the ORG is DEAD!!! - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: the ORG is DEAD!!!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007 1:22 PM on j-body.org
oregon trail ownz all!!! i remember leisure suit larry playing off of floppy dics. lmao

John W(Ranger1316) wrote:
Joey Baggs (Eazy716) wrote:maybe im being naive, but i dont remember a whole lot of people my age acting as most do these days when we were younger.

You're not even 30 and you're remembering the good ol' days

There were plenty of idiots when you were 16-20 just like today and as the org becomes larger, the number of @ssholes is bound to too.

well when i think back 10 years...ya those were the good ole days to me....at least at this point. and ya, there were plenty of idiots...just seems like the civil to retard ratio has gone in a negative fashion since.

hell, maybe its just part of feeling "old". education, full time job, owning a home, engaged, not a whole lot of excitement like there used to be idk about you, but mowing the lawn, remodeling the house and deciding on what towels match the bathroom better isnt my choice in what id like to be doing

wow, i sound like will farrell in old skool........"got a pretty neat little saturday planned. going to the home depot, then maybe a little bed bath and beyond. I dont know if we'll have enough time"

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:12 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Priorities shift, it's a fact of life.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 3:49 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Joey Baggs (Eazy716)
hell, maybe its just part of feeling "old". education, full time job, owning a home, engaged, not a whole lot of excitement like there used to be idk about you, but mowing the lawn, remodeling the house and deciding on what towels match the bathroom better isnt my choice in what id like to be doing

mowing the lawn - pay a neighborhood kid 10 bucks to do it
remodeling the house - mexicans (pay is optional)
towels - wifes job

problem solved

Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:21 AM on j-body.org
Guess I thought everyone walked around with 2-8 foot dicks, and drove 6-8 second cavs and flowers. I almost forgot about all the squirrel that comes from owning the best ecobox ever made. When you drive a j-body by women...their panties hit the ground. I mean we all know that our cars are better than vettes, right. Also if you do not go along with the norm you ain't cool, and if your to normal you ain't cool either.

On a real note most org members are getting older.. Some are going on to bigger and better things. People move on. There is only so many intakes and header(s) companies will make for our cars. Almost everything has been done to a j-body sometime in the past now....its not like they are new ones rolling of the assembly line to keep having ass hats and enthusiasts join the site. Most things have been tried, and there is normally agreement on things, kinda. Its just people move on...there's a few die hards here, but most drift away and sometimes find there way back.
added There are less nut swingers than in the past, so post do not live on for so long.

Org is never dead....just slow sometimes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:22 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, July 12, 2007 8:20 PM on j-body.org
I got sick of a lot of the bs about a year ago and just stopped posting. Then stumbled my way back in one day and the addiction came back. I can't help it, I love these american econoboxes. I like seeing what others have done. I even like reading and laughing at some of the misinformation out there. It's really quite funny, if you're an "experienced" tuner to read some of the stuff posted up by newbies.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Friday, July 13, 2007 9:31 PM on j-body.org
I have been here about 3yrs and being older(38) and owning a first gen,I stick with this site for info and share with those others who own the same.I try to help out if I know the subject and check the chat room which is normally dead these days but,so be it.This is a great site regardless of the picture paint of it in todays time.Love my j its only 22yrs old and have not lost interest in it yet!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:36 PM on j-body.org
Whats lacking is the embracement of dramatic/off-trend modification even in it's infant stages..

I'm not new to the tuner industry as I've dedicated hours, days, years to following trends, reading up on the technicals and especially watching showcar trends and real custom mods. I can spot a modified car and dissect it based on what companies the parts are from, even at a distance. People say I've got too much time on my hands but I'm very into this and have not lost the heart for it yet.

Guess what? Some of the top winning vehicles are not fresh off the assembly line so this website isn't going anywhere. WIth enough creativity, talent and allocated finances even a tried, tested and true platform can be innovative. The world never stops turning and neither does the evolution of the scene and it can be applied to any platform, really.

Is it dead? No. The simple and played out mods and styles are abundant. Big engines will always be in, but as for style and asthetics.. it's going to take that much more insight and creativity to create an original product. Having the most TV screens is bull@!#$. Having the biggest stereo is bull@!#$. It's not the materials and products, it's the execution, originality and quality of the install.

If it were a dead (it is discontinued, but still supported) and completely lacking platform, I'd have never started on my Cav. I'm not giving up no matter, even after the flaming I took just yesterday over my half-finished @!#$box.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:24 AM on j-body.org
people can talk @!#$ about org and the kids that act the way they do... but there is a place far worse than anything ive ever seen go on here...

www.vadriven.com ... Its like the 16 year olds in virginia decided to go off the deepend and make a website where they can talk @!#$ all day long... If its not American JDM (cause in japan its totally different then what these f*kheads came up with), it gets joked...

