Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase - Page 22 - Sales and Group Purchase Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase
Monday, May 19, 2014 2:31 PM on j-body.org
Do you still have the 5/8" set available? Will they cause clearance issues with stock wheels and tires and stock suspension?

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:20 AM on j-body.org
Adam Cousins wrote:Do you still have the 5/8" set available? Will they cause clearance issues with stock wheels and tires and stock suspension?
5/8" set available and ready for shipment. You shouldn't have any clearance issues with stock wheels as far as the fender goes. However, these will only fit 15" and up wheels, and do not fit the donut, so you will want to pick up a full size spare or a donut from a newer VW (I believe they have ones that are 15" or even 16" for the bug).

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 11:58 AM on j-body.org
Mr. Quick wrote:
Adam Cousins wrote:Do you still have the 5/8" set available? Will they cause clearance issues with stock wheels and tires and stock suspension?
5/8" set available and ready for shipment. You shouldn't have any clearance issues with stock wheels as far as the fender goes. However, these will only fit 15" and up wheels, and do not fit the donut, so you will want to pick up a full size spare or a donut from a newer VW (I believe they have ones that are 15" or even 16" for the bug).

So in other words if you have the base 14" wheels, the brake swap won't fit?
Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:06 AM on j-body.org
^^ Correct. The bolt from the brakeline going into the caliper will hit the rim.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:19 AM on j-body.org
Well @!#$ on a stick. That means I'm going to be needing new rear wheels. Having a slightly bigger overall diameter with the rear compared to the front won't cause any issues right?
Friday, July 04, 2014 6:30 PM on j-body.org
interested in kit i have 2003 cavalier what do i need to do to get these?
Monday, July 07, 2014 6:01 AM on j-body.org
Dustin Bourque wrote:interested in kit i have 2003 cavalier what do i need to do to get these?
Pick your desired thickness, and send payment to me at sbeau1@metrocast.net
In the instruction field, put what thickness, and if you'd like the ebrake bracket or not (if you get calipers from a salvage yard, you may not need them, and some "loaded" calipers at parts stores will have them, some won't)

If you want the stainless brakelines, contact DSMskyline (he posted in this thread a few pages back, and his contact info is in his profile)

I have some kits ready to go in 3/8" thickness, 5/8" thickness, and 3/4" thickness.

You will need Neon rotors (SRT4 or base) and late 90's S-series Saturn calipers to go with my kit.

Pricing:

5/8" thickness $150 plus shipping
3/8" thickness $170 plus shipping
3/4" thickness $170 plus shipping
e-brake brackets. ($20 with kit, $25 shipped in US, $40 shipped to Canada)

shipping for the kits is $12 US, $20 Canada

Monday, July 07, 2014 4:13 PM on j-body.org
thank you will be sending money tomorrow just to be sure if i want the 5/8 thickness and the e brake brackets you need 190 american dollers?
Tuesday, July 08, 2014 4:31 AM on j-body.org
Dustin Bourque wrote:thank you will be sending money tomorrow just to be sure if i want the 5/8 thickness and the e brake brackets you need 190 american dollers?
That's correct!

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 4:27 PM on j-body.org
money sent
Friday, July 11, 2014 9:21 AM on j-body.org
really looking for some kind of update as to what is going on with my kit, if payment was received or not,

please let me know it has been several days with out response

Monday, July 14, 2014 5:53 AM on j-body.org
Dustin Bourque wrote:really looking for some kind of update as to what is going on with my kit, if payment was received or not,

please let me know it has been several days with out response
Dustin, I've emailed you three times so far. Have you not received any of them?

Your kit shipped out Saturday.

Monday, July 14, 2014 1:42 PM on j-body.org
oh sorry about that can you re send those emails to my newly updated pay pal email should be dustin.bourque.1990@gmail.com, also check your cleaning out the garage thread i was interested is some stuff on there
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:28 AM on j-body.org
Dustin Bourque wrote:oh sorry about that can you re send those emails to my newly updated pay pal email should be dustin.bourque.1990@gmail.com, also check your cleaning out the garage thread i was interested is some stuff on there
The emails were just telling you that I got the payment and I would be sending the parts out Satruday morning.

