your thoughts on keepin the cavy - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
your thoughts on keepin the cavy
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:04 PM
ok heres the deal, ive had this car for about 2 years now and its been one thing after the other with it. i had to replace the engine and when i did the first one they put in frooze up about a week after. i had the ac compressor replaced while i was overseas. i just took it to the shop for the tranny and i had to take it right back in for the exact some problems. i know this is not the cars fault or my own, but my luck with this car has just been horindous. what should i do? should i give it up and move on or should i keep taking the risk of having to throw thousands of more dollars in it? i mean the engine and ac have been fine after it was done right and the tranny was completely rebuilt but misdiagnosed, so it could be good to go after this, but just the cars past record is not the best.

any advice would be greatly appreciated guys. thanks.

98 2dr 2200 5spd

Re: your thoughts on keepin the cavy
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:53 PM
Just keep the thing for now since you already put so much money in it.... and if something else major goes wrong with it down the road and you just dont want to deal with it anymore..... get something else.

But remember.... you could buy something else and have all these problems over again..... at least you know what is new on the car you have now.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:54 AM
Weebel wrote:Just keep the thing for now since you already put so much money in it.... and if something else major goes wrong with it down the road and you just dont want to deal with it anymore..... get something else.

But remember.... you could buy something else and have all these problems over again..... at least you know what is new on the car you have now.

In my experience, this is the best advice. It always seems that I get a car's bugs all worked out and running smoothly, then I sell it for some reason. Plus, if you have any warranties on those repairs, that is a bug bonus. I say keep it. Just remember, these cars are comparatively cheap to maintain. I'm keeping my little 'vert until either 1) my husband loses his job at GM or 2) it rots into the ground.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:28 AM
yeah i mean thats what ive been thinking, i just wanted to get the most advice i could get. and truuuuust me i already thought about the fact that i could get another car and i have to get all this @!#$ fixed again. thanks guys, and gals.

98 2dr 2200 5spd
Friday, May 22, 2009 7:58 PM
yea man, you know whats been done and what issues it has. plus, if you keep it long enough, you'll figure out all the lil quirks with your car in particular. and like it was already stated, Cavaliers are easy and cheap to maintain

look at my car... I got a noise that was diagnosed as a clutch chatter, but turned out to be a wrist-pin about to break. I took it to the track regardless and ran the piss out of it.. still attended our car show the next day, then drove 100 miles home. they can take abuse.. the worst thing you can do is just let it sit. they hate that

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search