Screw them

www.VADriven.com wrote:Oh you hook up a cavalier. Even if you make it 10 seconds its still a piece. No one gives 2 @!#$s about anyone with a cavalier. Get a honda

Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:50 PM on j-body.org
DrAkE wrote:oregon trail was great... and when i finally beat it...

spearing fish was @!#$ hard

Monday, August 27, 2007 3:45 AM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn wrote:911 dispatcher: Hello, what's your emergency?
*droOpy*: e-thugs they're everywhere
911 dispatcher:excuse me?
*droOpy*:e-thugs, they're bashing peoples rides and belittling all the other kids
911 dispatcher: are you serious?
*droOpy*: yes it's getting worse, please hurry.
911 dispatcher: bitch, you aboot to get tele-thugged, click

yeah a lot of people are gone but there are others that can't quite fill the same shoes but do in different ways, gotta take the good with the bad on everything.

does this bother you that much?

Thats the real problem.... the 911 dispatcher is a canuckian!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, August 27, 2007 8:34 AM on j-body.org
Bad Ace Design wrote:
DrAkE wrote:oregon trail was great... and when i finally beat it...

spearing fish was @!#$ hard

that was easy... finding the damn herbs and @#$% was harder

Monday, August 27, 2007 9:20 AM on j-body.org
ThaCensoredOne(XtrmeDelusions) wrote:people can talk @!#$ about org and the kids that act the way they do... but there is a place far worse than anything ive ever seen go on here...

www.vadriven.com ... Its like the 16 year olds in virginia decided to go off the deepend and make a website where they can talk @!#$ all day long... If its not American JDM (cause in japan its totally different then what these f*kheads came up with), it gets joked...

Screw them

www.VADriven.com wrote:Oh you hook up a cavalier. Even if you make it 10 seconds its still a piece. No one gives 2 @!#$s about anyone with a cavalier. Get a honda

Haha, i thought ignorant rich boy with to much money bashing on a economy car untill i read the bolded part...Pot meet kettle

Monday, August 27, 2007 9:21 AM on j-body.org
Darkstars wrote:
*droOpy* wrote:
Darkstars wrote:so is this you going off the deep end because you didn't catch the point of my post?

edit - http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=5&i=610137&t=610137 is what I'm refering to

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no but since youre affended....my job is done......just what i figured.

it was a simple question... and you didn't answer it.

and I'm not offended, don't take this the wrong way but in reality nothing you have to say will affect me one way or the other. I don't know you, you don't know me, I'm never gonna be offended by anything you or anyone else behind a computer has to say.

not to single anyone out...cuz im not trying to...but I am COMPLETELY agreeing with what ryan says. I have good friends here...and frankly I could give a rats ass what anyone thinks of this site or where its been/gone. Things aren't as different as one might think. There's still people that are avid participants...and some asshats. that will never change

Monday, August 27, 2007 1:38 PM on j-body.org
DroptopPaul wrote:
Darkstars wrote:
*droOpy* wrote:
Darkstars wrote:so is this you going off the deep end because you didn't catch the point of my post?

edit - http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=5&i=610137&t=610137 is what I'm refering to

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no but since youre affended....my job is done......just what i figured.

it was a simple question... and you didn't answer it.

and I'm not offended, don't take this the wrong way but in reality nothing you have to say will affect me one way or the other. I don't know you, you don't know me, I'm never gonna be offended by anything you or anyone else behind a computer has to say.

not to single anyone out...cuz im not trying to...but I am COMPLETELY agreeing with what ryan says. I have good friends here...and frankly I could give a rats ass what anyone thinks of this site or where its been/gone. Things aren't as different as one might think. There's still people that are avid participants...and some asshats. that will never change

No one gives a rats ass what you think...you drive an ugly ass car that no one likes. Keep swinging from ryans nuts...

By the way...pirates own Ninjas...and i wanna have your babies Paul...annnnnd I agree with you..so X2

Thought something was gunna be down here huh....thing again

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 6:17 AM on j-body.org
haha thanks ross

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 6:36 AM on j-body.org
lol what can i said...

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:49 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]I blame The Fast and the Furious.

i wouldn't blame the movie. i'd say it was fuel to the fire

but after reading everyones post, i too agree. i don't give a shlt less what pepole think of my car. (i happen to own an SRT4 (bashers everywhere, especially from the mustang crowd)). and i do too remember the days of the forums when they were looked upon insight and knowledge rather than unbiased opinions and thread whoring. in that nature, i agree that the .ORG and . NET forum will die eventually.

oh yea, Oregon Trail was a badass game for the record. LOL!!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:39 PM on j-body.org
this thread was dead

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search