Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Saturday, October 03, 2009 1:24 PM on j-body.org
Hey, how bout this? Instead of federally mandated/run health care plans, let the states decide for themselves. If virginia wants a universal healthcare for all system, then let Virginia residents check a box on their payroll tax form, and let those wish to vet coverage pay for it. Those who don't check the box (any reason) don't get the coverage. That way only people who want to be taxed get the coverage. Rich guy with a Cadillac plan keeps his plan and doesn't get his paycheck raped to pay for someone else's upkeep. Minimum wage earners who want it, get a percentage withheld each check to cover it.


I really don't care if it works, but seems to be the only just approach.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Saturday, October 03, 2009 11:46 PM on j-body.org
This is the way 95% of the shiit currently going on in capitol hill should be handled. If you don't like the way your state manages things then move! Everyone can be happy this way rather than the majority constantly imposing on the minority on every issue. Federal government should only be concerned with national security (real threats), enforcing contracts and property rights. States should be handling everything else.


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Sunday, October 04, 2009 3:42 AM on j-body.org
10th amendment. too bad it gets forgotten about so much on capitol hill.





Check out my build thread!

Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Sunday, October 04, 2009 1:05 PM on j-body.org
Exactly. If California wants to tax everyone to death, then go ahead and let them. Just don't ask norh Dakota to give their money to Cali. Let each state run themselves like blackeco said. ( I can't believe I just said that)


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Monday, October 05, 2009 6:07 AM on j-body.org
If for no other reason, this right here is why Congress should absolutely not pass the bill. I'm seriously getting pissed off at their need for force bills through that no one has read, and that many have no intention of reading. With over 1,000 pages of new red tape being added to the laws, Congress has no business passing something that every one of them has not read and understood. If it's too complicated for them, they can resign now as far as I'm concerned.





Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Monday, October 05, 2009 6:37 AM on j-body.org
If they can't read and understand the legalease they shouldn't be on capitol hill. It's there job to understand these bills and to vote on them.

We need single payer, so everyone has access to affordable healthcare, this will also create competition with the private insurance companies, forcing them to offer a better option.


-Chris

Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Monday, October 05, 2009 7:18 AM on j-body.org
IamRascal wrote:

If they can't read and understand the legalease they shouldn't be on capitol hill. It's there job to understand these bills and to vote on them.
Exactly. If they can't read a bill, they can't perform the duties of their job.

IamRascal wrote:

We need single payer, so everyone has access to affordable healthcare, this will also create competition with the private insurance companies, forcing them to offer a better option.
You do realize that single payer means there are no private insurance companies, right? It does not mean competition for the private industry, it means the complete elimination of it.

The notion that there needs to be more competition sounds all fine and wonderful, but the putting the Federal Government into the ring is not increasing competition, it's a takeover. No one can hope to compete with the entity that makes the rules and takes their money from everywhere but their customers. Add this basic premise to the fact that one of the ways they want to pay for it is to tax private health care benefits, and you're just tipping the scales to destroy the private sector of health care.

The way to increase competition? Start allowing people to buy from whoever they want. You can use the example that the Democrats have thrown around as an example of the reason we need their plan: in Arizona, one company has an 80% market share for health insurance. Why? Because the people can not buy from a plan in a nother state. If you simply open up the state borders and allow people to buy from whatever company they chose, that 80% market share will drop drastically.






Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Monday, October 05, 2009 9:19 AM on j-body.org
Competition breeds innovation and lower costs. Monopolies are the death of competition.

There can be no greater monoply than the nationalization of an industry. Case closed, IMHO.





Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Monday, October 05, 2009 5:16 PM on j-body.org
Thus why "Unions" are (should) be a thing of the past.

to bad osoma...... i keep doing that... owns GM now....

Well, looks like Im back working for the guvment.

Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Tuesday, October 06, 2009 1:37 PM on j-body.org
i don't get why the government isn't looking at whats happened to massachusetts with their universal care. sure, everyone is covered, but the state's funding is bleeding dry, and it takes forever to see a doctor.






Check out my build thread!

Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Tuesday, October 06, 2009 1:50 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I'm seriously getting pissed off at their need for force bills through that no one has read, and that many have no intention of reading.


cough cough patriot act cough republicans cough cough






Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Tuesday, October 06, 2009 2:02 PM on j-body.org
^ funny. obama's done nothing to repeal the act that dems pissed and moaned about for so long.





Check out my build thread!

Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Tuesday, October 06, 2009 2:43 PM on j-body.org
Heh. It's been slowly becoming apparent that Obama is a bit more moderate, a bit closer to the middle, than his handlers would have liked. I find that immensely satisfying, not because I rail against the left end of things...more because I tend towards the middle, and Obama's surprised and pleased me by being closer to the middle than I had anticipated.





Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Tuesday, October 06, 2009 4:41 PM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:

i don't get why the government isn't looking at whats happened to massachusetts with their universal care. sure, everyone is covered, but the state's funding is bleeding dry, and it takes forever to see a doctor.

