VIN Number Check - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
VIN Number Check
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:27 AM
Is there a free service where I can check a vin number? I found this nice J that i want to buy.

---------------------------------------------------------
The Chronicles of Dust
View the website and read the Novel.
http://dustnovel.webs.com

Re: VIN Number Check
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:33 AM
spend the dough and get a Carfax report....it will be worth the peace of mind

Brian

Sunday, April 05, 2009 7:22 AM
Carfax will give you about the most comprehensive vehicle history report I can think of.

If you're at all curious though, I have access to the GM Vehicle Inquiry System through work, and can get lots of stuff like the vehicle build sheet, recall history, warranty work performed, and a bunch of other info.
Sunday, April 05, 2009 12:26 PM
Car fax and VIN # to dealers are good measures, BUT if a accident-fix was done at a low-rent/ hack-job shop chances are they were not reported. So at times reports may have went under the radar when a Car-fax or dealer history is pulled up.
Buyer beware.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Sunday, April 05, 2009 3:07 PM
Ya.... I was just thinking that...... I can guarantee you that Carfax wont pick up 90% if not 100% of the stuff thats been done to my cars..... By buick is just one mystery after another.

A lot of people dont take there cars to the dealer to get them serviced or fixed....

It would be interesting to run a report on car you've had for years though...

Monday, April 06, 2009 11:42 AM
yepp/. carfax sux. i ran one on mine and it showed 2 MINOR accidents. when i bought it. i was looking it over and have found TONS of things wrong. im pretty sure the WHOLE car has been painted over. the only thing that man not have been was the DS quarter panel and the trunk. thats it. everythign else has seen paint. pissed me off. but. i work in a body shop and can handle it.

Monday, April 06, 2009 1:06 PM
you talkin about the blue one in your sig? 'cause its bee-utiful

you wanna find out? check all your seems and panels to make sure they line up.. and take a magnet with you and check to see if there is any Bondo..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, April 06, 2009 5:56 PM
yes the blue one in my sig. i kinda felt like i got screwed. but. i can just redo all of it if i want. so. its really not a big deal. as ill live

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 6:34 AM
Weebel wrote:Ya.... I was just thinking that...... I can guarantee you that Carfax wont pick up 90% if not 100% of the stuff thats been done to my cars..... By buick is just one mystery after another.

A lot of people dont take there cars to the dealer to get them serviced or fixed....

It would be interesting to run a report on car you've had for years though...

Carfax won't, but neither will the free one he asked for in the first place. Carfax may not get everything but it's the most comprehensive and will give you clues as to the car's history (ie: Salvage, major damage, fleet vehicle etc.)

Brian

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:25 PM
Get a Carproof man...

Carfax is total garbage in Canada.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search