I might be Getting a new[erish] car!!! - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I might be Getting a new[erish] car!!!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:55 PM
if i were you id just drive what you have and save up for something better, that is more of a lateral movement than an upgrade IMO,
and like everyone else has already stated, 5 grand, way too much

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 8:51 PM
Matt W wrote:if i were you id just drive what you have and save up for something better, that is more of a lateral movement than an upgrade IMO,
and like everyone else has already stated, 5 grand, way too much

buying the sunfire is a lateral movement?
or buying the cobalt with no options on it is a lateral movement?

i dissagree tho.
a 2200 motor car with a 3 speed. thats only getting 16 mpg for a reason IDK.
and something needing replacement/fixed on it all the time [ie: waterpump, sticking valve due to overheat - belt fell off while driving, car keeps overheating for no reason i can find......]
plus all the damage on it from the accident it mine was in.
i think my car is a loss.

anything at this point would be an upgrade.
plus the sunfire has the ECOtec, a 4speed auto. gets better gas milage than 16-17mpg
its newer. sunfire has better/more options on it than mine. also has no rust/damage CURRENTLY on it.
[i know, it WAS damaged before.]

the cobalt however, altho it will have the same, no options, as my cavalier did. [ie: crank windows, no sunroof, manual locks...]
this will be an upgrade as well. it has the same ECOtec motor as does the Sunfire, same 4 speed automatic.
[also since its a new car, could get 5speed] also it gets better gas milage. its NEW so no miles on it, till i get it. also no rust, everything is new on it. it has a warrentee.

both ways i see an upgrade. but now im leaning more towards the cobalt.
[still thinking about that nice DVD player and those subs i could never afford in the Fire tho! lol]

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 9:45 PM
so he'd want 4500 for a bone stock sunfire that's been blasted in the front, when you can get a clean, undamaged one for, what did i say before, like $4300? all im sayin is, there could be problems in the future... whatever you decide to do, be careful.

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 2:59 AM
well since he pretty much tore off the front end, i wouldnt give him more than 3 tops for the car

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 5:43 AM
how many people need to tell you what to do before you actually take the advice?

either way, neither car is an upgrade. econo-box is econo-box.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:30 PM
Since i sold my boosted sunfire, i now have a stock 2008 cobalt and it's the best investment i've made. You have a nice warranty and you have nothing to worry about with the GM onstar system as well as xm radio that comes in all Cobalts now. Of course i didn't buy this car to do any mods, this is my beater and another J will be coming soon for a fun car.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:10 AM
JM Graphics / The Sticker Guy! wrote:Since i sold my boosted sunfire, i now have a stock 2008 cobalt and it's the best investment i've made. You have a nice warranty and you have nothing to worry about with the GM onstar system as well as xm radio that comes in all Cobalts now. Of course i didn't buy this car to do any mods, this is my beater and another J will be coming soon for a fun car.

tell me about it. have a reliable car that has a warranty is great. i dont have to worry about anything.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:22 PM
Why spend 5k on a pile... and why stick with gm?
Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:37 PM
Ashley o wrote:Why spend 5k on a pile... and why stick with gm?

if u dont like GM or j-body's GTFO of here!

and get some info on your page if you wanna be here, damn!

Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:49 PM
ChevyBoi89 wrote:

if u dont like GM or j-body's GTFO of here!

and get some info on your page if you wanna be here, damn!

First of all the correct term is "you" not "u", second of all I have no problem with GM, I was simply offering the suggestion that there are a plethora of quality cars around for your price range and you would rather buy a car that SHOULD have a salvage title. Now I understand buying cars off friends may seem appealing at first, but what happens down the line when something goes wrong (possibly due to the fact that it was in a accident...) what do you do? Do you complain to your friend? Do you front the cost of the repairs? Problem 1, that is supposing you get his car (which is used), say you do not, what is your logic for buying a base model cobalt? I'm serious, do you want it simply because it is the new cav? If so do some serious thinking, you need to open up to other cars and see what is out there, GM tunnel vision is never good, is your friend selling his jbody to buy another jbody or is he buying a different car?

That's all I have to say about that, since you felt the need to attack only me for pretty much saying what everyone else has told you, now I don't see why it matters to you what info I have on my page, being the internet I can release all the information or withhold all the information I choose to and simply because you want to e-thug me does not mean that I will change that. Seriously... reality check...
Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:56 PM
Frigg man, Go for the 'balt

Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:24 PM
Ashley, do you really think anyone read that novel?

Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:31 PM
gotta do what you gotta do, I feel like I made fair points, but hey in the end people will do what they want, no sweat off my back
Friday, January 16, 2009 1:20 AM

sounds like u dont like GM or J-Bodies, thats all im saying.

