A sodier's thoughts - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A sodier's thoughts
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:09 PM on j-body.org
I may not support the president of the US. I may not support the choices he makes, but I will always support thoses who fight for this country!

HOOAH!"
Body: It may take you two minutes to read this, but if you do not take the time to read this you are one of the people this post is talking about.

You stay up for 16 hours

He stays up for days on end.

You take a warm shower to help you wake up.

He goes days or weeks without running water.

You complain of a "headache", and call in sick.

He gets shot at as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.

You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet up with your friends.

He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.

You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket.

He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.

You talk trash about your "buddies" that aren't with you.

He knows he may not see some of his buddies again.

You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.

He patrols the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.

You complain about how hot it is.

He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.

You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.

He doesn't get to eat today.

Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.

He wears the same things for weeks, but makes sure his weapons are clean.

You go to the mall and get your hair redone.

He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.

You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.

He's told he will be held over an extra 2 months.

You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight.

He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.

You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.

He holds his letter close and smells his love's perfume.

You roll your eyes as a baby cries.

He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they'll ever meet

You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.

He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own people and remembers why he is fighting.

You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of men like him.

He hears the gunfire, bombs and screams of the wounded.

You see only what the media wants you to see.

He sees the broken bodies lying around him.

You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.

He does exactly what he is told.

You stay at home and watch TV.

He takes whatever time he is given to call, write home, sleep, and eat.

You crawl into your soft bed, with down pillows, and get comfortable.

He tries to sleep but gets woken by mortars and helicopters all night long.

You sit there and judge him, saying the world is probably a worse place because of men like him.

If only there were more men like him

If you don't support your troops well, then don't repost, it's not like you know the men and women that are dying to preserve your right

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Re: A sodier's thoughts
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:13 PM on j-body.org
I was sent this in an email, just thought I'd share with you guys. I've got two cousins in the military, one Navy, the other Army. I'd be there too, but I blew my ACL at the end of basic. Please these guys need all the support we can give them. One of my cousins checks the org often, he has his own 04 eco cav and can't wait to get home for a couple weeks so he and I can go nuts with it. Show these guys we care!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 11:47 PM on j-body.org
Love it...

Thursday, May 03, 2007 6:06 AM on j-body.org
It's Soldier, or Soldier's in your context

Thursday, May 03, 2007 9:11 AM on j-body.org
Take the BS parts out and it'd be a great list.

---

Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:14 AM on j-body.org
^^^my thoughts exactly. then it would be a good thing to think about other than rhetoric for a pseudo-patriotic circle-jerk.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:00 PM on j-body.org
Hooah!

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:36 PM on j-body.org
Again this is an email rounder, so I accept that it's got some fallacious bits in it... but some of it makes me wonder who exactly is writing this.

Blue 04: This isn't a shot against you personally, so don't take it that way.

Blue 04 TRD (XLS2K4) wrote:I may not support the president of the US. I may not support the choices he makes, but I will always support thoses who fight for this country!

I do NOT support your president's choices. And the Troops follow orders, they don't make assinine and repugnant foreign policy.
Quote:

You stay up for 16 hours

He stays up for days on end.

Stays up for days on end? I don't know about that. Usually they aren't disposed to staying up for too long unless absolutely necessary... they aren't under fire routinely for 72 hours at a time or more. Even now... it's a far cry from siege conditions.

At this point, it's not impossible to see that Iraq is on really shaky ground, but things are still progressing... even if it's like one step forward, one step back.... Again, that's policy and planning deficiency, not the doings of individual soldiers.
Quote:

You take a warm shower to help you wake up.

He goes days or weeks without running water.

Again, I don't see this as being fact. It's possible that during a war like WWII or even as recently as Vietnam, but realistically unless someone can correct me, it's not usual for most soldiers to be out on patrol for longer than a week or so. During major engagements, you usually get relief as soon as it can come (except for this time... apparently Franks and Rummy wanted to re-invent the blitzkrieg or something), but other than that, you're likely to get running water at some point.
Quote:

You complain of a "headache", and call in sick.

