There's a smell of something like fire in the air - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 2:36 PM on j-body.org
BlackEco wrote:

(tabs) wrote:

BlackEco wrote:


I meant it seems obvious this is a huge motivating factor in the hatred towards Obama. Of all the signs you see at the Tea Parties a majority of the signs are directed towards Obama with some sort of defaming characterture. ........ then why didn't they feel this way 7 years ago? The fact is they didn't because it wasn't until a black man came to office that they put down the remote and got off their lazy a5ses

people's anger and ire are being directed at the figurehead of our country--the position, not the man. when people protested and made fun of bush for the past 8 years, do you think it was because he was white? if you say no, then why do you all of a sudden draw the conclusion that when the same thing happens to our current president, that its racist? the same acts are being committed, yet one is considered to be racist and one isnt.

its simply BS liberal spin used to try and divert attention from the real problems and to try and garner favor with the dim witted who are too dense to see through such childish charades.


ORLY?
...Really so your telling me for a lot of these people it is not a race issue? The fact is these racist idiots have hi-jacked the entire message (at least this is the way it appears in plain site to ordinary folks.) If there ever was a message about freedom and liberty it has now been lost thanks to these morons. They have tainted the entire "Tea Party" Movement which originally started by Ron Paul supporters long before BO was even elected.

This would not have happened if we had strong intellectual leaders in the Republican party. This is the result of the base of the the party which is ignorant to the meaning of true Freedom and Liberty, as well as the vision of founding fathers. These so called "republicans" who have been lounging on their arm chairs the past 8 years lended support to snakes like Joe "The Fake" Plumber and Sarah Palin. Having these false idols in the Liberty movement is completely counter productive.
Well, heh...if you think the Republican party is somehow in control of the "racist brigade", then that kind of says a lot about where you place Republicans on your personal, lets call it, Evolutionary Scale.

Additionally...if you were idealistic enough to think that a Black becoming president would NOT have automatically resulted in this type of racist element boiling to the top, regardless of any other political party or agenda, well...you may be either a bit too optimistic about racism in America, or a lot too naive about it.

Racism doesn't just pack its bags and disappear one day...it happens very gradually; actually Generationally. As I've been here a while now, experiencing generations from my grandparents (who came of age in the Great Depression) to my now 20-something children, I can tell you that racism is always getting better. I can also tell you without hesitation that it is still very much NOT eradicated.

The right wing is not in control of racists. Racists hate no matter what party they or you associate them with.


Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:22 PM




Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 2:55 PM on j-body.org
Let's face it as long as there are different races there will be racism. As long as human beings can draw distinctions between one another they will always use them to justify some sort of discrimination.

I don't think there are any historically racial epithets regarding white guys being likened to monkeys, but hey I'm always up for seeing the evidence!

The weakest links of the tea party gatherings is these ignorant xenophobes showing up type casting the entire movement. If their views weren't supported by the majority then they should be asked to not make a scene for the media with their racist displays. I guess there probably is little which can be done to REASON with these types of people though. Definitely not the type of supporters we need in a movement to restore Freedom and Liberty to America.


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:17 PM on j-body.org
LOL, yeah, that "blacks as monkeys" thing sure goes back a ways...but in a more enlightened world, it's only as powerful as you allow it to be. When I see that kind of thing, I am just thankful that the hater is being so blatantly honest about their real position so as to allow the rest of us to see it, shake our heads, and just dismiss it completely. Those ones are easy, as they limit themselves almost the moment they open their mouths. It's the subversive ones that we need to worry about.

Come to mention it, I do believe there was a fella who managed to piss quite a few people off comparing Whites to monkeys. Wasn't his name....Darwin?




Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:19 PM



Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:49 PM on j-body.org
http://images.google.com/images?q=bush%20monkey&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi











youre right.....there are no instances where a white person has ever been compared to a monkey. its just "different" this time, right...?






Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:51 PM on j-body.org
LOL. Some of those are awesome!




Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:36 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

LOL, yeah, that "blacks as monkeys" thing sure goes back a ways...but in a more enlightened world, it's only as powerful as you allow it to be. When I see that kind of thing, I am just thankful that the hater is being so blatantly honest about their real position so as to allow the rest of us to see it, shake our heads, and just dismiss it completely. Those ones are easy, as they limit themselves almost the moment they open their mouths. It's the subversive ones that we need to worry about.

Come to mention it, I do believe there was a fella who managed to piss quite a few people off comparing Whites to monkeys. Wasn't his name....Darwin?


Not Monkeys, we decended from Apes, Monkeys are our ancestoral cousins


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:38 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:

http://images.google.com/images?q=bush%20monkey&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi











youre right.....there are no instances where a white person has ever been compared to a monkey. its just "different" this time, right...?


Historical... Fail

Racist... Fail

Sorry doesn't meet the test.


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:05 PM on j-body.org
what doesnt meet the test is that its ok for one but not the other. that = FAIL.

stop acting like the majority against obama are racist while blindly ignoring the untold millions who voted for him because he was black. doing so just glazes over the deeper rooted problems that people have with him by using a straw man to call out.




Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:15 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:

what doesnt meet the test is that its ok for one but not the other. that = FAIL.

stop acting like the majority against obama are racist while blindly ignoring the untold millions who voted for him because he was black. doing so just glazes over the deeper rooted problems that people have with him by using a straw man to call out.



Actually it's your inability to put a concept into context. When you are talking about race relations in America you can't ignore history, if it wasn't for the history none of it would make sense. We can't just deny part of the past and pretend it doesn't effect how people feel about race. Hence why comparing one individual to a monkey is not the same as comparing an entire ethnic group towards a monkey which is a big part of Americas past. It's only been 40 years since idiotic Black Face comedy was mainstream in many parts of the country.


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:41 PM on j-body.org
...and racism is getting better all the time, as I said above. Rejoice...it was also impossible to think of a Black Man in the White House 40 years ago!

Continously beating people over the head with this "racism bad" rant doesn't help the cause at all. Frankly, results will come faster when you don't. We get it. No one here disagrees racism's bad. No one's practicing it here...that's another way you know we agree it's bad.

Try to see the more pressing issues, and put some of this seemingly limitless energy towards them instead.

Remember...it's not always about you!






Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:10 PM on j-body.org
BlackEco wrote:

Actually it's your inability to put a concept into context. When you are talking about race relations in America you can't ignore history, if it wasn't for the history none of it would make sense. We can't just deny part of the past and pretend it doesn't effect how people feel about race. Hence why comparing one individual to a monkey is not the same as comparing an entire ethnic group towards a monkey which is a big part of Americas past. It's only been 40 years since idiotic Black Face comedy was mainstream in many parts of the country.

the point is....you keep throwing race into the mix like its the only defining characteristic of anyone who does not agree with obama. how do you expect for any sort of closure to come about when people keep tossing out the race card at the smallest of things?

obama's side keeps throwing racism around like its the norm when in fact it is the small minority. i dont care what people were like 40 or 50 or 60 years ago. what i care about is what its like now--and its not even remotely similar to what it was like back then. every time you bring race up like its the be-all and end-all of the discussion, you are no better than those who bring it up and use it as an excuse to hate.

and quite frankly.....its all semantics. making fun of someone for their skin color is no worse than making fun of someone for anything else--be it their religion, sexuality, or even lack of intelligence. saying that the one that your candidate is being ridiculed for is worse than any other is again a simple ruse used to deflect from the real issues.





Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:11 PM



Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:22 PM on j-body.org
Well BlackEco, lets use your reasoning and put it in perspective. If every republican is racist, then explain this one for me.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=16500

So MLK was a republican, thus in your eyes, "A Racist" yet he was black himself and helped to do many good things for every American no matter what race?

Ok, example number 2, Abraham Lincoln, was the nations first Republican president. Not only that he also did many great things for African Americans as a race, most notably freeing those enslaved.

If I must I can probably dig up more, including proving that the Democrats were the party that was fighting against the civil rights movement, yet that is the party of Obama and the party that screams, "Racist!" all the time. How fitting they would say that considering, it would seem they would know since it is rooted deep in the history of the party.


