Trouble in paradise - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trouble in paradise
Saturday, March 05, 2011 12:45 PM
Today I had to unhook my battery. So, because I have yet to remove the stupid capacitors I have, I had to flip the breaker and drain them. I unhooked the positive cable, hooked it back up, then recharged the capacitors and turned the breaker back on. Car starts and runs great. But, my gauges will not work and my digital odometer is out. I tried completing the process again, but no luck. When I turn the key to on with the motor off, I get the theft light and the check engine light, the servo's don't move nor do they make the usual noises they do when I turn the key to on. Then when I start the engine everything goes out. Any ideas guys? I would really like to know how face I'm going, how much fuel I have left, and how hot the coolant is... Also I'd like to pass inspection when the time comes. Any help is appreciated.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Re: Trouble in paradise
Saturday, March 05, 2011 12:47 PM
Forgot to mention, when I turned the key on for the first time, I had my bluetooth scan tool plugged in to the OBD2 adapter so I could read the data on my phone. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it as I've done this before without the scan tool with no trouble.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Re: Trouble in paradise
Saturday, March 05, 2011 9:21 PM
Definitely had something to do with the bluetooth adapter. Maybe the passlock identified with my phone instead of the cluster when I turned it on for the first time after the reset? Anyway, I unhooked everything, let it sit for awhile and hooked it all back up and everything works fine....thank god.

So to everyone else using a scan tool or at least one attached to a droid phone: UNHOOK IT BEFORE YOU TURN THE KEY FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER A RESET!!!

It also messed up my phone a little. The system clock was totally wrong and some of the widgets weren't working right. Had to pull the battery on that too. (HTC evo)

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search