Anthony Jone's Cavalier..... - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Anthony Jone's Cavalier.....
Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:45 AM

Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:36 PM
Pimpin...

Friday, February 27, 2009 6:29 AM
x wrote:the wires under the dash was trash (shorts ,loose wires,door poppers not working ) the role cage was just sitting it there not bolted down .. You may ask why you have never seen under the hood ,Well ,,The head was leaking water..rusty water stains all over .. he tried to paint over the silver OEM paint under the hood with black rattle cans , it was all flaking off .. oil leaks all over ....the coil overs are shot so it rides like crap ...

I could go on and onquote]

I have seen a few cars on this website that look unreal in pictures.....then you see them at the shows and everything X mention above seems true for a couple that have let me when I saw them in real life...!

Simple things that people seem to let slide...bad wiring....lambos that are shot....this not work that not working.....
Just sad...!

Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:12 AM
stuff happens, money, time etc, etc, etc, sometimes you just have to get the car back together and take a break, i know ive got half a dozen things on my car that i need to get finished up. but sometimes you get burned out on your car and then people either sell it then regret it, sell it and move on, or do what i do and set the car aside and not touch it for a few months until the bug to work on it picks up again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, February 28, 2009 1:54 PM
^ Thats very true. But just leaving your car at someone elses house for a year and not returning calls is just DUMB

Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:26 PM
Well personally I hope he gets it back and finishes what he started. Anthony's car was one of the cars I followed for awile here then he disappeared. I am still waiting for the day I open the site and see the photos and media with a big Anthony Jones is back subject... but hey that's just me.

FOR SALE
Sunday, March 01, 2009 8:41 AM
ecotecpower wrote:^ Thats very true. But just leaving your car at someone elses house for a year and not returning calls is just DUMB

my post wasnt in responce to leaving it there, just about how he had said the wires were a mess etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, March 01, 2009 7:18 PM
sndsgood wrote:
ecotecpower wrote:^ Thats very true. But just leaving your car at someone elses house for a year and not returning calls is just DUMB

my post wasnt in responce to leaving it there, just about how he had said the wires were a mess etc.

All of the wires inside and under the hood have been fixed , as well as Most of the other little things that I said was wrong with it (Not coil-overs)

But like I said I would love for him to come pick it up ,,, I have had the car for about 3 1/2 almost 4 yrs... the last tag on the car was dated 2005.. the work has been done for 1 1/2 yrs now ...........

If you all only knew of the problems we had with this hole deal ,,, It has not been good .

As far as me trying to take the car ,, Let me just say I would not do that .. we have been paid so at this point the car is just sitting in my backyard going to crap

Monday, March 02, 2009 4:37 AM
yeah but its not like your some shady guy just looking to take his car i know if a buddy of mine left his car for a couple years and he wouldnt come get it id just say sorry man i cant wait any longer and get rid of it.

Monday, March 02, 2009 9:25 AM
^Agreed!

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:25 AM
the fact you are saying that his car is a POS what is that basing it on the car you have on your cardomain link ??? must look be the opposite looks way better in person then pics

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:41 PM
BuMmRz wrote:the fact you are saying that his car is a POS what is that basing it on the car you have on your cardomain link ??? must look be the opposite looks way better in person then pics

I base that on 35 yrs of working on cars . thats 10 yrs longer the you have been alive , and about 20 yrs longer then you have been driving ..

Before you ask something like that , just maybe you needed to see the car before John and Myself went to Tally to pick it up ,,

Trust me with the work we did on it and if Anthony will ever come pick it up and reinstall / finish the inside . replace the struts and springs ..... The car would be really nice again ,,, But like I said when we picked it up IT WAS A BIG POS..It really needed to be worked on bad

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 5:12 AM
Looks like people on here are getting offended by Intimidator saying A's car is a POS lolol. Thats funny, like said, 95% percent of the org hasn't seen this car in person. Maybe he's right. I mean he did work on it, and it is in HIS back yard.

I remember seeing Cookies car back in 04 at the bash, his car was so PRAISED on the org about how fast it was(i agree) and how good it looked( do NOT agree), now THAT car was a big ol POS in person. I couldn't believe it, I had to walk away after seeing his car in person.

All im saying is cut Intimidator some slack, he knows first hand.

