What happened to the JBO?? - Page 6 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What happened to the JBO??
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:14 AM
Ron Paul 2012

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 11:46 AM

party of pointless OPINIONS!!!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 1:26 PM
The Black Pearl wrote:you ppl must've misunderstood me; I'm not mad that none of you feel for your cars the way I feel about mine. I couldnt care any less if you hate your car.. I just hate it when ppl say that me (or the 1% like BaggedOn20s) are stupid for loving our cars the way we do. if you dont like your j or even have any respect for it, then get the f*ck off the site already

I bought my first Cavalier 'cause I beat the sh*t out of it for 3 months since it just sat in my friend's carport collecting dust.. when my Nova broke down, I bought it for a daily driver 'cause I knew how durable and reliable it was.. being cheap was just a bonus, 'cause ,y friend's dad actually sold it to me for less than what I offered him for it (I got it for $300). then I started to notice the Z24 models rollin around and how bad-ass I thought they looked. for me, I never looked at them as a cheap POS that I could toss away later. and after almost 9 yrs of being on the site and going to countless meets and shows, the majority got them 'cause they wanted one. honestly, I never noticed all the haters til recently..

after 8 years of being on this site i'd say the majority bought them as a first car or because they were cheap. so were tied now. your not noticing hate for the car your just noticing people are calling them what they are. base model beater throw a way cars. thats's what they were built for. thats what they were driven for and thats what they are. if you love it, great happy for you. but that doesnt mean it changes what the car is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:53 PM
no, but the owner changes what it is. look at your car.. you obviously had the drive and motivation to do the work you've done. was that work out of just boredom and you had the cash, or was it out of love for the car?

I understand that Chevy produced the car to be a cheap, entry-level car that delivered good gas mileage.. but I dont think that qualifies it as a throw away piece of sh*t. almost all the ones I've seen have held up exceptionally well, even under brutal conditions. hell, Chevy produced the Nova with the same ideal in mind and look at the car now.. its a classic and a legend. and I'm not sayin that the Cavalier will follow the same path, but it does have alot of similarities and the same kinda following

like I said before, I dont care that ppl bash the car and only "see it for what it was meant to be".. but dont call me and ppl like me stupid for taking pride in the car, just 'cause you (no one in particular - brood statement) dont share the same feelings

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 7:06 PM
Youre still confusing love of a single car for love of a platform. Sndsgoods car is special and so is Joeys and so was Darkstars and so were many others but the platform as a whole isnt special.

I could buy a rotten Ford Festiva and love it but that doesnt mean I put the Festiva on a pedestal above eveything else.

Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:32 AM
The Black Pearl wrote:no, but the owner changes what it is. look at your car.. you obviously had the drive and motivation to do the work you've done. was that work out of just boredom and you had the cash, or was it out of love for the car?

I understand that Chevy produced the car to be a cheap, entry-level car that delivered good gas mileage.. but I dont think that qualifies it as a throw away piece of sh*t. almost all the ones I've seen have held up exceptionally well, even under brutal conditions. hell, Chevy produced the Nova with the same ideal in mind and look at the car now.. its a classic and a legend. and I'm not sayin that the Cavalier will follow the same path, but it does have alot of similarities and the same kinda following

like I said before, I dont care that ppl bash the car and only "see it for what it was meant to be".. but dont call me and ppl like me stupid for taking pride in the car, just 'cause you (no one in particular - brood statement) dont share the same feelings

i dont think ive called you stupid for loving yoru car. what im saying is that the car is dying down because its not made, your right it is similar to the nova. but the big diffrence youlle find is look at how many novas were sold versus j-bodes. waaaaaaaaaaay more j/'s then novas were built so that makes them even less rare and less liekly to reach any kind of cult status

as for the build of my car. i build it as a hobby, i would have just as much fun modding a focus modding a camaro or modding an evo. the sunfire was just a platforme to work off of, it wasnt done because i loved it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, April 19, 2009 10:36 PM
no, you didnt call me stupid.. there were a couple others who were saying ppl in general are stupid for it. but anyway, most ppl I know who have taken the time and money to do the kinda work you've done to yours, did it out of the love for it. I've modded other cars besides j-bodies, and those were the cars that I just kinda gave up on 'cause I lost interest and just didnt care to take it any farther (aside from my VWs).. I seriously applaude you for doing that much detailed work on a car you made outta boredom

and I'm not confusing my love for a specific car, versus the love for the platform.. 'cause really, I love the platform in general. of course my car in particular is gonna be special to me, but I stand behind the platform itself as well... and thats 'cause I've owned alot myself and have been around them daily for the last decade. I know what they can do, how good they can look, etc. in the end, I dont wanna say that the general car is special 'cause that would be contridictory to why I started liking them to begin with (and thats 'cause it wasnt a fad car like a Honda or Mitsubishi).. I just think the car deserves a lil bit more respect than what it has..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search