LT1 + 6 speed in cavalier - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Re: LT1 + 6 speed in cavalier
Monday, July 21, 2008 2:10 PM
ok

Monday, July 21, 2008 2:30 PM
sounds like the same BS questions people ask on here

Monday, July 21, 2008 2:36 PM
Funny, and that was that guys first post on that site too- who would have seen that coming?

I dont understand how kids nowadays expect to get spoon-fed all the info to build a car (from people who havent even done it) , and think that is the hard part. If someone cant figure out how to do it themselves (whats needed, how to fabricate etc.) it very likely isnt a good idea for said person to be doing any of those modifications. There are a ton of things that will need to be researched and figured out but that is done by searching rather than being lazy and trying to get other people to do the research for you- by this i mean dont ask for a list of parts and modifications, but rather have most things figured out, then ask specific questions when you are really stuck.

BTW as an aside, i havent heard of any 4.0L northstars in cavaliers, is there by chance a link to said car?
From all i have heard noone else had done one yet, and mine is a 4.6

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Monday, July 21, 2008 2:42 PM
it'll never happen, do it and prove us wrong

oh wait. this is JBO

Monday, July 21, 2008 6:17 PM
this threads funny cause me and my buddy just swapped a lt1 6 speed in his v6 camaro

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:04 AM
Quote:

A have a friend that put an LT1 engine in a Pontiac feiro, and that little fcker iS FASSTT goes over 200mph... 8second car

So what do you thinkk?

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:16 AM
who gives a @!#$ really? this is the same @!#$ as usual. so and so can do the work for next to nothing because his brothers uncles neighbors cousin has a shop. said person will need detailed and complete instructions to do the swap because they have no @!#$ clue what their doing. said person will scratch their head wondering what the @!#$ they are doing and will scrap the idea once they find out no one will give them detailed instructions. said person will then go on a rant bashing everyone because they cant figure @!#$ out for themselves.

hmmmm..... sounds like 90% of the org

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:42 PM
Problem is, people don't exactly offer insight on the .org. Someone asks a strange question like this and wants ideas on how to do it, and it gets shot down in a 14-page flame-a-thon thread with everyone on the .org saying it is a waste of time cause it is a Cavalier . . . Yet this is a dedication sight for the Cavalier . . . Kinda throws off new members.

With the logic here, you have to be a master technician and body work expert to do anything to your car. The whole concept of this place is for people to meet, swap ideas, give answers, etc. Yet if someone doesn't know what their doing, it becomes a war by the Cavalier master of the worlds, and told their car sucks . . . by people that have modded their Cavalier more then them . . . Makes no sense honestly . . .

Just my opinion . . .
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:39 PM
^^^^^ i totally agree with ya, i remember when every body hated on just putting a v8 in a cavalier. Then 1997ztwo4 came along and all of a sudden it was nothing but praise instead of hate. It does take a lot of talent and knowledge, so far 1997ztwo4 is the only one i know that has managed to make a streetable v8 cavy.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:31 PM
Drag it to death wrote:^^^^^ i totally agree with ya, i remember when every body hated on just putting a v8 in a cavalier. Then 1997ztwo4 came along and all of a sudden it was nothing but praise instead of hate. It does take a lot of talent and knowledge, so far 1997ztwo4 is the only one i know that has managed to make a streetable v8 cavy.

your sig is pretty big there... looks to be over the size limit... you may want to consider to shrink it down

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:38 AM
Exodus 259 wrote:Problem is, people don't exactly offer insight on the .org. Someone asks a strange question like this and wants ideas on how to do it, and it gets shot down in a 14-page flame-a-thon thread with everyone on the .org saying it is a waste of time cause it is a Cavalier . . . Yet this is a dedication sight for the Cavalier . . . Kinda throws off new members.

With the logic here, you have to be a master technician and body work expert to do anything to your car. The whole concept of this place is for people to meet, swap ideas, give answers, etc. Yet if someone doesn't know what their doing, it becomes a war by the Cavalier master of the worlds, and told their car sucks . . . by people that have modded their Cavalier more then them . . . Makes no sense honestly . . .

Just my opinion . . .

do you have any idea what it takes to do a swap like this? do you know anyone that has done it? its not something you can write a sticky on. sure people on here mod their cars but when your asking for something like this your already doomed. point is if you want to do it thats fine. if your coming on here asking where to beging, your already in the hole. its not something someone can give you a write up on.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:39 AM
and to add to that, its always someone with zero know-how that claims they're gonna do it. If you have to ask where to start or how to do it, you're obviously not in a position to complete the task.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:51 AM
As for asking this question 1,000,000,000,000,000 times, it is getting rather old. The reason why people here start pissing and complaining about these types of swaps is that people will always ask, say it can be done, and then it is never heard of again, until someone else makes mention of wanting to attempt this.

