Help!cavalier z24 keyless entry - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help!cavalier z24 keyless entry
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:56 PM
Hi guys, does anyone know where the keyless entry module is located in a 97 TOYOTA cavalier? I read the FAQ (http://www.j-body.org/faq//89/), and was looking at every corner of trunk but still couldn't find it. Is TOYOTA cavalier really so different from the CHEVY cavalier? Any ideas?

Re: Help!cavalier z24 keyless entry
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:41 PM
Come on guys, help me out
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:10 PM
did you pull the carpet back in the trunk? its usually under the carpet on the driver side. its just a little black box

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:53 PM
AZ24Ncav wrote:did you pull the carpet back in the trunk? its usually under the carpet on the driver side. its just a little black box

Thanks mate. I did take off the carpet in the trunk and trunk lid, but still no luck. Can anyone who has figured out the location of the module posts some pictures here. Thanks!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:51 AM
The one in my '99 'vert is velcro'd on the top/back of the left (drivers side) rear wheel well under the simulated mouse fuzz trunk lining. There's a drawing of the approximate location in the FAQ; FAQ->FAQ Library->Categories->Audio/Electronics->third item down on the list.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:29 PM
if you dont see it there.. it means you dont have keyless entry.

Friday, August 14, 2009 7:00 AM
AZ24Ncav wrote:if you dont see it there.. it means you dont have keyless entry.

^this

Legendary Bash Veteran
Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:42 AM
AZ24Ncav wrote:if you dont see it there.. it means you dont have keyless entry.

Well,my cavalier does have keyless entry but I'm not sure it's original or not. Coz the remote I got from the previous owner is stupid enough using the same button to lock and unlock the door. Does anyone else (Toyota cavalier owner) have similar problem?
Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:50 AM
hmmm if it is an aftermarket alarm.. check the driverside (since you have a toyota cav check on the right side). pull back the carpet up front by the pull lever for the hood popper. most installers put the unit close to the steering wheel for easy wiring to the ign.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search