VET rips down flag - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
VET rips down flag
Thursday, October 04, 2007 2:18 PM on j-body.org
go Mr. Veteran !!!!!!!!!!

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=6314

Re: VET rips down flag
Thursday, October 04, 2007 2:31 PM on j-body.org
any veteran and person in uniform would have been irked by this. there is only one flag that is flown higher than our flag... the divine services flag.

now, I might not have ripped it down, but I definitely would have taken it down.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, October 04, 2007 2:46 PM on j-body.org
^^^^agreed

Thursday, October 04, 2007 3:06 PM on j-body.org
FReQ Z (CDM Z24 coming soon!) wrote:any veteran and person in uniform would have been irked by this. there is only one flag that is flown higher than our flag... the divine services flag.

now, I might not have ripped it down, but I definitely would have taken it down.

Assuming you're on US soil.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, October 04, 2007 3:42 PM on j-body.org
im irked from it and im not in the service

respect our laws and flags or get the fark out , i wouldnt disrespect your laws and your flags if i was in someone else country

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 04, 2007 3:44 PM

Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:03 PM on j-body.org
That take balls, both the guy who ripped it down and the owner who was hanging the flag.
Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:18 PM on j-body.org
i like how they looked at him walkin away all in disbelief like they were thinking "que?"

Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:23 PM on j-body.org
My hero.

---

Thursday, October 04, 2007 5:47 PM on j-body.org
Gallant stand by this man but the Mexicans are slowly taking over the country anyway...

Bout time someone stands up for Americans

Thursday, October 04, 2007 7:02 PM on j-body.org
watch, tomorrow he will be charged with destruction of private property, and the now racially motivated act will be nationwide news

media will kill this one and justice will not get served properly

Thursday, October 04, 2007 8:53 PM on j-body.org
his radio interview

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=6332

Thursday, October 04, 2007 9:14 PM on j-body.org
that vet was stupid. its just a freaking flag, how does that affect his daily life? it doesnt. I honestly didnt see the point of him doing that, what did he accomplish? nothing, I hope he gets charged with destruction of private property , and some sort of assault charge or harrasment against those guys, since he did challenge them to fight him, while he was holding a knife

Thursday, October 04, 2007 10:51 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

that vet was stupid. its just a freaking flag, how does that affect his daily life? it doesnt. I honestly didnt see the point of him doing that, what did he accomplish? nothing, I hope he gets charged with destruction of private property , and some sort of assault charge or harrasment against those guys, since he did challenge them to fight him, while he was holding a knife

I disagree,

Im not american, and I am pro imigration, the simple fact of the matter is that it was against the law. Just like someone can make a "citizens arrest" this is the same thing. Obviously the guy went about it the wrong way but when he walked past those guys (twice) who apparently owned the bar, I didnt see him so much as look at them or antagonize them in any way.

You break the law you are just asking for someone with some balls to step in.

Oh yeah, and when he supposedly challenged them to fight him he was talking to the camera, as well he wasnt yelling it, those dudes probably didnt even hear him.

"Go Before Show Yo."
CARCUSTOMS.NET, THE BEST SERVICE ON THE ORG!!!
Thursday, October 04, 2007 11:24 PM on j-body.org
Orlandomon wrote:that vet was stupid. its just a freaking flag, how does that affect his daily life? it doesnt. I honestly didnt see the point of him doing that, what did he accomplish? nothing, I hope he gets charged with destruction of private property , and some sort of assault charge or harrasment against those guys, since he did challenge them to fight him, while he was holding a knife

it's JUST a flag?

ask anyone who has fought for this country if a flag other than the divine services flag flying above the U.S. flag "affects their daily life". better yet, walk into a VFW and tell them that it's just a "freaking flag".

