new idea for the org? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new idea for the org?
Saturday, May 02, 2009 12:08 PM
idk how hard it would be, but what about adding instant messaging, like on facebook? what do you guys think? who would i talk to for this? dave?

Re: new idea for the org?
Saturday, May 02, 2009 4:55 PM
We already have PM's and the chat and the link to e-mails in the profile and a section in your profile where you can put your AIM or MSN name...... IMO I don't see how adding an instant messenger here would really benefit anything.

Saturday, May 02, 2009 5:52 PM
^^^^^ what darkstars said....

Besides.... my contact info is incorret and like it that way..... I dont need some of the crazies here filling the inbox on my personal E-mail account.

Saturday, May 02, 2009 6:44 PM
idk...lots of times, ppl wanna chat through aim, but i haven't used aim in years, and it would be easy if it was on here...
Saturday, May 02, 2009 8:57 PM
Isn't that what the chat tab is for? Just under Off Topic on the left?

1997 Cavalier Z24 4Spd Auto. Magnaflow dual exhaust.
Saturday, May 02, 2009 9:09 PM
lol, seriously? damn...i've been on the org for too long to still know so little about it...
Sunday, May 03, 2009 12:43 AM
i thought about this the other day... i think it would be a good idea. not a whole lot of members use the jbo chat, or AIM for that matter. something like that would be a major pain to code though, and since Dave is the only one doing it i don't see it happening any time soon.

Sunday, May 03, 2009 8:00 AM
actually chat boxes aka shoutbox really arent that hard and usually come pre-coded and just get dropped into a specific directory on the webserver.

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch
Sunday, May 03, 2009 9:32 AM
Hey, there's a chat room?

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 8:06 AM
John Lenko wrote:Hey, there's a chat room?

Yea its called AG.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 10:34 AM
Tinkles wrote:
John Lenko wrote:Hey, there's a chat room?

Yea its called AG.

which lately has been about as lively as chat...

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 5:01 PM
haha i can never get the chat on here to work

Thursday, May 07, 2009 6:17 PM
sh*t, I havent been in the chatroom since about '01 or '02..

I think it might be kinda cool to have some form of in-site IM service, but I'm not counting on it

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, May 08, 2009 11:17 AM
id be down for a forum style im service but lately when-ever i get into chat its empty lol

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, May 08, 2009 1:25 PM
the reason the chats are always empty are because they are always empty. people login to them dont see anyone else hang for 1-2 min no one else shows so they leave.

thats is why a shoutbox tends to be more effective. when you login you are logged into the shoutbox. it follows you around to every page you visit on the site and if coded correctly wil even scroll down the screen with you as well.

the only other possibility would be the facebook type chat that sits at the bottom of the screen and alerts you to new messages but only if a chat including you has been initiated you cant really group that way.

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search