Ashley o wrote: irst of all the correct term is "you" not "u", second of all I have no problem with GM, I was simply offering the suggestion that there are a plethora of quality cars around for your price range and you would rather buy a car that SHOULD have a salvage title. Now I understand buying cars off friends may seem appealing at first, but what happens down the line when something goes wrong (possibly due to the fact that it was in a accident...) what do you do? Do you complain to your friend? Do you front the cost of the repairs? Problem 1, that is supposing you get his car (which is used), say you do not, what is your logic for buying a base model cobalt? I'm serious, do you want it simply because it is the new cav? If so do some serious thinking, you need to open up to other cars and see what is out there, GM tunnel vision is never good, is your friend selling his jbody to buy another jbody or is he buying a different car?

That's all I have to say about that, since you felt the need to attack only me for pretty much saying what everyone else has told you, now I don't see why it matters to you what info I have on my page, being the internet I can release all the information or withhold all the information I choose to and simply because you want to e-thug me does not mean that I will change that. Seriously... reality check...

and for all u who tell me how to spell, u gonna have to live with it for the most part. im not writing an english paper...i cant help it

no, i would not complain to my friend. but the car is structurally sound. even tho all front parts were replaced, no damage to frame, axels, steering etc.

and what is my logic on buying a base model cobalt???
well it has ECOtec motor. better than my engine.
new car, warranted, no damage, nothing broken.
ummm, do u not see the logic?

...who cares if its a base model...my cav rite now is.
who needs power windows, sunroofs, alarm....@!#$ that!

as for GM tunnel vision.
i have only drove Chevy cars. so has my dad and his dad.
i never really liked any other brand. and i know they make many cars.
but i picked the Cobalt because, no it is not the "new cav" it os nothing like the cavalier at all.
do some research on it. i picked it because its not super small like the aveo and the cobalt has a lil bit more performance than the aveo. there r also bigger cars made by GM, they are also more expensive. which i dont wanna pay any more.
and i dont want a bigger car and or bigger engine vehicle. i like the four cylinder scene..

and no, my friend is not selling his J-body for another J-Body.
he is selling it for money. ...a few years ago his dad died of cancer.
his mom is out of work for good due to disabilities. [something happened to her at work]
she getting money from workers comp or however it works. but she not make enough money.
so, my friend basically supports his whole family. hes only 18, as i am.
he owns a wood shop his dad used to. he aint making much money. economy, and sales going way down.
he pays work bills, fams house bills, car payments on hi work truck, buys the food, all this stuff. and he needs the money, so he is selling his car for cash. also, when his dad was dead, he was in about 100,000$ debt, and he didnt have life insurance. he got nothing....

....i know, someone gonna flame him for having sound system, rims, tint....but he got that before his dad died.

lastly, im not an e-thug. im just saying. u could use some info on your page. ...at least what u drive.
if you dont wanna display any info, how can people help u, when u have a question.

but now i know no one thinks that sunfire is a deal. i will prolly get the cobalt.
....if i can. lol. parents still havent talked to each other about it. i talked to my mom, and she said she would front me the cash and i can pay her back as i get paid. but my dad is telling me that i gotta keep the crapalier till im done wit college.

but if i get any new car it will be the base model cobalt.

Friday, January 16, 2009 1:24 AM

J03Y Esquire wrote:how many people need to tell you what to do before you actually take the advice?

either way, neither car is an upgrade. econo-box is econo-box.

if u knew the condition of my car, u would know anything is an upgrade!

JM Graphics / The Sticker Guy! wrote:Since i sold my boosted sunfire, i now have a stock 2008 cobalt and it's the best investment i've made. You have a nice warranty and you have nothing to worry about with the GM onstar system as well as xm radio that comes in all Cobalts now. Of course i didn't buy this car to do any mods, this is my beater and another J will be coming soon for a fun car.

if i got the cobalt, it would be my mod car tho. untill i get out of skool, and get a real job, and can afford to buy anotther J-Body. and start seriously modding that!

AWD GS wrote: tell me about it. have a reliable car that has a warranty is great. i dont have to worry about anything.

thats y i want the cobalt

Friday, January 16, 2009 3:03 AM
then get a cobalt, their cheap as @!#$.

Friday, January 16, 2009 6:33 AM
Well if it's the fact that you want to stay within the family then do so, I could see why someone would want to ignore other cars in favor of trusting GM in a blind faith, I guess, but how is the cobalt not the new cav? Not only did it replace the cav but it is now GM's low priced entry level car.... much like the cav was, it is a FF layout, much like the cav, and is a entry level I4.... sounds like a cav.

Also does it have to be a new (2009) cobalt? Could you not get a used one and in turn get some options... I mean manual windows... besides telling people it's weight reduction.. it's no good....