Not any more. They dumped subsidized coverage for legal immigrants in the beginning of the summer because of budget reasons. Now I have a problem with the entire system, and especially for covering non-citizens, but the point here is they dropped the coverage because the state could not afford it. This is what happens when coverage is given out: the budget gets spread thin, and they have options: chose who gets coverage at all, or chose which coverage to cut out for everyone. Either way, you are looking at rationing, plain and simple.


Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

It's been slowly becoming apparent that Obama is a bit more moderate, a bit closer to the middle, than his handlers would have liked.
Please tell me you are kidding with this. He speaks moderate, but his policies and beliefs are radical, and he flat-out lies on plenty of occasions. When you will hear him closer to his actual beliefs is when he is in the presence of his core constituents, such as the unions or the community organizing groups. The only reason he doesn't come out and speak in plain language to the general public, exposing his position is that he knows he would immediately lose the support of the majority of this country. He is great at giving speeches which excite people, and make people feel good, but you have to look past it and really analyze what he does, not what he says. He uses language which people know and are comfortable with, such as "increased competition", when his intent is to remove the competition (private sector) in favor of his ideals (single-payer public plan). This is only an example, but he does it all the time.





Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Tuesday, October 06, 2009 5:09 PM on j-body.org
You're a racist.... And I'll root for thecubs no matter what they do, because.....well. That's just what I do


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Tuesday, October 06, 2009 6:15 PM on j-body.org
Greedy Capitalist Pig wrote:

Please tell me you are kidding with this. He speaks moderate, but his policies and beliefs are radical, and he flat-out lies on plenty of occasions. When you will hear him closer to his actual beliefs is when he is in the presence of his core constituents, such as the unions or the community organizing groups. The only reason he doesn't come out and speak in plain language to the general public, exposing his position is that he knows he would immediately lose the support of the majority of this country. He is great at giving speeches which excite people, and make people feel good, but you have to look past it and really analyze what he does, not what he says. He uses language which people know and are comfortable with, such as "increased competition", when his intent is to remove the competition (private sector) in favor of his ideals (single-payer public plan). This is only an example, but he does it all the time.

Not kidding at all! I think far leftists in his party would back me up. I offer that you may be myopic about him as a result of your utter revulsion with him. You can't see what I say, for it doesn't fit your mindset, and I'm OK with that.





Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 8:17 AM on j-body.org
He's not moderate at all. He may waffle or balk at some far left ideas, but not as a matter of principle, but rather self-preservation.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 8:24 AM on j-body.org
And another thing....

He's pro-abortion/ pro-gay marriage/ pro-socialized medicine/ pro- redistribution of wealth/ and surrounds himself with leftwing nutjobs (Eric holder, Jennings, Van Jones, Jeremiah wright, (and that health and human services broad). These cronies have agendas that most Americans find too extremely liberal.... The guy is just like them.

And his seemingly soft stance on gun control? Well boys, he does want to win reelection after all.... Wait til second term for that nugget


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 8:27 AM on j-body.org
Hmm...different shades of grey here, I suppose. To me, anyone that is not extreme left or right is moderate to SOME degree...it's hard to define what that specifically means in a way everyone agrees with. Like, HOW moderate, for instance. When we say someone "leans" moderate, that doesn't put them squarely in the moderate category. Just to clarify, I am alleging Obama leans moderate on certain issues, thus drawing some fire from the far lefties who cry foul.

There's so many different flavors of us...certainly way more than three (left, moderate, right).





Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:14 AM on j-body.org
Actually just 2.....right and wrong.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:18 AM on j-body.org
Poor Mans Cavalier wrote:

Quote:

I'm seriously getting pissed off at their need for force bills through that no one has read, and that many have no intention of reading.


cough cough patriot act cough republicans cough cough





cough cough slavery cough cough.





what does your post and mine have in common?




neither have a damn thing to do about this post.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:33 AM on j-body.org
Kent Conrad (democrat fro Wisconsin) was complaining about czars and lack off accountability . He said merely stating that bush did it too is not an adequate defense of their post


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Health care reform....managed by individual states, not DC.
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:48 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

Actually just 2.....right and wrong.


Hehe, yeah..we are so well trained in choosing sides. It's like America programs you to operate on the "Choose One" concept, with only two choices. To me, only two choices is almost no choice at all.
Examples:


CHOOSE ONE!

    I'm right-you're wrong or He's right,-you're wrong
    Repub or Dem
    Liberal or Conservative
    Black or White
    Straight or Gay
    Masculine or Feminine
    ProLife or ProChoice
    Cubs or Sox (Chi-town humor )
    Giants or Yankees (NYC humor)
    etc etc to infinity

Ah, for a bit of consensus, or coalition, or...goddamit ...at least more than two measly choices all the time!
They sure know how to draw that line in the sand and pit us against one another, don't they?





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search