I wish I knew you wanted the mounts, too. I could have saved shipping on everything, as it all would have fit in a medium flat rate box.

It may end up being like 30-40 just for shipping for the mounts, because they won't fit in the small flat rate box.

Saturday, August 30, 2014 6:28 PM on j-body.org
Any 5/8" left?
Wednesday, September 03, 2014 7:15 PM on j-body.org
Any left? Not really picky on what thickness

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"
Thursday, September 04, 2014 5:52 AM on j-body.org
Cavalier Zzzz...24 wrote:Any left? Not really picky on what thickness
I've got a few of each size available for immediate shipment.

Friday, September 05, 2014 3:39 PM on j-body.org
PM sent.

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 4:48 AM on j-body.org
OK people, I hate to do this, but the cost of these is going up just a bit. My hardware cost just jumped significantly since the last order, and they're nickel & diming me with freight charges on top of the price increases. I'm checking out other vendors, but for now, this is how things look:

I have a few each of 3/8" and 5/8" thickness in stock, with hardware on the way. Plenty of e-brake brackets available.

New pricing:

5/8" thickness $160 plus shipping
3/8" thickness $180 plus shipping
e-brake brackets. ($20 with kit, $25 shipped in US, $40 shipped to Canada)

shipping for the kits is $12 US, $20 Canada

Payments can me sent so me at: sbeau1 (at) metrocast (dot) net
Put your JBO screen name and what you're ordering in the instruction field.

Sunday, November 02, 2014 9:43 AM on j-body.org
Will the Neon/Saturn set up fit under stock 15 inch steel wheels?

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Monday, November 10, 2014 6:44 AM on j-body.org
Blue2000cavalier wrote:Will the Neon/Saturn set up fit under stock 15 inch steel wheels?
I am not 100% sure, but I know that it won't clear 14's.

Unfortunately, I no longer have an axle or 15" J-body wheels to check it.

Monday, November 10, 2014 7:59 AM on j-body.org
Mr. Quick wrote:
Blue2000cavalier wrote:Will the Neon/Saturn set up fit under stock 15 inch steel wheels?
I am not 100% sure, but I know that it won't clear 14's.

Unfortunately, I no longer have an axle or 15" J-body wheels to check it.

I'll have to stop being lazy and do some research on my own then.

Once I get a word one way or another I'd order the brackets, stupid winter wheels having to fit.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Monday, November 10, 2014 7:27 PM on j-body.org
I had a few guys on the j-body Facebook group say the 15s work but not the 14s. Is what I remember being right.

Isn't the biggest deal if they don't I'd be collecting parts to do this swap next spring. But, It's nice to know I'll not need new winter wheels next season.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:35 AM on j-body.org
Blue2000cavalier wrote:I had a few guys on the j-body Facebook group say the 15s work but not the 14s. Is what I remember being right.

Isn't the biggest deal if they don't I'd be collecting parts to do this swap next spring. But, It's nice to know I'll not need new winter wheels next season.
Just to be sure, did the guys on the Facebook group have the Saturn swap with the redrilled rotors, or this swap with the Neon rotors? It's an important piece of info because the Neon rotors are a little larger diameter, so what clears one will not necessarily clear the other.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 6:15 AM on j-body.org
Mr. Quick wrote:
Blue2000cavalier wrote:I had a few guys on the j-body Facebook group say the 15s work but not the 14s. Is what I remember being right.

Just to be sure, did the guys on the Facebook group have the Saturn swap with the redrilled rotors, or this swap with the Neon rotors? It's an important piece of info because the Neon rotors are a little larger diameter, so what clears one will not necessarily clear the other.

A few guys came forward, some did not understand my question and had the other swaps, Full neon and 'full' Saturn. But out of that a couple did have the Saturn/neon swap and said they should fit. Worst case scenario I don't plan on doing the swap until next spring so the clearance issue will not matter until about year from now. By then I'd be a bit more willing to get 16 inch winter wheels and tires if needed.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search