A sign of "change?" - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: A sign of
Friday, August 28, 2009 10:35 AM on j-body.org
Your post needs no real rebuttal. You still don't get it, and you're the biggest hypocrite here.

The percentage of increases I gave you were from a spreadsheet with all of the defense spending budgets for the last 60 years. I simply added the column of calculating increase over previous year to give you those numbers, which do not support your point, but you can't see past your own lack of ability to see correlations between statistics, budgets, and policies. I wager that anyone here can understand the numbers and connections I've posted better than you.

My previous posts stands on it's own in how it explains things, and your posts stands on it's own in how you fail to comprehend concepts and numbers.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 9:57 AM on j-body.org
Slowly things moving up.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 8:27 PM on j-body.org
It's all a shell game man. Move this here, extend that there to show something good now, but pay for it later.
Obama looks good now because he is hiding all the trash in his room under the bed and in the closet. That's all. The trash is still there, and getting worse. The next president will have to clean up after 2 messy presidents.

You can believe anything you want. but don't show up here when Obama is voted out and the country is in worse shape 4 years later....and we say we told you so.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Thursday, September 03, 2009 4:36 AM on j-body.org
DING DING DING.

Ergo my comments about the next adman inheriting the econ from the previous... I may go as far to say, anything that shows a "up swing" is "W's" doing.

OK, bash away...

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, September 06, 2009 5:38 AM on j-body.org
According the the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the August net job loss was 392,000, in spite of the public release saying it was only 216,000. From the BLS website, this report gives a full picture. From the very first paragraph entitled "Household Survey Data":
Quote:

In August, the number of unemployed persons increased by 466,000 to 14.9 million, and the unemployment rate rose by 0.3 percentage point to 9.7 percent.

If you look at Table A at the bottom, you will see the stats (in thousands):

Civilian Labor Force: July: 154,504...August: 154,577...Change: +73

Employment: July: 140,041...August: 139,649...Change: -392

The 466,000 number comes from the fact that the reported labor force increased slightly, but the real number to look at is the employment number. The 216 number they are using is the "non-farm" number. However, the reported unemployment rate includes the non-farm, so the exclusion of the 176,000 farm workers from the publicly reported statistics is disingenuous.

Since there are people who love to keep reporting the positive of the present, and the negative of times past, while ignoring the negative of the present, I guess I'm left with the roll of "pessimist", giving you the rest of the story of what's currently happening.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search