TRUNK AND FUEL DOOR LATCH? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TRUNK AND FUEL DOOR LATCH?
Sunday, July 05, 2009 5:12 PM
IS there a trunk and fuel door latch?

Re: TRUNK AND FUEL DOOR LATCH?
Sunday, July 05, 2009 6:39 PM
yea of course. how do you think they stay closed?

Sunday, July 05, 2009 10:06 PM
Are you at a gas station? Are you out of fuel?

Check next to the drivers seat next to the door sill. Should be two handles, one has a picture of a car with the trunk open, that one is the trunk release.
The other should have a picture of a guy robbing you, that would be the gas release.

Monday, July 06, 2009 8:16 AM
Quote:

Check next to the drivers seat next to the door sill. Should be two handles, one has a picture of a car with the trunk open, that one is the trunk release.
The other should have a picture of a guy robbing you, that would be the gas release.

Ha. That made my day.

Monday, July 06, 2009 12:12 PM
There are variations. The Toyota Cavaliers have inside fuel door releases, but the regular US third gen models (at least up to '00) that I've seen don't have them. Models with keyless entry don't have the mechanical trunk release (again, the early third gen models I've seen), but later models have an electric release button on the dash. My '99 with keyless entry has no inside releases at all and the remote trunk release only works if the ignition is off. (I know this changed in '00.) Anyone have a scan of the "international symbol" of the guy robbing you that's on the fuel release lever? That would be great to copyright!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 7:41 AM
I looked everywhere i dont have those levers or buttons anywhere,no big deal i can still use the key to open the trunk and my fuel door just takes a little pressure to open
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 2:01 PM
My fuel door doesn't have a release next to my seat. Oldschool style, get out and open it.

www.gmscf.com
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 5:50 PM
Brandon Lusetti wrote:I looked everywhere i dont have those levers or buttons anywhere,no big deal i can still use the key to open the trunk and my fuel door just takes a little pressure to open
sounds like a normal situation to me.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 8:13 PM
I don't think the Z24 Models didn't have a lever beside the seat late 90's anyway.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 8:45 AM
my 03 has the trunk release on the lower dash to the left of the driver. Mine also had nothing for the gas door. just old school get out and open.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search