I live in one of the most racist areas in the south, it being the most racist region of the country, and I have yet to meet someone that will openly say they hate Obama's policy because they are a racist or he is black, yet I know a bunch that voted him in solely because of that reason.

It is a proven fact that the majority of Americans, (in the area of 85 think highly of their current insurance or lack of, and only 15ish percent either don't like it or have no opinion, yet it is a problem for every American. Yes there are things needing fixed but turning it over to a system that can't handle small programs and is expecting to handle every person in America I think is a foolish and reckless thing.

You sir need to learn your history and research views on both sides and make an opinion you believe, not what they media says. Becauase every news media no matter who it is will spin it their way.




Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:02 PM on j-body.org
I think my point of view is confusing some of you because my views don't fall on party lines. I don't agree with Obama on pretty much any of the legislation he is proposing, the difference is I know there are better way to attack him than to use race and holding up black face signs. Using racism would completely discredit my arguments. Unfortunately a lot of racist bigots who are accepted under the Republican umbrella have changed the debate to race rather than one of substance. I'm not going to shelter the bigots amongst the Liberty movement, they only discredit the cause. If we had people acting accordingly at the rallies, then it would be much easier to point fingers towards the other side and say, "No you are the ones trying to demagogue the issue." Unfortunately that's not going to happen with loud mouth idiots grabbing the news microphones while holding signs that say "Go Back to Africa."


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:37 PM on j-body.org
OK. We know the idiots are there too.

Do you fear that rational people will be swayed by them?
Why does continually repeating these things seem like a solution to you?
What is achieved when your audience is already quite aware?
To what end are your actions making a difference if they can be perceived as merely repetition?





Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:53 PM on j-body.org
The majority of Americans do not vote rationally. If they did we would have no Barack Obama or 2nd term George W. Bush.
They are easily swayed by the mass media whether a left or right outlet, the majority of people do not take time to research all sides when determining their opinion. We live in a fast paced society and most of us are content with being spoon fed, which is why so many people vote on party lines.
Therefore tightly controlling the message is important to move forward an agenda in the current political environment.


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:00 PM on j-body.org
Half-Black!


Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:07 PM on j-body.org
BlackEco wrote:

Let's face it as long as there are different races there will be racism. As long as human beings can draw distinctions between one another they will always use them to justify some sort of discrimination.

I don't think there are any historically racial epithets regarding white guys being likened to monkeys, but hey I'm always up for seeing the evidence!

The weakest links of the tea party gatherings is these ignorant xenophobes showing up type casting the entire movement. If their views weren't supported by the majority then they should be asked to not make a scene for the media with their racist displays. I guess there probably is little which can be done to REASON with these types of people though. Definitely not the type of supporters we need in a movement to restore Freedom and Liberty to America.


you've brought this up in every post you've made. so i'll help you out here. THERE'S DUMBASSES EVERYWHERE YOU GO! it doesn't matter where you go, whether its politics, car enthusiast groups, anything. Think Rodimus, for example.

i'll put it in terms you can understand. take the average everyday ricer with a fart can and an intake that thinks he's the biggest badass in the tuning circuit. he goes around challenging everyone, anywhere he can, to a street race. it makes you look down on the entire group of enthusiasts because that one person is a complete douche. the same is happening here.

racists are not the only ones who oppose Obama. it just happens that you dont here about the other people, simply because the shock factor is not there. you don't hear about the real tuners, who confine their racing to the track either, you hear about the latest idiot that killed 5 people in a street racing accident. its the same concept.





Check out my build thread!

Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:29 AM on j-body.org
One man in a group of many holding up a racist sign attacking obama is about as degrading as one person in a forum screaming racist when anyone posts about obama. think about that.


your taking a few minoritys in a large group of people and acting like the majority agree. just like the media does.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Monday, September 28, 2009 11:06 AM on j-body.org
ok no one take this the wrong way because I am not being sarcastic but I truely enjoy reading you guys post. I am not that smart when it comes to politics, hell I hardly watch the news anymore because it got out of hand for a while, but you guys are definitely very informative (minus the few apples in the bunch lol)



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search