To the mods!!!! - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
To the mods!!!!
Sunday, June 08, 2008 11:57 AM
I would really love to know who deleted all my LF posts that i posted in the Regional forums. i recieved this warning..........

You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Please do NOT spam the forums looking for parts. We have a classified section for a reason.
Expires: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:16 AM PT

I find it pretty @!#$ funny that i post looking for parts in the REGIONAL sections but yet everybody can sell all the @!#$ they want in the REGIONAL sections. I thought thats why "We have a classifieds section for a reason." So since i cannot post wanted ads. then nobody else should be able to post wanted ads or for sale ads in the Regional sections. as there not classifieds. so are you going to delete there posts to. it would only be fair. oh yeah. and also give them forum warnings as well. just so we can get the message through (ROLLS EYES)

now i would have used the "contact us" option. but the last few times i have tried that. nobody replied (go figure).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 08, 2008 11:59 AM

Re: To the mods!!!!
Sunday, June 08, 2008 12:31 PM
You can ask for parts, in YOUR regional forum, when you post in multiple regional forums then you need to use the classifieds. Allowing people to sell in the regionals has the stipulation that they DO NOT ship the parts they sell (local sales only). If it can be shipped, it goes in the classifieds, if it has to be picked up, it can go in YOUR regional forum. These are the rules.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, June 09, 2008 5:23 AM
I'd just like to add to what Ron said.

Note that there is technically no selling allowed in the regional forums either. Same rules apply there as apply to the rest of the forums.

The difference is that the moderation of the regional forums is mostly up to the whimsy of the moderators that frequent them. We tend to be pretty lapse about them since the regional forums get less traffic overall, and turning a blind eye can be beneficial to the members who are dealing locally with one another.

For my part, in my region I generally ignore them but don't allow bumping of sale posts and don't allow new people to post up things. I don't want people showing up only to use the region as a marketplace and don't tolerate spamming. Same goes for cross-posting as mentioned by Ron.

Basically, the regional forums tend to be a much more relaxed sandbox, but you still have to play nice.

If I recall correctly, there are some busy regions that don't allow selling at all. Ultimately, that's the rule so complaining about it will be of no benefit to anyone.

Monday, June 09, 2008 5:55 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:I'd just like to add to what Ron said.

Note that there is technically no selling allowed in the regional forums either. Same rules apply there as apply to the rest of the forums.

The difference is that the moderation of the regional forums is mostly up to the whimsy of the moderators that frequent them. We tend to be pretty lapse about them since the regional forums get less traffic overall, and turning a blind eye can be beneficial to the members who are dealing locally with one another.

For my part, in my region I generally ignore them but don't allow bumping of sale posts and don't allow new people to post up things. I don't want people showing up only to use the region as a marketplace and don't tolerate spamming. Same goes for cross-posting as mentioned by Ron.

Basically, the regional forums tend to be a much more relaxed sandbox, but you still have to play nice.

If I recall correctly, there are some busy regions that don't allow selling at all. Ultimately, that's the rule so complaining about it will be of no benefit to anyone.

yea seriously be grateful that you can even do that in your forum. the northeast forum is very strict on selling things but it helps keep things orginized in there.

Monday, June 09, 2008 7:22 AM
^^^and yet in other regional forums i see FS posts selling dvd's, xbox games, kitchen appliances, etc.

Monday, June 09, 2008 8:30 AM
^^^because North East was so clogged with sale posts you couldnt keep it straight

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Monday, June 09, 2008 8:56 AM
i certainly remember that, but check out the mid-east forum. I dont remember NE anywhere as bad as that is now

Monday, June 09, 2008 9:53 AM
gee , contact button is there for a reason

next time follow the rules , and quit being a dam cry baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, June 09, 2008 11:47 AM
have you ever tried using the contact button. i bet no. cause if you did. then you would know. that nobody will reply to it. im not the only person on this forum that has had that problem. and. Wild Weasle--- i am not anywhere near new. i have been here for 3 or more years.

