worst week ever.... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
worst week ever....
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:34 PM
whats up people, im afraid to drive my car now with the my luck this past week, 1 week ago i got my cavy, 4 days ago i got my radio stolen and dash torn up, 3 days ago hail storm @!#$ up my hood, and now some dumbass chick forgot to stop and hit my car in the back, so now i got a screw up hood, no radio, rattling dash and no back bumper, im afraid if i drive it tomorrow my engine will blow or something (even tho there mechanically sound right now) or my tire blow out or something. wish my tax return check would hurry the hell up

Re: worst week ever....
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 7:36 PM
Really? Try mine on for size....

1 week ago, The transmission on my grand prix goes, and since I dont have AAA or a cell.... I ended up walking 5.5 hours back home.. so I sold the Prix and bought my 97 z24, 30 mins after buying it (private sale.....) the motor blows. Towed back to my place. Towed up to my mechanic, and the people who i bouhgt the car from agreed to pay for a new motor but instead of a 2.4 twin cam they bought the 2200 SFI OHV motor for it...

Also last week my grandfather died, and I lost my job..
Least you have a car that runs. Wish mine did... I would GLADLY swap weeks with you.

Seems the only thing I got going for me is a mechanic who charges $300 for a motor swap, a supportive gf, and a job interview thursday....

But seriously hope things turn out well for you. =]

1997 Cavalier Z24 4Spd Auto. Magnaflow dual exhaust.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 7:37 PM
Oh And walking home at 3am is hardly fun... Couldn't exactly knock on peoples doors at 3am...

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:14 PM
@!#$ that. Better put a 2.4 back in that bish...

JBO Veteran
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:26 PM
yeah.. well now I got a LN2? to sell lol.. Dont even know what year it's out of. I asked for a working motor that goes in my car and they buy that. Prolly more reliable but it wont work.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:50 PM
A. Smith wrote:yeah.. well now I got a LN2? to sell lol.. Dont even know what year it's out of. I asked for a working motor that goes in my car and they buy that. Prolly more reliable but it wont work.

The stupidity of some people LOL

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:59 PM
sorry bout your luck smith, i was just pissed off all that @!#$ happens and i had to vent some, and a 5.5 hr walk wouild suck balls i gotta amit
Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:04 PM
I feel your pain. Last year I was traveling from my home in Missouri to see my sister in Virginia and the crankshaft snaps on me in the mountains of West Virginia. Had to wait for my dad to come get me with a trailer.

Friday, May 22, 2009 7:53 PM
I'd call the original owners back and ask them how in the f*ck they bought the wrong motor for a car they used to own...

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Saturday, May 23, 2009 8:15 PM
The Black Pearl wrote:I'd call the original owners back and ask them how in the f*ck they bought the wrong motor for a car they used to own...
I would but they're not answering the phone or emails. lol

Saturday, May 23, 2009 10:01 PM
Id go to their house. Ring the doorbell. Tell them politely you would like the proper motor. And walk away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, May 23, 2009 10:02 PM

Sunday, May 24, 2009 1:48 AM
whoa! that sucks... stay well..
Sunday, May 24, 2009 3:48 AM
A. Smith wrote:
........ the people who i bouhgt the car from agreed to pay for a new motor but instead of a 2.4 twin cam they bought the 2200 SFI OHV motor for it...

Sorry for your troubles but the previous owner was under no obligation to do anything for you. Sad to say but checking out the condition of the used car falls squarely upon the purchasers shoulders. Sounds like this car had issues when you got it to have so much trouble so quickly.
I never would have agreed to pick up any of the tab for any work to fix a car I sold to you. For all I know you changed the oil, put in the wrong oil filter that leaked, stripped out the drain plug so it now leaked and failed to replenish the oil and drove away!! Not my fault in any way.
These people have been more than generous, sell the used motor and apply that free cash to the proper engine and next time be a wiser and more wary purchaser.

Dave
Sunday, May 24, 2009 6:12 PM
when I inspected it and test drove it it didn't have a single issue, didn't knock or make any sounds.

Sunday, May 24, 2009 7:07 PM
So it was good when you bought it? I gotta ask, were you "testing it out" on your way away from the sale?

Either way that does suck man.

Sunday, May 24, 2009 9:36 PM
no? but i remember something about them saying their daughter bf might try sabotaging it when it was sold... so they'd just make it look like it was still for sale =/

Didn't think much of it.

And either way. 3 times past 4k rpm and never going past 5k shouldn't blow a motor

Sunday, May 24, 2009 10:24 PM
they warned you it might be vandalized??

one, I dont think I'd have bought the car unless it was worth that kinda hassle

and 2, I'd have got the guy's info from the sellers and warned the cops about it.. and if it happened, they'd know where to go

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, May 25, 2009 8:10 PM
wasn't vandalised.. but meh.. Sorry for thread jack O_O

Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:28 PM
ok im surprised this hasn't been asked but im curious who buys a car from a private seller at 2:30 am and who sells a car to a stranger at that time Im sorry but that sounds way to fishy to me (the sellers that is) and how much you want to sell that used 2200 for?
Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:43 PM
where'd 2:30am come into play?
Paid for it at 9:30am, drove it away at 11am...

I dont know how much... it's 95-97 2.2 (not 2200), with 3 speed auto attached.

What's your offer? ;]

Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:49 PM
A. Smith wrote:Oh And walking home at 3am is hardly fun... Couldn't exactly knock on peoples doors at 3am...

right there and you said that it broke down 30 minutes after you bought it and had to walk home for 5.5 hours so I put two and two together and realized 2:30 am is 30 minutes before 3 am

Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:51 PM
oh ok never mind I just read it back over, sorry its getting late and I have a buzz I was just wondering wtf is up with this?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search