wiring problem - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wiring problem
Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:19 PM
hopin someone can help me out here got a mess of wires tryin to figure out, for staters is this i think it suppsed to be on the block but its on the radiator fan. im pretty sure the purple one goes to the starter and black is a ground but where do both red wires go? do they wire into the harness somewhere? cant find out where so where do they go to?

Re: wiring problem
Friday, April 03, 2009 10:32 AM
That is the "recall" relay for the starter circuit fire prevention modification....

It's usually attached to the rad support next to the fan. All the wiring is done at the starter motor.

Friday, April 03, 2009 7:14 PM
thanks did a search of the "recall" relay and u answered my questions in another post lol thanx again
Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:09 PM
sorry thought i had it but not really sure can i just not use this relay? Doing that do i only need to put the purple wire to the small connector and a wire from the battery to the large post. any other wires needed? besides the one to the alternator
Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:11 PM
or where do both red wires go, one has a fusible link
Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:49 PM
If you don't use that relay, your car *could* catch fire. That's why it was installed - it's a safety related recall.That said... it's only likely to catch fire if you're stupid enough to stay on the starter for more than, say, 10 seconds at a time. Here's a tip - if it doesn't start after 5, it's probably not going to.

Friday, April 17, 2009 6:12 PM
Thats fine im not gonna continuosly run my starter, are there any other wires that i need to worry about? Is there a ground? if so does it go on the large or small post? or is it just the purple wire to the small post, then the battery cable to the large post with fusable link to the alternator? have i missed anything? sorry just want to make sure as my intake mani is off right now and dont wanna have to take it off again for messin up 1 wire lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search