Another "how should I price it" thread - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another "how should I price it" thread
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 3:40 AM
NOT A FOR SALE THREAD -
2004 1SV cavalier 5-speed 70k miles. Interior is near mint, exterior has typical wear and tear - chips on front bumper and hood, but silver hides it well. There are some scratches on the right rear quarter. Recent new brakes and p/s pump. Car runs better than new...

I was thinking ~4k$. Comments/suggestions?

Mods:
Engine:
RKsport upper engine mount
RKsport lower dogbone
TTR transmission mounts
2.5" magnaflow high-flow cat
2.5" CTI cat-back
2.5" dynomax super turbo muffler
RK Sport intake
RSM 62mm TB
LSJ pacesetter 4-1 header
18" Flo-Pro resonator
2.4 LE5 intake manifold swap
30lb/hr injectors
AEM UEGO wideband oxygen sensor
HPtuned by me to 7k rpm and 13:1 AFR at WOT

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
Hawk HPS brake pads
Overkill solid front & rear strut mounts
Tein S.Techs
Koni yellows
addco rear sway bar
addco front sway bar
poly control arm bushings
TTR K-brace
Braided Stainless Brake Lines

Interior:
carbon fiber stereo dimmer shift knob and HVAC
B&M short throw
~35% tint

Exterior:
flat black rear facia
flat black front emblem
shaved badges

Audio:
Infinity tweeters on dash
Hifonics Zeus 6.5" in front doors
Infinity 6x9 rear
four channel Rockford Fosgate amp
panasonic receiver

Re: Another "how should I price it" thread
Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:04 AM
The car brand new sold for $9,999, when you factor in it's now 5 years old, 70K miles is relatively low but obviously its been beat on (modded and the rev limiter raised), the mods take away from the value, the used car market is down cause of cash for clunkers.... All things considered I think you will be very lucky to get it sold for 4k but that seems like a reasonable listing price to start with.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:22 AM
As with selling any car... unless it's something collectible or special (and a J-body - no matter how much you once loved it and you may think it's worth more money than other J-body cars - is neither collectible nor special!), the best way to price it is with other similarly-priced vehicles in your area.

Look up prices on Craigslist if you don't have anything better locally. Here in BC, we have the "Auto Trader" and "Buy & Sell" which are good to compare with as well.

You'll never get the price a dealer is asking... so don't bother pricing with them. Look at private sales.

And as Darkstars already noted... unless you find one of the "suckers born every minute", a modified car always sells for less than a stock one... so if you really want to move your car, think about putting it at 75% or so of the average local price...

Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:05 PM
Darkstars wrote:The car brand new sold for $9,999, when you factor in it's now 5 years old, 70K miles is relatively low but obviously its been beat on (modded and the rev limiter raised), the mods take away from the value, the used car market is down cause of cash for clunkers.... All things considered I think you will be very lucky to get it sold for 4k but that seems like a reasonable listing price to start with.
I appreciate the honest feedback. Wow I didn't realize they sold for that cheap new. I guess I have to find the window sticker and have a closer look. I'm not going to advertise specifically that the rev limiter was raised if i sell it locally. I don't think that's a big selling point lol.

I understand about values being down, however I live in an area populated with middle class/middle aged families, so nice looking cars under 5k don't last long in general. there is a healthy population of 16-20 yr olds looking for deals.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:00 AM
What have you decided?

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:00 PM
Kim The F.M.I.L.F wrote:What have you decided?

That you are an

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:26 PM
Bob wrote:
Kim The F.M.I.L.F wrote:What have you decided?

That you are an

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 4:10 AM
Why are you picking on her lol?

I'm going to keep the car for at least through the winter. I'm looking at moving to a house with four garage bays so that I actually have room for projects

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:32 PM
Or you can take it to the track again and break 14s

Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:50 AM
whiskerbiscuit wrote:Or you can take it to the track again and break 14s
Yea i'll keep it for another winter at least. I'll prolly get back in the late summer early fall.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search