Going from a 98 sunfire sedan to 03 cavy sedan - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Going from a 98 sunfire sedan to 03 cavy sedan
Monday, March 23, 2009 2:37 PM
I am looking at possibaly buying a 2003 cavalier and giving my modded sunfire sedan to my girlfriend..
The cav i am looking at alreday has a good start on mods; and i want to change some things to make it my own and what not and continue to build the cav.
What i want to find out is what miods from my sunfire sedan can transfer over to the cav if i get it..
Will the cf b-piller overlays fit, both sedans?
Cf fuel dor should fit?
Tach will fit
17's will fit(5 X 100)
Race seats????
obx header wont fit, rsm tb, rsm intake manifold, msd coils, taylor wires, ngk plugs, muffler, cat, intake, breather filter, none of that will fit as its on a 2200 right?
What about front and rear strut bars?????
It already has the cf trunk bezel, so i will have one on the sunfire still.

Going from a 98 2200 to a 2003 ecotec should be a noticable difference?
Both are automatics(@!#$ty deal) the fire is the 3 speed, cavy is 4 speed, atleast i should be able to get the b&m shift kit..

98 j-body sedan

Re: Going from a 98 sunfire sedan to 03 cavy sedan
Monday, March 23, 2009 2:50 PM
you can swap any suspension from 95-05 so that wont be an issue, your strut bars will still work on your eco if you buy it. I own both an eco and 2200 (2001) granted they're both five speeds I'm sure the auto's will be like night and day performance wise for you. As for the pillars and gas lid...IDK I've never owned a sedan, but I would imagine the seats sould go right in if you made custom brackets.

Monday, March 23, 2009 3:09 PM
The mounting points for the seats or what not changed for the 03-05 j's?
I alreday have the race seats in my fire, i thought they would just bolt right in the 03, know????
The 03 comes with a leather kit over the oem seats and two headrest screens in there as well; but i do like my black racespex racing seats...

98 j-body sedan

Monday, March 23, 2009 5:56 PM
You will be able to use everything except the engine modifications.

Monday, March 23, 2009 6:00 PM
Cool thats what i thought..
I love my sunfire sedan, i think it looks real good with the ww lip and cf hood in its aqua color, but i am ready for a bit of a change, and a ecotec in a arrival blue sedan would be nice, thats what i am looking at...
If i get it i will post pics...
Thanks

98 j-body sedan

Monday, March 23, 2009 6:17 PM
Very nice! I have been looking at Ultra Silver Metallic '03-'05 LS Sport Sedans myself.

The B&M Shift Plus should definitely be your first mod on the Cav. It's cheap, easy to install and makes the car a lot more fun to drive.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:17 AM
I just reread my post and it did come across as confusing....the seats are the same for 95-05 I ment to say if you made brackets for the seats to fit the older j they should work on the newer j...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:38 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:You will be able to use everything except the engine modifications.

he can use the exhaust. everything cept the header. the only thing different might be the exhaust hangers.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:26 AM
Great, thanks gals and guys..

98 j-body sedan

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:50 AM
Seen your post and said darn it. Thought you would be selling a few things from the fire. Nice upgrade man.

Proud member since 99
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:06 PM
I did not get the 03 cav yet, still thinking on it, i will be giving the fire to my girlfreind, i just find it hrad to let go and move on,lol.
Yeah i will be taking off what i can and adding it to the cav if i get her.......

98 j-body sedan

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:14 PM
Ah I see. Thought I would just throw that in there to see if the lip was gonna be avaliable.

Proud member since 99
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:55 PM
Just dont put that tach in and your golden Terry

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:21 AM
Whats wrong with a dash mounted tach in a automatic? LOL
I am thinking about putting the tach in if i get her, i do like the tach as its there for show as i do lots of car shows....
Will find out tonight how things go.
Yeah i will be keeping that ww lip on the fire as i still love the fire and love that lip, and my girlfriend wants to have a have decent looking car to drive, but i will be taking the rims and some other goodies....

98 j-body sedan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search