where to get decent used 2.4 L engines!!!!! HELP - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
where to get decent used 2.4 L engines!!!!! HELP
Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:06 PM
i just bought a 98 sunfire gt and found out the next day i bought it that it had a craked head case. so if i decide to keep it does anyone know where to ger decent rebulit or used 2.4 L engines. ive been told my a few diffrent mechanics that there extremely hard to find. any thoughts

Re: where to get decent used 2.4 L engines!!!!! HELP
Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:32 PM
Head case or crank case?

If it's just the head you might be able to get away with just buying a head for it. But try www.car-part.com It's basically a collective database for junkyards. It's what i use...

1997 Cavalier Z24 4Spd Auto. Magnaflow dual exhaust.
Re: where to get decent used 2.4 L engines!!!!! HELP
Friday, June 12, 2009 12:12 PM
A. Smith wrote:But try www.car-part.com It's basically a collective database for junkyards. It's what i use...

I used the site referenced above to find an engine near me. ($650 plus $50 to deliver it from 100 miles away by truck.) Availability varies widely, but remember that just due to age, most of these engines will likely have 100k miles or more on them if they're from a metropolitan area. That's not necessarily a problem if they've been maintained, but you rarely know how a used engine was treated and usually don't see the car they came out of. If the yard is reputable, you might get a brief warranty. Good luck. - Mark

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search