Yes, the swap is possible. There are RWD cavaliers, but it is a tube chassis w/ a Cavalier body slapped over it. Yes, people here have done some amazing swaps. The Northstar V8, 3800 series s/c, 3800 series t/c. Those people did not sit around the computer, just asking if it was possible, they got their wrenches, torches, and what not together, and started to build. To those who have completed such swaps, they then are able to share the knowledge of performing such a task. Hell, even the people who just do insane builds on the Ecotec, LD9, LN2, or whatever they are running, did not ask a ton of questions all the time, they got to it.

In short, something like this, it IS possible, but who would want to basically turn their car into something like this, and REALLY want to spend the money on a swap like this?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:18 AM
also not to mention if people did do this they my not wanna give the info out. i know if i did this and i was like 1 of 2 people to ever do it, im not gonna sit on here and tell people step by step on how to do it. yea i may help here for there but im not gonna tell them how to do it. they did it to be different. they dont want 25 people now doing the same thing.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:37 AM
Everyone is trying to do the v8 swap in a J car.....i said @!#$ that, i did the 2.2ohv swap in a Firebird.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:06 AM
i love the part if a northstar fits then an LT1 will fit well yes and no the LT1 is a bit longer then a northstar not as bulky on top but year i vote BS

someone should try an swap a LT1 with a FWD

its one of those things tho everyone swaps this different like my 3800 i haven't seen 1 other swap use the lower mounts that i did uppers are close but lowers i haven't seen it

JBO since July 30, 2001
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:18 AM
JBO Chat User: SpeedlineZ wrote:your sig is pretty big there... looks to be over the size limit... you may want to consider to shrink it down

pot meet kettle

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:32 AM
J03Y wrote:
JBO Chat User: SpeedlineZ wrote:your sig is pretty big there... looks to be over the size limit... you may want to consider to shrink it down

pot meet kettle

que?

----

Looks good to me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:33 AM
Attachments
sigsafesize.JPG (146k)

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:35 AM
BS, you changed it

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:44 AM

Looks good here too...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:45 AM
Attachments
sigsafesize2.JPG (96k)

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:08 PM
If you have to ask "Can it be done?", then there is a 95% chance you cannot do it. PJ didnt post question after question about the LS61 hybrid. 1997ztwo4 didnt post asking what had to be done to fit a northstar in. They just did it. Thats how these swaps get done. Either a screw comes loose or you follow through on a drunking whim. Anything can be done, its just who is crazy enough to do it. You dont see me posting up questions about a LE61/Harrop swap.

Ooopppsss.......Shhhhhhhh. Thats gonna be a surprise.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:24 PM
Tinkles wrote:If you have to ask "Can it be done?", then there is a 95% chance you cannot do it. PJ didnt post question after question about the LS61 hybrid. 1997ztwo4 didnt post asking what had to be done to fit a northstar in. They just did it. Thats how these swaps get done. Either a screw comes loose or you follow through on a drunking whim. Anything can be done, its just who is crazy enough to do it. You dont see me posting up questions about a LE61/Harrop swap.

Ooopppsss.......Shhhhhhhh. Thats gonna be a surprise.

QFT.

I wont discourage anyone from doing something they are capable of, but i also have to assume these people plan to drive these cars on the street. If i have to step by step explain how it is to be done i certainly dont feel confident enough in there skills to have any part in them hurting an innocent person when there vehicle doesnt stand up to road use. I would feel absolutely horrible if someone used my advice (without proper skills) and injured/killed someone when there car fell apart at the wrong time.

This isnt just stuffing an engine in a car we are talking about, this is re-engineering a car from front to rear- and there is absolutely no way any one can write a detailed enough description to make that happen in a safe manner, let alone set your welder and guide your hand all from a keyboard many miles away.

So dont start into the "noone will offer insight or ideas" or everyone will just flame you crap, this is actually peoples safety we are talking about here.

From- NOTa2-4

"i love the part if a northstar fits then an LT1 will fit well yes and no the LT1 is a bit longer then a northstar not as bulky on top but year i vote BS

someone should try an swap a LT1 with a FWD"

It doesnt fit The engine bay has been "resized" and heavily built

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:51 AM
i didn't know you resized it i saw it on JCO i thought you just made her nice and smooth, good to know but what you said there about makeing a detail description i agree its almost impossible and if you did it would take the swap probably 10X longer if you have to stop and write things down. basicly when doin any swap i would say 3800 or bigger accually maybe even 3400 or bigger you just have to go at it research what you can but still some things you need to do on your own

JBO since July 30, 2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search