Shipping prices... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shipping prices...
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:14 AM
Hi all,

I've been doing a lot of searches and im trying to buy some bodykit and the ones i want is always on the far east side of the country and im in Arizona. UPS charges crazy prices for shipping between west coast to east coast. Is there another shipping company that can ship big boxes for cheaper prices? I've tried USPS and they wont accept big boxes in size of a front or rear bumper. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks

Jason

GOT STUFF FOR SALE, CHECK THE CLASSIFIED

Re: Shipping prices...
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:41 AM
I used to ship body parts with DHL super cheap, like under $20 per bumper. I believe they stopped their US services though. Maybe try Greyhound's shipping service?

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 12:01 PM
Regardless of the prices, I've had very low satisfaction, with regards to shipping damage and loss, by the ground service provided by both UPS and FedEx Ground. Even items that have been well packed by the vendor arrive looking just terrible. I've had boxes shipped UPS that arrived smashed and obviously empty, the contents having exited through gaping holes in the boxes, and the driver had the audacity to leave them "delivered" on my front porch. I even had four new tires (which require no packing at all) shipped from the east coast to the northwest by FedEx Ground and they lost one of them in Salt Lake City. When they finally found it, I had to resort to forensics to determine it was actually a match for the other three. I'm sure many here have similar horror stories. And, on the subject of the closure of DHL in the US, it's another example of a profitable US company (Airborne Express) being bought by a foreign company, bled dry, driven into the ground, then abandoned. (Sorry to be on the soapbox, but it's been a difficult week so far. I'll get over it. No offense is meant to anyone here that works for shipping companies as I know you work your tails off.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 08, 2009 12:02 PM

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 12:11 PM
Greyhound

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:48 AM
Shifted wrote:Greyhound

yeah yeah, if the seller is willing to ship greyhound, thats your cheapest option.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:54 AM
Estes trucking is another option, Mine shipped out of Cal. and arrived with no problems. A lot of the time the seller already has a hook-up through a particular shipper that has offered them a cut rate fee if they use them exclusively,so most of the time sellers won't budge on the ship method.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search