed head of state of their respective countries. This list does not include monarchs (see Category:Queens regnant) or female heads of government, such as prime ministers (see Category:Female heads of government). Names in italics refer to temporary presidencies.

Name Country Name of post Mandate

Khertek Anchimaa-Toka Tuva Chairman of the Presidium of the Little Khural 1940-October 11, 1944
Sühbaataryn Yanjmaa Mongolia Acting Chairman of the Presidium September 23, 1953-July 7, 1954
Isabel Martínez de Perón Argentina President July 1, 1974-March 24, 1976
Lidia Gueiler Bolivia Interim President November 17, 1979-July 18, 1980
Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Iceland President August 1, 1980-August 1, 1996
Nataša Mićić Serbia President of Serbia 2002-2004
Biljana Plavšić Republika Srpska President 1992
Maria Lea Pedini-Angelini San Marino Co-Captain Regent April 1-October 1, 1981
Agatha Barbara Malta President February 15, 1982-February 15, 1987
Gloriana Ranocchini San Marino Co-Captain Regent April 1-October 1, 1984; October 1, 1989-April 1, 1990
Carmen Pereira Guinea-Bissau Acting President May 14-May 16, 1984
Corazon Aquino Philippines President February 25, 1986-June 30, 1992
Ertha Pascal-Trouillot Haiti Interim President March 13, 1990-February 7, 1991
Sabine Bergmann-Pohl German Democratic Republic Chairman of the Volkskammer April 5-October 2, 1990
Violeta Chamorro Nicaragua President April 25, 1990-January 10, 1997
Mary Robinson Ireland President December 3, 1990-September 12, 1997
Edda Ceccoli San Marino Co-Captain Regent October 1, 1991-April 1, 1992
Ruth Dreifuss Switzerland Member of the Swiss Federal Council 1993-2002
Patricia Busignani San Marino Co-Captain Regent April 1-October 1, 1993
Sylvie Kinigi Burundi Acting President October 27, 1993-February 5, 1994
Chandrika Kumaratunga Sri Lanka President November 12, 1994-November 19, 2005
Ruth Perry Liberia Chairman of the Council of State September 3, 1996-August 2, 1997
Rosalía Arteaga Serrano Ecuador Caretaker President February 9-11 1997
Mary McAleese Ireland President November 11, 1997-incumbent
Janet Jagan Guyana President December 19, 1997-August 11, 1999
Rosa Zafferani San Marino Co-Captain Regent April 1-October 1, 1999
Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga Latvia President July 8, 1999-incumbent
Mireya Moscoso Panama President September 1, 1999-September 1, 2004
Tarja Halonen Finland President March 1, 2000-incumbent
Maria Domenica Michelotti San Marino Co-Captain Regent April 1-October 1, 2000
Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo Philippines President January 20, 2001-incumbent
Megawati Sukarnoputri Indonesia President July 23, 2001-October 20, 2004
Valeria Ciavatta San Marino Co-Captain Regent October 1, 2003-April 1, 2004
Nino Burjanadze Georgia Acting President November 23, 2003-January 25, 2004
Fausta Morganti San Marino Co-Captain Regent April 1, 2005-October 1, 2005
Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf Liberia President January 16, 2006-incumbent
Michelle Bachelet Chile President March 11, 2006-incumbent"

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Female_Presidents

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:43 PM on j-body.org
Cable wrote:
Rollinredcavi wrote:Honestly, If Hilary runs, and wins at that... You think other countries dont respect our values now, just wait and see how bad it can get when a woman is president. Its nothing against women, but I just dont think in todays world that possibly the most known global politician should be someone that half the world doesnt think should go out in public without her face covered.

I think we NEED a woman president, and I think the world is ready.

The world may be ready but the US definitely is not. And we definitively do not need a woman president.

Why do you think that? Just wondering what they offer that a male president doesn't.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:38 PM on j-body.org
We don't NEED a woman, We don't NEED a man. We NEED a @!#$ solution to our problems, whether it has a penis or vagina is immaterial.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:51 PM on j-body.org
^^^^Bonus for Capo by staying the most intelligent thing in this thread.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaði, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:06 PM on j-body.org

You might be partially right about that. The more civilized world is certainly ready for the world's lead superpower to have a woman president, but the Middle east and perhaps parts of Africa probably are not. Then again we're already pissing them off enough with Iraq - so I don't think having a female president could really make things much worse. Now having someone Jewish as president... well that might make things alot worse.

Although I wouldn't be suprised if certain countries that are already super-oppressive of women(Saudi Arabia, Iran etc) might outright refuse to deal with a female president. In that case we'd need to send the "first lady"(Bill Clinton - lol) to talk to them for diplomacy. Well Bill Clinton was always good at diplomacy anyways so maybe that's not such a bad thing.

Capo di tutti capi wrote:We don't NEED a woman, We don't NEED a man. We NEED a @!#$ solution to our problems, whether it has a penis or vagina is immaterial.
I agree.

I think its almost guaranteed that we will have either a woman(Clinton), or a mixed race(Obama) Democratic candidate running for president. That doesn't make them better choices per say - but I'd especially like to see a little more variety in office(provided that they are the best choice - I would never vote based on race/sex/sexuality etc).

Out of all the Republican candidates - McCain is king in my book. I hope he ends up the Republican candidate. Now if we get someone good like Obama to run against him though - I'd be happy because no matter if Republicans or Democrats win we'll still have a GOOD president finally. In the case of that race I might be tempted to vote for McCain over Obama just because Democrats are currently controlling Congress and Senate. If you give the Democrats too much power - they might end up as bad as the current batch of Republicans who had too much power.

I'd like to keep a balance between the 2 parties if I can. Even better if I could get rid of them both, but fat chance of that ever happening - so keeping them balanced is my 2nd place prize.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:15 PM on j-body.org
Getting rid of all parties is best, but i'd rather have a coalition government than a 2-party system. At least that way, there are more checks and balances.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaði, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:33 PM on j-body.org
OBAMA V. MCCAIN

RUMBLE IN THE CONCRETE JUNGLE

COMING 2008

Kids seats still just five bucks!

ftw.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 9:47 PM on j-body.org
Honestly any Democrate running for president has a shot! I hope mccain is the man but I have a feeling he will loose due to him being a republican. The power has shifted and alot of the people teetering between parties are shifting to the Dem side. and alot of Registered Rep arent exasctly voting down party lines anymore because of Bush!

I hope Barrack runs and wins I thinnk he is awesome!

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search