Switchbacks - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Switchbacks
Sunday, January 30, 2011 8:14 AM
Anyone use dual color LED's before?

3357 Dual Color LED

Re: Switchbacks
Monday, January 31, 2011 12:47 AM
Yup. I had them in my clear lenses. They are AWESOME. Alas - the white doesn't look right in smoked housings... it almost looked green when one of my clears got smashed out and I put my smoked lens in. So if you do get them, get clear lenses if you don't have them already.

But yeah - totally worth it! I got mine on eBay, but I know there are other places that sell em... a bit pricey, but they will def outlast your stock bulbs if you do the LED resistor wiring right or get a digital LED flasher... google it... not totally sure what they are called, but it replaces the turn signal flasher with a digital model to keep them from doing the fast flash.

These are the ugly ones in my opinion
These are the same style as mine and I think look better... but I am bias

----

Monday, January 31, 2011 12:49 AM
PS - I just checked YOUR Link - DAMN THOSE ARE EXPENSIVE!! That $40 tag is for 1 bulb dude... search ebay... i picked up a set for $20 including shipping

----

Monday, January 31, 2011 12:53 AM
Here is a set of 2 bulbs and the LED load resistors

(wow... I need to get a premium membership so I can edit... lol)

----

Monday, January 31, 2011 2:28 PM
Thanks for the help, ill definitely reference your info. Im probably gonna get the ebay projectors, but they come with smoked orange signals so ill get clears and ill still have an extra pair.

Also, is this a digital LED flasher?

Monday, January 31, 2011 3:40 PM
Yep - that's the LED flasher. Basically works fine with regular bulbs, but if one burns out, it won't blink faster. It compensates for the lower resistance offered by LEDs

----

Monday, January 31, 2011 3:51 PM
cool...Thanks a BUNCH
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 8:08 PM
kind of a noob question, but do you need anything else to run those bulbs? my turn signal bulbs are going and i wanted to look in to switchbacks

Rollin' on 16's*
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 7:30 AM
Jake DeHaven wrote:kind of a noob question, but do you need anything else to run those bulbs? my turn signal bulbs are going and i wanted to look in to switchbacks

Clear lenses are a must, otherwise they don't shine white. Other than the things listed on this page (led resistors or an LED flasher) they are plug and play.

----

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 8:12 AM
I've had these for almost 3 years. If you have a front dual bulb turn signal (3157 &194 bulbs) you will run into problems and the white will NOT turn on unless you remove the 194 bulb out. The problem here is the LED 3157 gives to much resistance to make both run correctly. LED relay will not work to fix this, much less the resistors. If you can avoid the resistors, do so and run the relay instead. Just a warning.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 8:38 AM
ok mine are clear so its all good... gotta give it a shot. Thanks for the help!

Rollin' on 16's*

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 5:05 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:I've had these for almost 3 years. If you have a front dual bulb turn signal (3157 &194 bulbs) you will run into problems and the white will NOT turn on unless you remove the 194 bulb out. The problem here is the LED 3157 gives to much resistance to make both run correctly. LED relay will not work to fix this, much less the resistors. If you can avoid the resistors, do so and run the relay instead. Just a warning.

^This^
Good catch Mr.Goodwrench-GT.

The 194 really doesnt do much except tell people on your sides if your signal is on, and as far as I know isn't required by law.

----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search