Front end supsension problems - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front end supsension problems
Monday, July 06, 2009 9:48 PM
I have a question .....about 3 weeks ago when i was coming home from work ( I have a 2001 2.2L 2DR chevy cavalier) i accidently hit a curve in my car and i heard this loud thump. So, i pulled over and saw that i bent the wheel alloy and flatten the tire so i changed the flat tire and use my spare tire. After, i changed the tire when i pulled off i noticed that when i was driving straight i had a hard time controling the steering wheel and that mt car was making a loud grinding noise and when i made i turn it would stop when i made turn but would continue when i was going staright. When i got my home (which was less than 2 mins. from wher i happend) i noticed that the right tire was further back than where it was supposed to be and that the right side of my car was riding a little lower than normal. So, i had some one to go in my car and move it back and forward in the parking space and i noticed that the tire would wobble. So, i had a person i know to look at it and we both thought it was the tie rod and later i had my uncle (who is a mechanic) to look at it and he said it was the a frame or the a arm but i'am still not quite sure on what it is. So i was wording if anyone has had a simliar exprience or KNOW what it may be to reply back thanks.

Re: Front end supsension problems
Monday, July 06, 2009 9:57 PM
Take the wheel off and take pics of the areas in question?

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 5:53 PM
Tinkles wrote:Take the wheel off and take pics of the areas in question?

i couldnt understand a word of that. i hit CURVES everyday. CURBS however, notsomuch.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 9:09 AM
i found out that it was the lower a frame(a-arm) so i just need to find out where i can get that part at for a resonable price.
Thursday, July 09, 2009 2:14 AM
junkyard

Thursday, July 09, 2009 8:15 AM
NAPA sells a replacement a-arm complete with new bushings and a balljoint for direct replacement.

Just a suggestion.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:53 PM
yep it was the a arm i was able to have it replaced and i had to have the frame on my car knocked back in place. i was able to get the part at S& W auto parts.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search