Need submissions for Domestic Driver Magazine! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need submissions for Domestic Driver Magazine!
Thursday, April 03, 2008 5:14 PM
We haven't even finished our Mar/Apr issue yet but are looking for subsmissions for our May/June issue. If you want to take advantage of this opportunity to show off your car in a different format then please submit asap. We are also looking for other types of submissions like How To's, Photoshops, Product Reviews, Club Insiders, Events, Wreckage, Videos, etc...

Subscriptions to the e-zine are free as well so what are you waiting for.

For more information on making a submission please go here http://www.domesticdriver.com/submit.html

Moderators if you have any problems with this post please contact me. The e-zine is completely free to subscribe and submit to so most forums do not have a problem with it.

Re: Need submissions for Domestic Driver Magazine!
Thursday, April 03, 2008 7:37 PM

do you need a feature? cant get pics of the car outside just yet but i have plenty from before when it was put away. and the turbo system is not completely installed for underhood pics... let me know.

Friday, April 04, 2008 7:00 AM
Wow, not to be a jerk.

But it amazes me how far this thing has wandered off course. This started as a j-body print magazine, when that really didn't fly.
You then switched it to an online j-body magazine, when that didn't really fly.
You then made (what I thought was) a magazine for domestic compacts...which I thought, and still think is a brilliant idea.

But now I see it's just another unoriginal splooge all over muscle cars magazine, that has some love for compacts sprinkled in. There are at least 50 or more magazines just like your current format.

...Boring.

I don't wish you any ill will, but you need to find your soul again and stick with just compacts and mid-sized domestics not Mustangs, F-body's and Vipers just to reel in more readers. I could understand if money was on the line, you'd need those readers to keep revenue flowing.
But if it's free no... why care? You may as well stick to your roots and concentrate on cornering a niche magazine that is at least an original idea. The J-body/compact idea may have bombed in paid print format, but could totally blow up as a free online concept.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Friday, April 04, 2008 8:25 AM
Please name magazines that are anything like ours that have such a variety as we do continually. At some point we just decided that we didn't want to be this little magazine just for Domestic Compacts as we weren't getting enough submissions or had as much interest as we do now. We don't nessecarily plan to stay online forever as we build advertisers and subscribers we may go back to print as well as online. Also since we went online we decided that we can make the issues as big as we get submission for to have enough of everything to make everyone happy. With our variety we also can reach new companies to advertise with us. At some point I do think we got such a variety that unless you like all Domestic Cars across the board lots of people like us but maybe not as many love us.

Jookycola - You might as well just wait until your car is ready so we can show your car of the way it should be.

Friday, April 04, 2008 10:04 AM
I might submit this month. swaped and dropped Gotta rep the 4 doors.
heres mine i have better res photos on my home pc.link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, April 04, 2008 10:16 AM

Friday, April 04, 2008 12:55 PM
seeing the preview of the latest month ive seen what they have now compared to what they started out as allot better. if you want to have a real magazine you can't pigion hole it to just one type unless that type has enough popularity and thats hard to do. not to mention it seems hard enough to get submissions as it is. im sure if they got allot more decens submission from sport compacts then they would have allot more love shown for them. but they can only work with what they are given.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, April 04, 2008 2:30 PM
Domestic Driver Magazine wrote:Jookycola - You might as well just wait until your car is ready so we can show your car of the way it should be.

I don't have "a car" (i.e. project) I want to show, I'm long out of that scene, you apparently mis-read me. Just pointing out that there are plenty of muscle car magazines out there, and plenty of sport compact (import) magazines. I just thought your original idea of a car magazine dedicated to showcasing domestic compacts was a better idea. Rather than sell out to get readership up. It's just my opinion your format is all over the place with no single focus. If your readership is up and that's all you were looking for to start with there's not a darn thing wrong with that. It's never been a lame magazine, i'd just prefer a more solid format rather than just running anything just to get readers.

I'm not ripping on you, it's just customer criticism. You've kept this thing afloat for a lot longer than many thought you would since the first day you came here suggesting a J-body magazine. So I give huge props to you for shutting those folks up. but if i was going to "pay" to read your magazine i'd prefer your original concept of including all domestic compacts. It was just my opinion, not any kind of insult, sorry if you took it that way. But suggestions good and bad sometimes can help.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Friday, April 04, 2008 3:12 PM
so what articles are you looking for? i can do a feature if you need one, just cant really do underhood pics at the moment.

Friday, April 04, 2008 8:42 PM
im still waiting to see when/if my article for Jason gets in. I may have one for David (WHITECAVY) that could go in the next issue.

Friday, April 04, 2008 10:05 PM
do you want or need any how tos for Js? im sure i could come up with something

Saturday, April 05, 2008 6:34 AM
Vincent Morris - When would you be able to take under the hood picture? We wouldn't want a Featuerd Ride submission unless you could give us those pictures too.

Adam - The article you wrote is being used the layout is done just waiting for our cover designer to send me the cover!!! Which might not be until next week now because he went away somewhere on us.

Saturday, April 05, 2008 5:03 PM
awesome. cant wait to see it.

Saturday, April 05, 2008 8:39 PM
Domestic Driver Magazine wrote:Vincent Morris - When would you be able to take under the hood picture? We wouldn't want a Featuerd Ride submission unless you could give us those pictures too.

Adam - The article you wrote is being used the layout is done just waiting for our cover designer to send me the cover!!! Which might not be until next week now because he went away somewhere on us.

kit should be done by the end of the month. waiting on charge pipes and fuel stuff and oil lines and it will be done. end of the month for sure.

Monday, April 07, 2008 10:36 AM
i just finished my 03+ cav swap im sure its not worth of coverage tho...?

5 seconds to find another street...

Monday, April 07, 2008 12:39 PM
Casper wrote:i just finished my 03+ cav swap im sure its not worth of coverage tho...?

might wanna get it 1 color first

Friday, May 09, 2008 9:58 AM
We really need Featured Ride submissions still for our May/June issue, if you have or know of anyone who has a great car that overall has a bunch of modifications to it let us know asap! Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 09, 2008 10:01 AM

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 10:13 AM
With the completion of the May/June 2008 issue we are in need of submissions for the July/August 2008 issue!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:00 AM
perfect.....just got the last of my pieces painted last night. and ill have good pics FINALLY this weekend. 2 yrs in the making

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:49 AM
Joey, are you submitting pics of the WAAAA ambulance??

I would like to see your finished product....I know that...how bout posting a sneak peak??

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:52 AM
John Benham wrote:Joey, are you submitting pics of the WAAAA ambulance??

I would like to see your finished product....I know that...how bout posting a sneak peak??

full res pics should be up friday or saturday...............if you're lucky

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:39 PM
do you want any write ups or how tos?

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:46 PM
ill try to get mine in as soon as i can, engine bay is all done, exterior should be done really soon again but i have pics of it already.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 3:28 PM
"write ups or how tos?" what do you have in mind?

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 10:37 PM
can i post for readers rides ?

Thursday, June 05, 2008 2:53 AM
Probably what modifications do you have?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search