He gets shot at as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.

True... part of the job when you're on the ground in a hot war. If I get a headache that stops me from going to work, I'm usually vomiting and I can't open my eyes.
Quote:

You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet up with your friends.

He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.

True, but I don't know anyone that doesn't support the troops, much less anyone that's idiotic enough to wear that fact on their sleeve... well... no one other than THIS twit.
Quote:

You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket.

He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.

What about Jews?
What about Muslims?
What about Aetheists?
What about Shintoists?
Quote:

You talk trash about your "buddies" that aren't with you.

He knows he may not see some of his buddies again.

*I* talk trash about "buddies"? Really? That's news to me.. Damn.. I must be a real asshole!
Seriously, I don't do that. I only talk trash about people that are on my butt-head list.
And for the soldiers, it's pretty much unsaid that this could happen.
Quote:

You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.

He patrols the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.

True... again, point of fact. It's the job. Soldiers that are in the field that then get leave (or whatever), can go and watch the pretty girls in other places, or come state side at the end of their deployment.
Quote:

You complain about how hot it is.

He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.

That heavy gear and helmet keeps them breathing in most cases. Plus, they can towel off under cover or at very worst, get a couple of fingers under their helmet and remove the sweat.
Quote:

You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.

He doesn't get to eat today.
Soldiers will get to eat... they're not prisoners. Now WHAT they get to eat... it's pretty horrendous: I've tried MRE's and they SUCK.

Quote:

Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.

He wears the same things for weeks, but makes sure his weapons are clean.

I HAVE A MAID NOW? DEAR LORD!!! I must not pay her enough... *looks around*
Quote:

You go to the mall and get your hair redone.

He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.

I get my hair clipped once a month or 6 weeks. And I might be wrong, but isn't there a powdered toothpaste and a small toothbrush that is issued or available? I remember seeing it in a camping supply store...
Quote:

You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.

He's told he will be held over an extra 2 months.

SAY WHAAAAAT!!! I HAVE CLASS AND A MAID?!?!?
Quote:

You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight.

He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.

I don't call my GF to set a date... we talk about it at home.

Quote:

You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.

He holds his letter close and smells his love's perfume.

Can't argue with that. They know what they're getting into when they commit to the contract.

Quote:

You roll your eyes as a baby cries.

He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they'll ever meet

I usually wince when a baby cries. And I know a lot of males that aren't in a combat zone that haven't seen their kids.

Quote:

You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.

He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own people and remembers why he is fighting.

I see a corrupted system where there was little if any planning or concern for that soldier's life.

If the author of this was at all acquainted with reality, they'd know that people join the military for any number of reasons. Not everyone is a GOP ankle grabber.

Quote:

You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of men like him.

He hears the gunfire, bombs and screams of the wounded.

Well, that's it. I must be a major league, irrepressable, asshole. I'll be damned. And EVERYONE THAT GETS THIS OR READS THIS IS TOO!!!

Quote:

You see only what the media wants you to see.

He sees the broken bodies lying around him.

What Nixonian tripe.

This person needs to become media literate, and not shovel their industrial sized Conservative Bullshitties down with this kind of junk info. If you want the simple and irrefutable truth of Television, print, radio and internet media is: "IF IT BLEEDS, IT LEADS."

Get pissed at the "media" at large if you want, they watch and report. IF you don't believe that, turn on the TV, or open a newspaper, or flick on the radio, or open up a news organization's web page. If there's bodies to be reported about, they get reported. Sex and death sells, the news corporations are selling you a product.

Quote:

You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.

He does exactly what he is told.

There goes that asshole gene again.

Seriously, there's a little difference in scale here.
Quote:

You stay at home and watch TV.

He takes whatever time he is given to call, write home, sleep, and eat.

Okay.. so now, not only am I colossal asshole who has a Maid and classes, and doesn't do what I'm asked, I also don't work or do anything, right? I'm starting to sense the writer is a judgemental dick.
Quote:

You crawl into your soft bed, with down pillows, and get comfortable.