Carry on

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 6:08 AM
Ya he worked on it in his back yard you're right wow he must be a pro mechanic ..... as for you slamming me I have seen the car haha the car ya may not be perfect but calling someone out on being a POS when your car looks totally riced is a little un called for.. How many sponsors did he have how many people looked up to A Jones for inspiration I can name probably 20 cars on here that are "dream j-bodies" on here including my own that all have issues are they pieces of @!#$ no they are something someone took time and tried to do themselves.. if you have been working on cars for 35 years i bet the first 6 years were pretty half ass @!#$ yourself, or she we should we just praise you cause you are the all mighty most knowing car builder of all time.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 6:24 AM
BuMmRz wrote:Ya he worked on it in his back yard you're right wow he must be a pro mechanic ..... as for you slamming me I have seen the car haha the car ya may not be perfect but calling someone out on being a POS when your car looks totally riced is a little un called for.. How many sponsors did he have how many people looked up to A Jones for inspiration I can name probably 20 cars on here that are "dream j-bodies" on here including my own that all have issues are they pieces of @!#$ no they are something someone took time and tried to do themselves.. if you have been working on cars for 35 years i bet the first 6 years were pretty half ass @!#$ yourself, or she we should we just praise you cause you are the all mighty most knowing car builder of all time.

might want to get off your high horse there buddy. Getting sponsors, and having bozos on the internet swing from your nuts, does not mean a car is good. It means it looked good IN PICTURES. We ALL know of cars that looked good, but not as good in pictures. In pictures, you can't see sanding lines, you can't see waves in paint/bodywork, you usually can't see all of these things through a computer screen. I have seen A Dot's car in person, and from what I saw, it looked good. But I didn't see the things this guy has seen. I wasn't underneath the car, I wasn't riding in the car, I wasn't working on the car. You are quick to point out his car, but why? he's not showing his car, he's not trying to spend a ton of money on it. Obviously, that wasn't his goal.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:23 AM
Realistically EVERYONES car is a POS in some way shape or form to someone else. Theres always something that could probably be done better on all cars. I know my car has TONS of stuff that could be fixed. But pics hide alot of it

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 1:11 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:
BuMmRz wrote:Ya he worked on it in his back yard you're right wow he must be a pro mechanic ..... as for you slamming me I have seen the car haha the car ya may not be perfect but calling someone out on being a POS when your car looks totally riced is a little un called for.. How many sponsors did he have how many people looked up to A Jones for inspiration I can name probably 20 cars on here that are "dream j-bodies" on here including my own that all have issues are they pieces of @!#$ no they are something someone took time and tried to do themselves.. if you have been working on cars for 35 years i bet the first 6 years were pretty half ass @!#$ yourself, or she we should we just praise you cause you are the all mighty most knowing car builder of all time.

might want to get off your high horse there buddy. Getting sponsors, and having bozos on the internet swing from your nuts, does not mean a car is good. It means it looked good IN PICTURES. We ALL know of cars that looked good, but not as good in pictures. In pictures, you can't see sanding lines, you can't see waves in paint/bodywork, you usually can't see all of these things through a computer screen. I have seen A Dot's car in person, and from what I saw, it looked good. But I didn't see the things this guy has seen. I wasn't underneath the car, I wasn't riding in the car, I wasn't working on the car. You are quick to point out his car, but why? he's not showing his car, he's not trying to spend a ton of money on it. Obviously, that wasn't his goal.

my high horse did you even @!#$ read what I said? "I can name probably 20 cars on here that are "dream j-bodies" on here including my own that all have issues are they pieces of @!#$ no they are something someone took time and tried to do themselves.. " you even said your self it lookd good in person lmao so now sticking up for someone I have known and saying all cars need work is me being on a high horse....

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:14 PM
Justin, it doesnt matter where he worked on it or what his car looks like. The fact is that he got deeper into this car than anybody else had seen. Think of it this way, Anthony Jones chose him to do the work, so he must be good at what he does. If it was as bad as he says it was under there, then yes, it is a piece. Remember, fancy cf/painted dashes hide ALOT. I have worked on ALOT of cars that people praised but I found out were absolute heaps. Dave's (carbon cav) 3400 cav is a perfect example of this. After my buddy bought it and i started work, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING had to go. Not one wire remained from the original car.
Attacking him because he calls a car that he personally disected a piece does nothing for make you look bad.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 7:01 PM
I honestly think Paul was implying that at least the issues on Anthony's car were hidden versus many of these "showcars" on this forum whom get praised at such, and yet in person have easily spotted flaws and become rather disappointing overall. Mainly for us as members whom somewhat looked up to these cars and held them to high standards.

