Found a sweet deal =] - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Found a sweet deal =]
Thursday, June 04, 2009 7:52 AM
Like the title says. Found a killer deal in replacing my LD9.

Found 2 motors for $175 and the guy will put one in my car for $200. $375 total. The motor being used is out of a 98 malibu with 50k miles. And it should be done at some point during the week.

Think my luck is turning around to the good.

1997 Cavalier Z24 4Spd Auto. Magnaflow dual exhaust.

Re: Found a sweet deal =]
Thursday, June 04, 2009 12:11 PM
Nice! Does he have a tranny that he wants to put in my car for $375 total? I'd be all over that! Plus I'm close enough to be serious

Thursday, June 04, 2009 2:06 PM
Auto or manual?

If it's auto, he might actually... I'll ask him what he'll charge when I pick up my car.

Thursday, June 04, 2009 2:46 PM
It is an auto... hmm...
My tranny is slipping a bit here & there, just something we're keeping an eye on. But if the right deal came around, I may make a move!

Thursday, June 04, 2009 6:36 PM
Is it the PRND321 or PRND21?

Thursday, June 04, 2009 7:04 PM
A. Smith wrote:Like the title says. Found a killer deal in replacing my LD9.

Found 2 motors for $175 and the guy will put one in my car for $200. $375 total. The motor being used is out of a 98 malibu with 50k miles. And it should be done at some point during the week.

Think my luck is turning around to the good.

That's an exceptional price, if that $200 includes swapping all the parts to make a 98 motor (with EGR) work in a 99 car (which doesn't have EGR)... plus tapping the hole for the wrong size knock sensor.... because that is a hell of a lot of work. You may have just scored the deal of the year!

...j

Thursday, June 04, 2009 7:32 PM
lol yeah he was asking if it was the EGR motor or not. And i didn't have a clue so he said he was gonna put the 98 malibu motor in.... Oh! My car's a 97 >.< small typo in newbie forum lol. Sorry

Well he said I did need the serpentine belt replaced (I know that for a fact. Cracked down the center) fresh oil and coolant. No probs there cause I know thats associated with it. Prolly gonna hit me for about $400, but still, one hell of a deal.

Friday, June 05, 2009 11:35 AM
I was looking at the car listed in your registry... if you're putting a 98 Malibu motor in a 97 Cav... that's easy as pie.

Belt is nothing... it's the big stuff, like the water pump or timing chain - that stuff is expensive.

Sunday, June 07, 2009 3:51 PM
PRND321

Monday, June 08, 2009 9:32 PM
Guy doesn't have a trans handy, but even if ya got one I guess my car was the last one he's doing for a while lol (backyard mechanics not a shop). His buddy screwed him on my car. said he'd help completely and the only thing he did with him was a lower motor mount and line up for install. so he's not happy bout it.

Wish you luck in finding a good price though.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 2:44 PM
Thanks for checking into it. I'm going to keep driving it as it is until it gets worse. For now, I just take it easier than I'd like to

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search