He tries to sleep but gets woken by mortars and helicopters all night long.

So, he doesn't get sleep, but he gets enough sleep to be woken up?

Quote:

You sit there and judge him, saying the world is probably a worse place because of men like him.

If only there were more men like him

I'm not a judgmental asswipe, there's bad apples in every organization and the military is no exception, and neither is the seat of political power.
And if there were more people like this (you know.. who have actually seen combat) you wouldn't see places like Iraq fall without at least some SERIOUS planning for after the invasion... Nation building takes time, boots on the ground money and a PLAN. In Iraq, planning for Phase 4 was basically left until about 2-3 weeks before the invasion and can be summed up like this:
After we depose Saddam, we ensconse a multi-sect government, and they overtake the police, military and then they rebuild with the help of neighbours and the UN.

Quote:

If you support your troops, repost this with a "HOOAH!"

If you don't support your troops well, then don't repost, it's not like you know the men and women that are dying to preserve your right

I support the troops, not mindless and uninformed complacency.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:54 PM on j-body.org
Geez, GAM, I didn'r realize I was such a jerk until now. F me. F. Me. Hard.

---

Thursday, May 03, 2007 4:12 PM on j-body.org
You and me both Agustin.. you and me both...

Hold me?

Thursday, May 03, 2007 4:14 PM on j-body.org
AND the whole thing assumes that the Iraq "conflict" is a fight for freedom and the rights of US citizens.

No such fight has ever happened in the history of man-kind. Many are dressed up this way though. Even the rebellion of 1776 was over taxes, not freedom, unless you count freedom from high taxes..

Ancient Scottish rebellion? Resources as well.. One was trying to take from the other, as is always the case. Get over it.

Fight for freedom and rights, no. Fight for a lifestyle and the status quo? I'll buy that.

Of course I (and everyone I know) has sympathy for the idividual soldier, the actions of the military, the defence complex and the oil barons pulling the strings is a different story.

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)

Thursday, May 03, 2007 5:50 PM on j-body.org
I think it should also be said that you have bigger problems than the internet if you're basing your world view solely off an email rounder.

A for effort, D- for completion and follow-through.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 6:36 PM on j-body.org
Non of you that are breaking this post apart know what it is like over there do you.

My buddy just got back from Iraq 5 days ago. He has his whole HDD on his laptop full of pictures and videos from that hell hole, everthing said in this post is SPOT on for what is going on over there, well maybe not if your in the Army, or Navy, but as a marine, some of the @!#$ he had on video was a shocking resemblance to past wars, not to mention the first thing every one of those marines coming back said that this fight really is about freedom. Every single one of those insurgents was just trying to kill any American they could because they believe that allah sent them.

Picture this, a picture of 3 dead Marines, with a sign by them reading " for allah", then the video after that plays a sequence, in which about 20 marines are heavily firing upon a building and seeing a jet flying in from the horizon while 20 super ecited Marines start yelling "we're sending your ass to see allah you @!#$". Then a sequence of staying in heavy insugent territory in a blown up house with no running water for 4 days, 1 cantine full of water each day, and constant gunfire toward your location, yeah, 4 days no sleep.

You guys just dont have a clue what the @!#$ is about, and why? just because you dont like a certain president. Wow... you should be really proud of yourselves.

here add another one to the list

You sit at home and are so proud of yourself for making jokes about a president.

He comes home from a year of fighting for freedom, and reads about stupid @!#$ that think what he just went through is was wrong and un-called for.

Grow up and see this for what it is... Our sole existance... not for you to make up some stupid joke-fest and say you know everything about the world and how it works.

Better yet, go down to a local recruiting post and talk to a Marine who has been in action, and tell him how worthless this war is... and while your at it, be prepared to get a justified ass kicking.
Thursday, May 03, 2007 6:50 PM on j-body.org
^^ lol

Yeah, I don't know anything. I'm a jerk.

