Wiring Problem - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wiring Problem
Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:38 PM
hey guys i bought some leds for my tail lights and when i put it into the brake light socket it started to smoke a little so i pulled it out and replaced with stock bulb now my rear brake/driving lights dont work, left signals flash really fast and my gauge cluster is not lighting up. can anyone help me find out what happend???

Re: Wiring Problem
Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:51 PM
Check your fuses?

Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:53 PM
yea they look fine but could one blown fuse do that much
Sunday, January 18, 2009 12:43 AM
I would check ur stop tail light fuse(assumming the newer js have one).This would cause no tail lights or brake lights.Now if u check and its toast replace it and it should work.If this does not work I would lean towards the stop light switch that mounts on the brake pedal on the back side and should have a two plug terminal going into it.U can check for voltage there car with the key on or off and lights on or off it should have constant power.I would think its either this or maybe u burned up the sockets ends where the bulbs make contact but,think its more than likely a fuse over a melt down on the wiring or sockets.Check the stop light fuse and or switch this will cause ur problem.Unless I am wrong or left something off may others correct or add to this.That is what comes to mind and I am way tired and wanted to reply to what should be a simple fix.

Sunday, January 18, 2009 7:10 AM
ok ill check out all this stuff but i do have brake lights i just dont have the light when i turn my headlights on the tails aren't lit up
Monday, January 19, 2009 8:12 PM
ok so i fixed that problem but now why is my left (driver side) signal lights flashing like crazy
Monday, January 19, 2009 8:25 PM
is the LED bulb still in it??? i would check your other bulbs and see if you might happen to have a dead bulb

Monday, January 19, 2009 8:52 PM
no led just normal bulb back in
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search