Monday, June 09, 2008 12:01 PM
MID EAST for the win!

but on topic, the best way for everyone to understand the rules is for the mods to have enforce their own rules. They've already admitted to it... they do it how they see fit. some will allow one thing, when another will not. thats what causes the confusion.

what would be fantastic is to have a form to fill out that would become the post if your are selling something...

Monday, June 09, 2008 12:18 PM
i think all in the mid east forum will agree that we are quite fine with the way it is run. our regional forum is by far the busiest so any for sale posts drop off quickly and we dont have needless bumping or a new FS thread every few days by the same members like NE had.

Monday, June 09, 2008 12:42 PM
Wojo wrote:have you ever tried using the contact button. i bet no. cause if you did. then you would know. that nobody will reply to it. im not the only person on this forum that has had that problem. and. Wild Weasle--- i am not anywhere near new. i have been here for 3 or more years.

ive never had problem with the contact , but then im not asking idiotic questions , and crying cause my crap got deleted

if you have paid attention the 3 years you been here , you woulda known this kinda post is not allowed either , and im kinda surprised WW and shifted have left this open this long

so man up and quit crying like a little attention whore and get over it

Monday, June 09, 2008 1:05 PM
I Has Candy........you want? wrote:^^^and yet in other regional forums i see FS posts selling dvd's, xbox games, kitchen appliances, etc.

i certainly remember that, but check out the mid-east forum. I dont remember NE anywhere as bad as that is now

97 ^^^ thats what you call crying i agree with tabs mid east is is fine how it is. anything that had got out of hand was locked and people selling and looking for stuff was either fell of the page for no interest or sold. heck if we weren't aloud to post up "looking for" post i would of never found or bought the hood i now have. i do agree that if it gets out of hand step in until then just watch the little kids play. don't be so strict. do agree on cross-posting just gets people in trouble and conartist love doing it to.

btw joey who had appliances?

Monday, June 09, 2008 1:20 PM
(tabs) wrote:i think all in the mid east forum will agree that we are quite fine with the way it is run. our regional forum is by far the busiest so any for sale posts drop off quickly and we dont have needless bumping or a new FS thread every few days by the same members like NE had.
I agree.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, June 09, 2008 2:31 PM
and the contact us button sends a message straight to dave is what i was told.

Monday, June 09, 2008 3:15 PM
J.R.Thompson wrote:
I Has Candy........you want? wrote:^^^and yet in other regional forums i see FS posts selling dvd's, xbox games, kitchen appliances, etc.

97 ^^^ thats what you call crying i agree with tabs mid east is is fine how it is. anything that had got out of hand was locked and people selling and looking for stuff was either fell of the page for no interest or sold. heck if we weren't aloud to post up "looking for" post i would of never found or bought the hood i now have. i do agree that if it gets out of hand step in until then just watch the little kids play. don't be so strict. do agree on cross-posting just gets people in trouble and conartist love doing it to.

btw joey who had appliances?

i was referring to the OP for crying about the mods deleting his posts and coming here and crying about it and his warning he got

ive got no problem with forsale posts in the regions , im all for it since it helps save on i got screwed over posts , and i understand that some regions have lost that privilege from abuse , which is in daves/mods rights to do

Monday, June 09, 2008 6:17 PM
Shifted wrote:You can ask for parts, in YOUR regional forum, when you post in multiple regional forums then you need to use the classifieds. Allowing people to sell in the regionals has the stipulation that they DO NOT ship the parts they sell (local sales only). If it can be shipped, it goes in the classifieds, if it has to be picked up, it can go in YOUR regional forum. These are the rules.

In Wojo's defense.... when all posts in the regional forum can fit on 2 pages....

One forum, I can see a bit of tolerance. All forums, yeah, not so much. On the other hand, make an exception for one, and have to make an exception for all.

But, I hate to say it, I agree. Need to "broaden your horizons," then time to use the classifieds.

Monday, June 09, 2008 7:42 PM
jesus, the dude lives in montana, nobody goes into that regional forum!

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search