---

Thursday, May 03, 2007 6:59 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:You and me both Agustin.. you and me both...

Hold me?

Let's hug it out, b!tch.

---

Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:37 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:^^ lol

You obviously have no idea what is going on in Iraq.

You can try one of your bull @!#$ rants about how I am wrong or some crazy thing. But believing you over someone who has been in Iraq, shot at by insurgents, and actually experienced what is real, would be nothing short of Idiotic.

You go on with your alternate reality because thats your right, but dont be trying to tell soldiers who actually know the truth that they are wrong or doing somthing wrong. They know the world is better because of what they are doing.

But of course your know more than them, right? You sitting at your computer jacking off and watching the liberal news stations reporting how "wrong" this war is, so now your a genious.

Lets just call you General Augustin, because you know the world and the war like no one else.
Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:44 PM on j-body.org
I. The e-mail is a poem with a realistic touch of how bad things could get in Iraq and how good things can be here in the U.S
&
II. In order to win the war we most support our troops and show respect here in the United States and that's the point Blue 04 was trying to make.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:47 PM on j-body.org
I forgot...

HOOAH!

Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:49 PM on j-body.org
Rollinredcavi wrote:Non of you that are breaking this post apart know what it is like over there do you.

My buddy just got back from Iraq 5 days ago. He has his whole HDD on his laptop full of pictures and videos from that hell hole, everthing said in this post is SPOT on for what is going on over there, well maybe not if your in the Army, or Navy, but as a marine, some of the @!#$ he had on video was a shocking resemblance to past wars, not to mention the first thing every one of those marines coming back said that this fight really is about freedom. Every single one of those insurgents was just trying to kill any American they could because they believe that allah sent them.

Picture this, a picture of 3 dead Marines, with a sign by them reading " for allah", then the video after that plays a sequence, in which about 20 marines are heavily firing upon a building and seeing a jet flying in from the horizon while 20 super ecited Marines start yelling "we're sending your ass to see allah you @!#$". Then a sequence of staying in heavy insugent territory in a blown up house with no running water for 4 days, 1 cantine full of water each day, and constant gunfire toward your location, yeah, 4 days no sleep.

You guys just dont have a clue what the @!#$ is about, and why? just because you dont like a certain president. Wow... you should be really proud of yourselves.

here add another one to the list

You sit at home and are so proud of yourself for making jokes about a president.

He comes home from a year of fighting for freedom, and reads about stupid @!#$ that think what he just went through is was wrong and un-called for.

Grow up and see this for what it is... Our sole existance... not for you to make up some stupid joke-fest and say you know everything about the world and how it works.

Better yet, go down to a local recruiting post and talk to a Marine who has been in action, and tell him how worthless this war is... and while your at it, be prepared to get a justified ass kicking.

actually some of us know first hand exactly what being "over there" is like, some of us were there.

secondly if you actually payed some attention to detail you would know that Marine is spelled with a capital "M"

and just because, most won't remember this but here is the "caped M" made just for Saint (RIP) a few years back

Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:01 PM on j-body.org
RRC: If you take the time to read what I posted, you'd realise that the humour is to couch a disdain (at best) for ineptitude at the highest echelons.
I have nothing at all against a soldier that discharges their duty faithfully.

I have a serious problem when there is more planning going into the "liberation" of a country than there is to what to do afterwards. If you want to know why Iraq is such a fuc*king quagmire right now, you have to look at 3 people, and 3 people only: George W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, and Dick Cheney. They are responsible for acting without concrete knowledge of the situation in Iraq, and committing way too few forces to the battle (first) and the holding of (after) and reconstruction.

