HAHAHA!!! The Draft might be coming back - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HAHAHA!!! The Draft might be coming back
Friday, December 29, 2006 2:41 PM on j-body.org
GAM, all true. The whole "starship trooper" ideology is extremely fascist. The only way it could posibly work is if people were uncorruptable. We all know how people can be.(but I can still dream)

Yes a volunteer force will definitely be more profesional. But it takes more than volunteers to build a profesional force. Anyway as the whole immigrant thing, I didn't mean actually drafting them. I meant that if someone wants to become a US citizen then joining the military goes a long way. Plus they would be getting all the benefits for themselves and families like housing, health care, a garanteed paycheck, and money for education. Believe me the army will do all it can to get someone trained that doesn't speak/read very good english. There are plenty of "kids" in the army that never had a job or did anything more complicated than play XBOX before they joined.

I guess I'm just kinda annoyed that people want to come here to start a better life but wont spend the time and take responsibility to do it legally.

Re: HAHAHA!!! The Draft might be coming back
Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:26 AM on j-body.org
I still say that if the government, ANY government, needs to draft from it's citizenry to fight for amything, then maybe, just maybe, they're not enough public support to be fighting the war in the first place.

My opinion, no m atter what the circumstance, if you believe in the cause, pick up an arm and fight for it (a lot of people that support Iraq are doing that). It's those that are wanting to fight this war and make excuses for not fighting for it that piss me off.

Personally, i can't get behind the cause, so I won't fight it.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search