Go nuts...
Friday, January 16, 2009 2:19 PM
Ashley o wrote:Well if it's the fact that you want to stay within the family then do so, I could see why someone would want to ignore other cars in favor of trusting GM in a blind faith, I guess, but how is the cobalt not the new cav? Not only did it replace the cav but it is now GM's low priced entry level car.... much like the cav was, it is a FF layout, much like the cav, and is a entry level I4.... sounds like a cav.

Also does it have to be a new (2009) cobalt? Could you not get a used one and in turn get some options... I mean manual windows... besides telling people it's weight reduction.. it's no good....

Go nuts...

go to CobaltSS.net and tel them its the new cavalier. lol.
yes, same 4cyl type car offered in coupe and sedan. and everything.
cheap econo box, too.
but frame wayyyyy diff. its not even a J-Body....
car is idk exact numbers, but frame is over 100% more strong/rigid than the cav.
some other things too. idk much info. but i know its not a redone cav.

no it does not have to be a new 2009 Cobalt either.
it can be a 2008 with no milage from a previous owner also.

i [my fam included] will not buy a used car, unless we know the person.
because if you know that person, u know the condition of the vehicle better, how they drove it, you are more likely [in most cases, obviously not with this sunfire, but...] to get a deal on the car and not be ripped off. and my fam has had bad luck with other used cars. so thats why i am going new.

im a basic person. i do not need power windows, power locks, remote start....
those are just more things on a car to break as it gets older/wears out.
my cav doesnt have all that stuff in it now, nor does my new one.
but yes, options r nice, they are convinent, but r they nececary? no.
especially to me. i dont need all that extra crap.

just my logic. how i am i guess.
but i dont see why people NEED things like that.
i mean come on, are people that lazy?
that they cant ROLL a window down anymore?
they cant Push a button to lock there door?
or they cant unlock there car using a key?

but it will be my car anyways.
so im gonna keep it basic.
no power options for me.
all i need is A/C
the armrest [for people that dont know, the center console/armrest
only comes in the higher model basic balt]
foglights.
and rear spoiler delete option.

plus buying new will be able to give me the option to add and delete things i do/dont need.
when i look at a used one, im stuck with options it has.

Friday, January 16, 2009 3:50 PM
Actually the Cobalt DID replace the Cavalier,Delta platform, we all know that,but IDC

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Friday, January 16, 2009 4:11 PM
don't get a base model man, it's not that much more for power everything. Just think about it, cheap out and possibly forget to reach over and lock your manual door locks and get sh!t stolen or pay a tad more and lock your doors with a button.....even at like 50 yards away

Friday, January 16, 2009 5:24 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:Actually the Cobalt DID replace the Cavalier,Delta platform, we all know that,but IDC

key word REPLACE.
the cavalier is a J platform car.
..u know, J-Body. while the cobalt is the D platform car.
the D platform is a whole different breed so to speak.

JM Graphics / The Sticker Guy! wrote:don't get a base model man, it's not that much more for power everything. Just think about it, cheap out and possibly forget to reach over and lock your manual door locks and get sh!t stolen or pay a tad more and lock your doors with a button.....even at like 50 yards away

like i said before. i dont want or need power anything really in my car.
im used to locking my doors always on my cav [they aslo maual]
i NEVER have forgoten to lock my doors. even in i am in my own driveway,
and am only gonna leave my car for 30 sec. i lock my doors. and i live in a nice neighborhood!!

im really not looking at otions money wise. its just that i dont want all the extra stuff.
whut im really looking at is the cobalt SPORT with the 2.4 ECO, but i want it maual everything.
most dealerships dont even wanna order it for me. they saqid it would cost more to change the car to manual windows and locks than to just leave em on. but its how i want the car, so im prolly just stickin with a base model, and dressin it up like an SPORT with spoiler delete.

Friday, January 16, 2009 5:26 PM
JM Graphics / The Sticker Guy! wrote:don't get a base model man, it's not that much more for power everything. Just think about it, cheap out and possibly forget to reach over and lock your manual door locks and get sh!t stolen or pay a tad more and lock your doors with a button.....even at like 50 yards away

but hey, can u get the shocker stickers in any other colors than posted on yur site?

Saturday, January 17, 2009 2:56 AM
ChevyBoi89 wrote:

but hey, can u get the shocker stickers in any other colors than posted on yur site?

Sure can, what color are you looking for? I have:

orange
black
white
silver
gold
yellow
red
green
chrome
brown
blue
teal

Thanks!

Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:21 AM
im considering gold.
[that was not on the site]

but i mite go with blue, black, or red.

depending whut color my new car is, and if i put one on my car after bodywork and paint.

same price for all colors?
or do they very?

Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:26 AM
ChevyBoi89 wrote:im considering gold.
[that was not on the site]

but i mite go with blue, black, or red.

depending whut color my new car is, and if i put one on my car after bodywork and paint.

same price for all colors?
or do they very?

same price man!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search