Look, I'll put it this way:
- Before Sept 11, 2001, Bush and most of the GOP hated the long-term nation building and peace-keeping missions that were the hall-mark of the Balkans, 91 Gulf war... etc. There was no interest in more than regime change (like long-term stabilization).
- After Sept 11, 2001 Bush wanted to find a way to pin the attack on Iraq, and couldn't because Osama Bin Laden and company took responsibility.
- After Afghanistan was invaded, Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld wanted to demonstrate the US's ability to fight a multi-front and multi-national war using the "new" military, which was made using the "transformation" initiative.
- Right after Sept 11, 2001, Rumsfeld and Cheney ordered CentCom Commander Gen. Anthony Zinni to draw up invasion plans for Iraq: Zinni said it was possible, but he'd need 3 divisions; 2 to attack, and secure the country, and one to secure and train a loyal military and police, as well as commence reconstruction. 350-400,000 troops. This was not good enough and despite exasperating pressure from Secretary of Defence Rumsfeld, the plan does not change at all when it is presented to White House staff. Zinni retires from Service, and leaves the plan with Gen Tommy Franks.
- Franks is encouraged to draw up a more streamlined and less troop intensive invasion plan for Iraq, and continues to prod Franks to reduce the numbers until the numbers of active troops are less than 100,000, and only 18,000 front line troops.

If you want the plain, and unadorned truth, I'll suggest 3 books, and if you want to get uptight about it, I posted the basic premises of the 3 above:
- Battle Ready Tom Clancy, Gen. Tony Zinni (Ret.), Tony Koltz
- American Soldier Tommy R Franks
- Cobra II Michael R Gordon

This isn't partisan BS, these are from the horse's mouth, and available declassified, and subpoenaed documents.

The soldiers are doing their duty, the President should be more concerned with doing the right thing instead of vulgar displays of power. Instead of telling me I'm an ass for deconstructing a BS piece of junk-mail and pointing out flaws in judgment, tone and even reality, why not read the FULL text of what I posted.

I believe that being beholden to the military is something that a President that has actually been in the active military (and MAYBE seen combat, instead of valiantly protecting the skies of Houston from Viet Cong) would know better. Trying to "send a message" is what kept Lynden Johnson and Richard Nixon in a really stupid and pointless war in Vietnam, and it's what's been keeping troops in Iraq.

The sooner you see that, the better prepared you'll be to take off the Rose-coloured glasses the GOP has on your face.

By the way, if you knew a blessed thing about what was happening over there before things happened: the only reason there are insurgents there in the FIRST PLACE is because there aren't enough troops to prevent this kind of thing happening. The Marines, Army, Navy, and Air Force that are over there at about half-strength needed to secure the country, and there's no interest in the international community to help out because Bush et al decided to go it alone with the UK. That's not a sleight on the troops, that's the rest of the world telling Bush to deal with the mess he made.

If you want to tell me about how things are over in Iraq, how's about you either:
- Crack a few dozen books, and take a couple Poli-sci University level courses, or
- Sign your ass up for the military and make a Bee-line to Iraq.

Until you do either of those, you're blowing smoke... I know I'm not in the military, but I have a lot better grasp on what was happening in Iraq before, during and after the invasion up until today. The only reason troops of all services are there in the first place is because of incompetance in the White House.

And BTW, Agustin is at least as informed as I am, so you might want to either catch up or shut up on this particular subject.

Not too many people here are against the troops, they're against continually idiotic policy that commits those troops to a fruitless battle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:13 PM

Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:19 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:I. The e-mail is a poem with a realistic touch of how bad things could get in Iraq and how good things can be here in the U.S
&
II. In order to win the war we most support our troops and show respect here in the United States and that's the point Blue 04 was trying to make.

Unless it was free verse, I don't follow the rhyming scheme But that is the point, overly melodramatic as it is.

In order to win the war, you need to make sure that the CIC knows what the hell is happening, and what is required to actually secure a country.

Either way, at this point, I don't see a real effort to get things done in Iraq... The troop surge is a nice push, but there are a lot more things that need to be done before things will get and stay better.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:20 PM on j-body.org
Rollinredcavi wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:^^ lol

You obviously have no idea what is going on in Iraq.

You can try one of your bull @!#$ rants about how I am wrong or some crazy thing. But believing you over someone who has been in Iraq, shot at by insurgents, and actually experienced what is real, would be nothing short of Idiotic.

