anyone ever heard of a CNG cavalier? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anyone ever heard of a CNG cavalier?
Saturday, August 01, 2009 10:21 PM
I just thought I would share my findings of a CNG cavalier. a long time ago I saw a cavalier with a tab on a piece of trim below the taillight and wondered what it was. Saw another on today and did some research. Found out that they are cavaliers that run on natural gas and gasoline. limited numbers were produced. this link will explain everything.

http://www.expotv.com/Natural-Gas-CNG-Chevrolet-Cavalier/15-1cke

Re: anyone ever heard of a CNG cavalier?
Saturday, August 01, 2009 11:22 PM
yea definitely nothin new, they have CNG civics as well.
Sunday, August 02, 2009 12:21 AM
they have CNG everything lol...

Sunday, August 02, 2009 1:21 AM
I remember a few years ago someone shaved there gas door and used one of those CNG gas doors under the tail light and relocated there fill. They posted part numbers and everything.

I hate when people say "pounds psi" the P in psi stand for pounds! random pet peeve i guess *shrug

Sunday, August 02, 2009 4:42 AM
Mr_Efficiency (Tyrin) wrote:I remember a few years ago someone shaved there gas door and used one of those CNG gas doors under the tail light and relocated there fill. They posted part numbers and everything.

link? i know plenty of people have wanted to do this, but i dont recall anyone actually doing it.

Sunday, August 02, 2009 9:41 AM
I'd have to search, it was probly around 05. I'll see what I can come up with.

Sunday, August 02, 2009 10:02 AM
CNG FUEL DOOR ME NOW!!!!!!

I seriously want one

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 10:30 PM
That fuel door is so much nicer than the stock ones. Reminds me of my dads Camaro. The fuel door was the license plate frame.

Friday, August 07, 2009 7:15 AM
tabs wrote:
Mr_Efficiency (Tyrin) wrote:I remember a few years ago someone shaved there gas door and used one of those CNG gas doors under the tail light and relocated there fill. They posted part numbers and everything.

link? i know plenty of people have wanted to do this, but i dont recall anyone actually doing it.

me being one of those....link PLZ.

Saturday, August 08, 2009 6:01 PM
The problem with that is that our license plate in our trunk LOL

That would only really work for crap if the plate was in the bumper like the old cars.....

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:18 AM
Or like cavaliers who have the plate in the bumper....

I had a look and i cant seem to find the link, I cant even find any topics discussing it. Does the forum keep track of posts that far back?

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:47 PM
the CNG fill is on the Drivers side, below the tail light....... I've seen the part numbers posted a few times.

All one would have to do is use the '95-99 Passenger sail panel (think thats what they call it) and hinge it.... relocate the fill tube, and done. The CNG would put it on the wrong side of the car.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:55 PM

I hate when people say "pounds psi" the P in psi stand for pounds! random pet peeve i guess *shrug

mine is pound feet of torque. its ft lb...foot pound

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search