Walmart....not the normal old controversy! Funny Kinda - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Walmart....not the normal old controversy! Funny Kinda
Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:25 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Spike: you mean... you dont?

how sad.

My point was about some of the posters that said Learn to speak english or get out. By that same logic WE should be speaking Native American languages since they immigrated here long before Europeans showed up.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 11:08 AM on j-body.org
The Pledge of Allegiance was written in English and English is the official language of the United States of America not mexican

Thursday, April 12, 2007 11:10 AM on j-body.org
Mexican isn't a language.

---

Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:12 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:The Pledge of Allegiance was written in English and English is the official language of the United States of America not mexican

The US of A DOES NOT HAVE an official language. That was done on purpose, I'm sure of it. Remember as a rebel colony, the US rejected controls on everything they could, including language. Get over it.

Of course, you think Mexican is a language, so there ya go..

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:23 PM on j-body.org
LMAO, mexican is a language?!?! that's like saying mexican's a race.....lol

and yea, as it has been stated before, the US has no official language, and it should never have one. you do know that there's certain cities inside the US in which you will hear the majority of people speaking spanish right?

where I live, 95% of the population speaks spanish as their daily language, it doesnt matter whether theyre citizens or not. you can go to mcdonalds or wal mart, or even places like dillards and the employees will speak spanish to you, as per default. HOwever, if you do not know spanish, (which is very rare), they can also speak fluent english.
Virtually, everyone is bilingual, with the exception of some older people who came here as adults (its alot harder to learn a language when your older).

so there's the solution, why can't we teach both spanish and english in schools? problem solved.

I work in schools, and when I go to an elementary, 95 % of the kids (im talking about 6 - 10 yr olds) are FLUENT in both spanish and english....

Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:51 PM on j-body.org
True, mexican is not a language
English "should" be the official Language of the U.S

English has been the official language of Tennessee since 1984!!
GO VOLS!

Sunday, April 15, 2007 11:28 AM on j-body.org
mexicans are from mexico i am cubin " im from florida" !! lol neways WALMART sux Target is better

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:33 PM on j-body.org
I got in on this one late, but it's an out and out wonder the self check out at my Walmart in Georgia doesn't default to spanish. When I go in to work tonight there will be one black supervisor, one white maintenance mechanic, and myself (also a mechanic). Everybody else will from Mexico plus one Cuban. I've been working here for almost two years and there has never been a white or black production worker. Most of the supervisors also admit that probably 90% are illegal. These immigrants really have no reason to learn english. Case in point: There is one guy at work who's been in the US for 10 years, can't speak a bit of english, never had a driver's license, and was given a TICKET for no license when pulled over. Hell we're bending over backwards for people like him so we can keep his cheap labor. Corporations run America.

I'm not trying to be a dick either. I'm friends with the vast majority of the people I work with even though most of them don't speak english that well. We still cut up and have fun. I can't blame anyone for wanting to come over here to the US to better themselves, and honestly we lost the war on illegal aliens a long time ago so expect the immigrant population to grow and grow. President Bush doesn't give a rat's azz, he's too busy doing more damage and getting more americans killed than any terrorist could have done with his hard on for Iraq.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:40 PM on j-body.org
The biggest truth is that indeed, corporations run America.

Pissed that there's even Spanish on the machine? Tell that to Wal Mart or any company who'd rather not lose a sale than make a stand.

Tired of them coming here for labor? It's business that puts them to work. There's a demand, they're the supply.

It's all really not that complicated.

---

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:57 PM on j-body.org
I've always said that if you want to slow down the problem with illegal aliens you have to go after the companies that employ them. Corporate America gets richer while we the working man gets poorer, and that's being fueled by cheap labor.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:55 PM on j-body.org
Walmart is cheap
Just now I went to walmart to get a subway for lunch and they only had one person making subs and running the cashier machine and he was slow as hell, 6 people in line blablablabla sometimes I hate walmart but I work in the middle of nowhere and that's about all we have to choose.
There's BK, mcdonalds, taco hell, but I don't want all that grease
I would not be impressed if there's a walmart in mars

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search