I see this are you chose to swing your sponsor balls and claim your own car as a "dream" j-body. For whom, exactly? There's the high-horse. Scratch me off that list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 04, 2009 7:26 PM

Thursday, March 05, 2009 12:17 PM

Justin’s car is a top rated Sunfire…It has been in countless magazines and is a multi award winner…! These are facts…High horse….? Why the hell not….?

I would put names like Blue Deuce, Ian Lacey, Bummerz, the guy with the Northstar swap, ecotecpower, sndsgood, Viral, Vince Morris, and boosted2point4 all up on a pedestal for the excellent work they have done on a plateform that gets no respect...!…… Wicked J’s fellas you have worked hard on your cars and in my opinion you all belong on a high horse…!

I would like to thank them all for the inspiration…which still has me plugging away on my Jbody…striving to one day be amongst the great builds around here..!

Thursday, March 05, 2009 2:10 PM
everybody builds to a diffrent level. some people prefer to just make it look good from a viewers standpoint and not worry about what isnt seen. some people are more anal and have to have their wires labeled every foot, wrapped in heat resistant tubing and zip tied every 1' even though the public will never seen it. just because someone doesnt go to a certain degree doesnt nessicarily negate the amoung of work that was done.

theres no need to get in a pissing match about someones definition of what is a pos or not. me myself if it had been sitting in my yard for two years i'd probalby call it a pos just because i was tired of seeing it in my yard. to someone that doesnt care about wiring a rats nest of wires wouldnt bother them. to someone else seeing that rats nest of wiring makes them feel that the person cheaped out and the build is more superfical then say another car.

the internet cars are the reason why i generally hold my praise till ive seen the work in person. the computer screen can hide so many flaws.

Friday, March 06, 2009 5:14 AM
Zspot wrote:Justin’s car is a top rated Sunfire…It has been in countless magazines and is a multi award winner…! These are facts…High horse….? Why the hell not….?

I would put names like Blue Deuce, Ian Lacey, Bummerz, the guy with the Northstar swap, ecotecpower, sndsgood, Viral, Vince Morris, and boosted2point4 all up on a pedestal for the excellent work they have done on a plateform that gets no respect...!…… Wicked J’s fellas you have worked hard on your cars and in my opinion you all belong on a high horse…!

I would like to thank them all for the inspiration…which still has me plugging away on my Jbody…striving to one day be amongst the great builds around here..!

you're crazy if you think Justin's sunfire is a top rated sunfire. I like his paint lines, I like his choice in parts for the most part, and the colors are good. I absolutely love the "theory" of his car. Now I'm gonna nitpick here, and I don't mean any disrespect to Justin, me and him have talked, and we're good terms, but there were lots of places where the car could have been a lot better. There were a lot of sanding marks in the paint, amongst other flaws. Justin says he only has a couple weeks to put the car together a year, so for that effort, I say he did well with what he had to work with, and I definitely don't HATE the car. I just wouldn't say it's "world class" if you know what I mean. I suspect Sndsgood's car to be closer to that level, but I have yet to see it in person, so I can't really judge. To me, "world class" is a car more like brandon fetter's car. This isn't because he has big hp, or that I prefer one paint job over the other, the paint job QUALITY is just better as far as simple technique and fundamentals. Justin's flaws are very benign to an untrained eye, but those who know paint work, and can spot flaws easier, can really see the difference. Fetter has more time put into his paint job, and his shows. I'm just talking simple theory, so please don't let anyone take anything personally, I just am calling it how I see it.

oh, and if I was intimidator, I would have had it towed, or called eminent domain about a year ago, and sold that thing for hella bucks. He obviously isn't too concerned about it

Friday, March 06, 2009 6:57 AM
Paul….With all do respect you and I have seen a pile of Jbodies over the years, and to say that Justin’s car is anything less then awesome simply due to a few sanding marks is incomprehensible to me…..

We are talking about a car that has a 100% complete audio setup ( awards for it ), 100% complete suspension setup, 100% complete N/A engine build, 100% complete interior ( awards for it), one off front and rear bumper, amazing exterior colour, possibly one of the cleanest fender flare installs I’ve seen on a Jbody and yet I’m here defending this car Best of Show award winning car…... ?

Defending is what I will continue to do for any of the Jbody guys that have a car even remotely close to Justin’s build and there are only a couple of them out here..! (6-12)

You want to hold back claiming its one of the top simply do to sanding marks…..this car has some of the tightest lines where polyurethane is molded to fiberglass and there is not one crack to point out…not to mention he drives this car all the time, even to Ohio from Ontario...!

