Can someone updated the front page? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Can someone updated the front page?
Tuesday, September 09, 2008 5:32 PM
yes readers rides .. kinda like the back of magazines would be nice

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 6:00 PM
AZ24Ncav wrote:yes readers rides .. kinda like the back of magazines would be nice
Like in JBO's first iteration.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:14 PM
damn we got nothing

Sunday, October 05, 2008 9:51 AM
and.... still nothing

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Sunday, October 05, 2008 9:56 AM
its definitely time for a change.

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Sunday, October 05, 2008 11:01 AM
Maybe we could even move the memorial down and move the news up? Something as simple as that would be good I think...

And then we just need to get some more news posted...

Friday, October 10, 2008 9:05 PM
Who's cars are those at the top of the home page?

Friday, October 10, 2008 9:13 PM
rkm1989 wrote:Who's cars are those at the top of the home page?

They're GM Concept Cars.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, October 10, 2008 9:39 PM
[quote=BoltZ DesignZ™]
rkm1989 wrote:Who's cars are those at the top of the home page?

They're GM Concept Cars.

Ah.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:19 PM
I think remove the concept car/cars and use a small pic of all three generations to show the multiple change of the jbody for those who may own a old school ride like myself or the newer body styles as the platform changed.That's what I would like to see change.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:40 AM
im just amazed this many people actually look at the home page

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:05 AM
most people probably don't anymore because it hasn't changed.

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:19 AM
JHand wrote:most people probably don't anymore because it hasn't changed.

Maybe if it changed... more people would...

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:17 PM

New and fresh....!
More cars on it...!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:09 PM
somthing needs to happen with it

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:15 PM
I agree, i think it would be cool if like every week someone had the car on the main page possibly. Just an idea throwing it out there.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:55 PM
or pictures from local meets?

Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:54 AM
Hell even change the color. I'm getting sick of blue. Lets see some red. And not to be disrespectful but I think it is time for the memorial to come down. We've got to let go sometime. Again I mean no disrespect but It's been up for over 2 years and thats more than long enough. If you want a permant memorial be fair and make it out to all of the soldiers we lost. I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only J enthusiast either. Again no disrespect meant but I really don't need to be reminded of the war every time I log onto this car site.

The Outlaw
98 Pontiac Sunfire (Christine)
2200 5spd
Red with Black racing stripes.

Don't let the punks get to you. If they can't say anything helpful its because they probably
have VERY LITTLE IF ANY MECHANICAL SKILLS . Talking crap is just their way of hiding that
fact. They figure the more crap they say the less likley anyone will know how dumb they are.
Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:27 PM
So here's the deal...

I can only assume that everyone that posted in this thread wants to help. There are several sections on the homepage that you can update/post to. I myself simply do not have the time to search out and post things all the time. Note that anything you post will need to be approved, so feel free to PM me once you post anything, just to make sure I catch it right away.

- If you have any news that is fit for the homepage, post it! If you aren't sure, just email or PM me about it, and I can post it.

- The events calendar is blank. If you know of an upcoming car show or race, that would appeal to those on this site, post it. If you do, though, be as detailed as possible about it in the description, and if there is a web site about the event, it would be most beneficial to provide it. And of course, since people from Timbuktu will also be seeing the event, don't put some cryptic location that only people within a 10 mile radius would know - location should always be a CITY and STATE/PROVINCE!

I'd like to have a car of the week/month sort of thing. Obviously something like that will always turn into a popularity contest sort of thing, so it will be necessary to have some strict rules and guidelines for it. I've actually been thinking of this for years now, and I suppose its going to happen.

I have a few other ideas that may eventually find their way on the homepage. One is a list of birthdays (it would be an opt-in list). Another idea I had was a random rides/gallery section. I don't have any specifics to that, just an idea so far.

As for design, I've gotten somewhat tired of the overall layout of the site. I don't have any ideas yet of how to change it. If you happen to be a designer, and want to help, just let me know.

And last but not least, the memorial has been removed. It was posted on July 21, 2006, so I figure 2 years is long enough.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:43 PM
I like the random rides gallery section idea. That would be more fair than car of the month because evryone would have an equal shot at making the front page. As far as the layout goes I like it. Just bored of the color. I would just suggest changing it to something brighter like red or something or maybe do a Red, White , and Blue color scheme in honor of all the soldiers. Thank you for takeing time to listen to us complain and for giving us a great site to hang out on.

The Outlaw
98 Pontiac Sunfire (Christine)
2200 5spd
Red with Black racing stripes.

Don't let the punks get to you. If they can't say anything helpful its because they probably
have VERY LITTLE IF ANY MECHANICAL SKILLS . Talking crap is just their way of hiding that
fact. They figure the more crap they say the less likley anyone will know how dumb they are.
Sunday, October 19, 2008 2:17 AM
A Random Ride widget on the home page totally owns the Car of the month idea. Car of the month was a huge bitchfest back in the day. Have a random rotating profile window would allow everyone to eventually get their shot and eliminates cat fights.

I also think the JBO at it's core should be always be a j-body site but the home page news could be more GM/automotive based news...not exactly all j-body. This site already is more than just cavaliers. I get a lot of my automotive news from this site already, it's like digg.com for auto news. That may end up to be JBO's future.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Monday, October 20, 2008 5:35 PM
I was going to post in here again and say the readers ride section should be a random thing. Let the site (not the people), but a program or something pick it, so the gallery would totally rock out!!!
I never knew we could post news on the front page. I knew we could post shows etc.... in the calendar, but not news.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:51 PM
ya over on naioa.com when you log it it just shows random rides out of peoples profiles

Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:03 PM
Over at DesertTuners.com until our themed halloween page went up we have a section for randon rides. There were 4 different pictures of cars on the front page everytime we refreshed or loaded. I think something like that could be done. Or have a single album that people can submitt a picture to and have that one album randomize on the front page....just a thought...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:04 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search