Desert Tuners

Thursday, October 04, 2007 11:49 PM on j-body.org
Orlandomon wrote:that vet was stupid. its just a freaking flag, how does that affect his daily life? it doesnt. I honestly didnt see the point of him doing that, what did he accomplish? nothing, I hope he gets charged with destruction of private property , and some sort of assault charge or harrasment against those guys, since he did challenge them to fight him, while he was holding a knife

are you really that F'n stupid ?????????

go to some other country and do what he did , youll be lucky to live in some countries

Friday, October 05, 2007 8:42 AM on j-body.org
The funny thing is, the vet could have done much worse.

Considering the flag code--the laws that pertain to the flag, and the violations thereof, he could have reported the act as terrorists.

Still, i like his style.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, October 05, 2007 9:01 AM on j-body.org

Your profile makes me LOL-
Quote:

Favorite Quote: Ignorance and Arrogance go hand in hand.

Friday, October 05, 2007 9:13 AM on j-body.org

What did it accomplish? Well he probably single handedly started 10's of thousands of forum threads across the country and probably even more views of that video across the world.

---

Friday, October 05, 2007 9:15 AM on j-body.org
SPITfire wrote:Gallant stand by this man but the Mexicans are slowly taking over the country anyway...

Bout time someone stands up for Americans

Well tell your mommy to give you more brothers and sisters.

---

Friday, October 05, 2007 9:29 AM on j-body.org
well i can see why it would be wrong since its illegal.... its wrong because its against the law. But IMO that law kind of goes against our freedom of speech, I would have to research into it, but im almost positive it is violating at least one of our rights as human beings.

however, he did go about it the wrong way. he could have politely asked the owner to remove it, or at least bring it down. and explained to him that it was illegal, I bet u he didnt even know it was against the law. He might have just brought it down after he was aware that he was breaking the law.

while i do agree that breaking the law, is exactly that, breaking the law. and he does deserve some sort of punishment. I dont necessarily agree with the law, but im sure theres appropriate steps to challenge that law, which is what i would have done. but the vet completely went about the wrong way, and made him look just as ignorant as them.

btw, is it also illegal to fly a flag at the same level as the U.S. flag? i wouldnt think so cause ive seen it done in numerous places. im gonna look into it, and if it isnt against the law, im gonna fly the U.S., mexican, iranian, and russian flag right next to each other just to piss people off, hopefully ill get some psycho angry enough to come tear it down then I can press charges on him

Friday, October 05, 2007 9:32 AM on j-body.org
Ever heard the phrase "pick your fights", Orlandmon?

---

Friday, October 05, 2007 9:41 AM on j-body.org
The only place I know of where other flags are flown at the same level of the US flag while on US property is the UN, which, technically, is international territory, but all the country's flags are flown at the same level...

Orlandomon wrote:I bet u he didnt even know it was against the law. He might have just brought it down after he was aware that he was breaking the law.

In basic training you learn the flag laws...hell, I learned it in high school in JROTC...anybody with any military training knows the flag law...

Friday, October 05, 2007 10:01 AM on j-body.org
the mexicans didnt have military experience...........

as far as the pick your fights comment... im simply stating my opinion. no one is actually "fighting", well at least not me. yet, theres some people that take internet comments personal, which is stupid IMO. (im not referring to you agusting, or anyone in particular, just in general)

so it is illegal to fly them at the same height? hmm guess i cant do that. then again, i dont think its illegal to fly the mexican flag on its own

Friday, October 05, 2007 10:10 AM on j-body.org
I found this:

# When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace.

I guess this is only directed to when your in the middle of the ocean? ......or the U.N. headquarters?

wow I just read all the flag laws, and theyre just crazy. IMO theyre unnecessary, but i guess to some their flag is a big thing...........

Friday, October 05, 2007 10:14 AM on j-body.org
Orlandomon wrote:well i can see why it would be wrong since its illegal.... its wrong because its against the law. But IMO that law kind of goes against our freedom of speech, I would have to research into it, but im almost positive it is violating at least one of our rights as human beings.

not trying to be a d*ck, but do you not get it?

that flag is a symbol of our country. the guy is a vet, and probably has had friends, family and loved ones die for that symbol. it's out of respect for that symbol and this country that he did that. NOT because they were breaking some law.

Desert Tuners

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search