Opti spark - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Opti spark
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 9:13 AM
I had a guy that is going to help me with somee tuning ask me if my car had an opti spark system. What is this and do I have it on a 96 2.2 OHV? I figure it is a system that is sparking multiple times per fire, pretty obvious, but were the second gens ever equipped with them?

Re: Opti spark
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 9:47 AM
optispark was on the 3rd gen camaros with the LT1. and your car doesnt have it

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:37 AM
... and 96 is a third gen

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:46 AM
really? well all this time i thought it was the restyling of the body after mine that signified the generation change. now that does make my car seem so old. lol.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:56 PM
95 and newer cavs are 3rd gens. And yes the opti spark is the super @!#$ty LT1 ignition, where the distributor is under the water pump and ducks up all the time.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:29 AM
974drfire wrote:... and 96 is a third gen

99redz24 wrote:optispark was on the 3rd gen camaros with the LT1. and your car doesnt have it

reading > you.....unless they unvailed a 2.2l F-body I was unaware of.

Darkstars wrote:95 and newer cavs are 3rd gens. And yes the opti spark is the super @!#$ty LT1 ignition, where the distributor is under the water pump and ducks up all the time.

I hate that shiat.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:39 AM
John Benham wrote:
974drfire wrote:

99redz24 wrote:optispark was on the 3rd gen camaros with the LT1. and your car doesnt have it

care to explain? he asked about the opti spark system. i told him his car doesnt have it. and it was found on the 3rd gen camaros with the LT1. i never said the camaro had a 2.2

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:46 AM
John Benham wrote:

I hate that shiat.

Actually... reading the ORIGINAL post > you

Quote:

I had a guy that is going to help me with somee tuning ask me if my car had an opti spark system. What is this and do I have it on a 96 2.2 OHV? I figure it is a system that is sparking multiple times per fire, pretty obvious, but were the second gens ever equipped with them?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:45 AM
Quote:

but, as you can see below, he asked this question thinking 96 was a second gen.

irishbred wrote:really? well all this time i thought it was the restyling of the body after mine that signified the generation change. now that does make my car seem so old. lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:46 AM

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:43 AM
99redz24 wrote:
John Benham wrote:
974drfire wrote:

care to explain? he asked about the opti spark system. i told him his car doesnt have it. and it was found on the 3rd gen camaros with the LT1. i never said the camaro had a 2.2

I was refering to the second poster who said that a 96 was a 3rd gen, I think he missed the point you mentioned camaro.

Shifted wrote:
John Benham wrote:

I hate that shiat.

Actually... reading the ORIGINAL post > you

Quote:

Reading > me should be no suprise

Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:15 AM
quoting > all

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search