Monday, November 26, 2012Last Seen:
Friday, March 6, 2020Email: email@example.com
1993 Pontiac Sunbird SE
About This Vehicle:
This Sunbird is 1 of only 14 Sunbird SE coupes built in 1993 in code 52 Yellow with a 3.1 V-6/5-speed (confirmed through Pontiac). In addition, only 10% of the Sunbirds built that year had tan interiors. So 10% of 14 makes this one VERY RARE bird indeed, maybe 1 of a kind.
Body Style: Coupe
Color: Code 52 Yellow
Engine: 3.1L V6 MPFI
Purchase Date: 10/30/92
Purchased From: Yoder Pontiac, Zelienople, PA
Build Date: 10/92
- Hypertech Thermomaster Chip
- 160 thermostat
- 3 angle valve job at 100K miles
- throttle position enhancer
- 2 1/2" custom mandrel-bent exhaust w/ no catalytic converter and Dynomax Turbo muffler
- cold air induction (via modified Z-24 hood and air intake)
- 62mm TB from FDP (via badz24.com Thanks Wes)
- Intake ported to match TB
- TB Heater Bypass
- JBP poly front mount
- Heavy-Duty Rear Shocks (to keep front end planted on drag strip)
- 215/60R15 Michelin Pilots
- 205/50R15 BFGoodrich G-Force Drag Radials for the track
- Heavy Duty front struts
- AutoMeter shift light with RPM activated module for consistant shifting in bracket racing
- '93 Z-24 fiberglass hood modified for direct cold-air induction
- painted to match body with WS6 "Ram Air" decals
- The stock AM/FM with cassette from the factory is pretty good. If you want real music roll down both windows and floor it.
- I finally toasted the original transaxle at about 145K miles so it was sent out to be completely rebuilt
- The new tranny was done so well that I toasted one of the original C-V joints so I replaced those as well
- I have broken the inner driver's side C-V joint & the broken the driver's side axle shaft (possible casting flaw) & the inner passenger's side C-V joint
- The future is almost now!
- Original engine is being replaced by a balanced & blueprinted 3.1 bored over .060" 3.24l/198 cu. in.(Silvolite skirt coated Hypereutectic pistons p/n 1496c / Hastings piston rings / ARP rod bolts / reconditioned stock crank and rods / Melling Hi-Vol oil pump )with a Crane 272 cam (shortblock built by Bailey Motor Sports of Sun Prairie WI)/2000 GM #25323971 injectors/rails/fpr.
- The shortblock is on the engine stand in my basement right now
- Ben from 60* will be porting the upper & lower MPFI intakes reworking the heads (new springs/valves/etc) and custom burning a chip for me.
- I am having a custom set of headers built for the car as well.
- I hope to have the new engine together and in the car by mid-summer.
- Hope for close to 200 HP at the crank and 1/4s in the mid-14s or better!