Yes he had a short period of time to complete his build however show me (besides a couple sanding marks) where you could tell it was build in such a short period of time unless you where told…? Honestly…! Sanding marks….! Justin did not have the time for his bodyman to spend anymore time on it and had to live with them until he sold it…Wet sand and polish will complete your only complaint.

We’re kinder to alteeza taillights on rusted Cavi’s with steelies in the Photo’s and media section then we are to someone that has built a truly excellent car.

I would stand up for everyone on this site that has taken it to the level Sndsgood, Justin, Fedder, and others have….and World Class…WTF.? Bob’s the only one to have done that with this platform and people yap about his build around here from time to time as well….

Mr. Jones car….to be honest I’ve never stood beside it…however again, struts, wiring and some interior work in my mind wouldn’t get the POS tag…especially with the work/ time he has put into it. If I were in Intimidator’s shoes I would be a tad edgy simply due to the car hanging around my backyard so freaking long….! More so after working on it like he mentioned above.

In closing I guess no one can win unless…..first you have a trailer…then you need to have 2,3,5,10 years into your build, then make sure that there’s not one little sanding mark or dust particle anywhere…after all that…. and only after all that you’ll be known as a great Jbody builder around here…..Tough Crowd..!

Friday, March 06, 2009 7:52 AM

Friday, March 06, 2009 8:34 AM
Zspot wrote:Paul….With all do respect you and I have seen a pile of Jbodies over the years, and to say that Justin’s car is anything less then awesome simply due to a few sanding marks is incomprehensible to me…..

We are talking about a car that has a 100% complete audio setup ( awards for it ), 100% complete suspension setup, 100% complete N/A engine build, 100% complete interior ( awards for it), one off front and rear bumper, amazing exterior colour, possibly one of the cleanest fender flare installs I’ve seen on a Jbody and yet I’m here defending this car Best of Show award winning car…... ?

Defending is what I will continue to do for any of the Jbody guys that have a car even remotely close to Justin’s build and there are only a couple of them out here..! (6-12)

You want to hold back claiming its one of the top simply do to sanding marks…..this car has some of the tightest lines where polyurethane is molded to fiberglass and there is not one crack to point out…not to mention he drives this car all the time, even to Ohio from Ontario...!

Yes he had a short period of time to complete his build however show me (besides a couple sanding marks) where you could tell it was build in such a short period of time unless you where told…? Honestly…! Sanding marks….! Justin did not have the time for his bodyman to spend anymore time on it and had to live with them until he sold it…Wet sand and polish will complete your only complaint.

We’re kinder to alteeza taillights on rusted Cavi’s with steelies in the Photo’s and media section then we are to someone that has built a truly excellent car.

I would stand up for everyone on this site that has taken it to the level Sndsgood, Justin, Fedder, and others have….and World Class…WTF.? Bob’s the only one to have done that with this platform and people yap about his build around here from time to time as well….

Mr. Jones car….to be honest I’ve never stood beside it…however again, struts, wiring and some interior work in my mind wouldn’t get the POS tag…especially with the work/ time he has put into it. If I were in Intimidator’s shoes I would be a tad edgy simply due to the car hanging around my backyard so freaking long….! More so after working on it like he mentioned above.

In closing I guess no one can win unless…..first you have a trailer…then you need to have 2,3,5,10 years into your build, then make sure that there’s not one little sanding mark or dust particle anywhere…after all that…. and only after all that you’ll be known as a great Jbody builder around here…..Tough Crowd..!

so we can agree to disagree

he has a lot done, no question, and I remember thinking to myself this audio install is amazing. DEFINITELY give him his props for that. The fact he has poly molded to fiberglass without me knowing is definitely a commendation. I am not strictly holding him back simply due to sand scratches, the car looks good. I have discussed the car with various people, and I know there was a lot more then that, but...whatever, water under the bridge In summary, justin's car is not a bad car, I just don't think its world class. He has some good stuff done, and I like the body lines, theres more to like then to dislike for sure.

About A Dot's car, his paint work was really top notch, the prep time was definitely put into his car, as I have personally stood beside it, and gandered at it. Sounds like it wasn't as complete of a car as we once hoped it was. I'm not even debating if A Dot's car was a POS. It looked nice, and his paint work was good. thats all I'll say about it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search