You go on with your alternate reality because thats your right, but dont be trying to tell soldiers who actually know the truth that they are wrong or doing somthing wrong. They know the world is better because of what they are doing.

But of course your know more than them, right? You sitting at your computer jacking off and watching the liberal news stations reporting how "wrong" this war is, so now your a genious.

Lets just call you General Augustin, because you know the world and the war like no one else.

You're a freakin idiot. I've made many a posts detailing my knowledge of what is going on. I'm not going to repeat it to some a-hole who can't make out the world past liberal and conservative.

Your understanding of the situation...

Don't like Bush = Liberal = Troop Hater = Freedom Hater = Unpatriotic = Ignorant

Does that sum it up? Tell me, how DOES someone disagree with the war and not hate the troops in your eyes? Is that even possible, or are you completely f cking broken?

You roll into these forums like twice a month, call as many people "liberal" as you can, and split before you get an education. You never have any knowledge to add to any discussion. So why don't you just STFU, turn off Bill O'Reilly and read a book?

Here's my summary of Agustin (that's me in case you've stopped paying attention already)

Agustin = Voted for Bush = Registered Republican = History Major = Owner of 60+ history books = Grandson of Paratrooper = Best Friend to a Marine = Riding buddy of a Coast Guard Recruiter = Guy who PERSONALLY helped a friend enlist in the Navy just two months ago = Guy who bought Body Armour and sent it to Iraq = Guy with American Flag on display IN MY LIVING ROOM = Organizer of my towns biggest 4th of July block party.

I know what the hell is going on, I've talked to many guys who've come back and who've GONE back, who are my friends. You act like you're all on the inside track on this and you know it all. You don't know a damn thing. The difference between you and I is that I am smart enough not to draw conclusions from a few small samples of opinions.

---

Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:44 PM on j-body.org
Didn't mean to start any kind of debate. Yes I am aware of some of the falicies in this, but it still makes you think a little about what those guys and girls are going through out there. If may not be a fight directly for our freedom to do and say pretty much what we want, but indirectly it is. They volunteered to do what they do, and for that I commend every single one of them. While some of you can sit and type away at your computer and point out the bs in the email rounder or whatever you called it, others get up and fight for something that they may not agree with, but do it because they chose to serve their country. Why must there be people in the world that can't simply read something, and either post something positive or nothing at all. Some of the crap some of you spewed is completely unnecessary and uncalled for in this particlular thread. I didn't put this up for any kind of debate, just simply to show your support for the brave men and women who have given up some of the things that we take for granted.

Friday, May 04, 2007 4:46 AM on j-body.org
Welcome to the war forum. A thread is like a child, you may give birth to it, but you cannot completely control it. As it matures, chances are it will not do what you expected.

This is a debate forum, you had better get used to it.

The people they are now fighting are only there as a response to the US presence. There was never any real threat to the US lifestyle, except the price of oil would not be controlled by "friendlies"

Supporting the troops and supporting the war are two different things. I want to support them in the best way possible, see them return to their families. I don't wish ill upon anyone who has volenteered to serve their country and is over there as a result. It is a noble action that unfortunately has been exploited by power hungry war mongers.

Let's face it, Iraq was much less of a threat to the US BEFORE the invation.

They need an exit plan... Now... heck, 3 years ago. It cannot be done over night, will be quite complex but it has to be done. The fact is the current administration has no desire to get the job done. It's way more profitable to stay entrenched. Terrible abuse of power. Many young men and women are being killed because of it.

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Friday, May 04, 2007 8:44 AM on j-body.org
Blue: I understand what you're saying, but there are enough people that can see through the Rah-Rah there (and you have to admit, there's a lot in it) see the sentiment and realise, it's not all about the troops in that.

Some people (I'm one of them) can't see stuff like that, and not call it.

Either way, we all have posting priveleges, and what we say (content wise at least, assuming it conforms to TOS) doesn't have to conform to anyhting other than what's on your mind. Free speech sucks sometimes, eh?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search