A Fool and his money has parted - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A Fool and his money has parted
Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:12 AM
This time I am the fool, I ordered some things from J body performance in Toronto, Put the order in 4/2/09, the first few months they told me they were waiting for parts, then Mev tells me he is unable to complete my order and will refund my couple of thousand, yes I sent them $2,700.00, Not really smart, but it still does not make it right for them to rip me off, They were in contact with me, but now they refuse to return my calls or e-mails, next stop small claims court, Anybody wishing to insult me for being stuiped go ahead
but I have beat myself up pretty good already,, anybody have any good ideas??? thanks

Re: A Fool and his money has parted
Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:56 AM
should have searched before purchasing. There's been many posts explaining how bad they are to deal with. Some people make out ok, but many others have had bad experiences.

Either way, hope it all works out for you and you get your money back. Good luck.

Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:00 AM
Get the authorities involved. Take a drive up to Toronto. That sucks. I make sure only to buy from reputable companies.
Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:01 AM
Thanks, I have already started on sueing them in small claims court, and I am considering on going to Toronto, it is only a 5 hour drive, just do not want to get myself into trouble, bad temper and all, if they tell me to piss off.
Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:09 PM
I spent a few hundred with them on my old build and received parts quickly. Odd how they rip some off.

Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:46 PM
also fill a complaint through the BBB and the local county there in. Also make sure you have the proper paper work, receipts, bank statement, emails, letters or whatever else you may have. The more info and paper you can show the better. Have you called the local police department?
Friday, August 28, 2009 12:50 PM
Yes, thanks, filed a complaint with the BBB yesterday, did not call the local police there, do you think that would help.
Friday, August 28, 2009 12:58 PM
They have a very bad reputation. When I bought some flanges from them, I drove down and got the parts at the same time as I paid them. Sketchy place for sure, hopefully you get your money man.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Friday, August 28, 2009 4:06 PM
Yea, thats what I should have done, they kept telling me that Baer brakes was the problem, That Baer would not send them the parts,
I spoke with a marketing executive from Baer this afternoon, he said he never heard of J body performance, and did not like the fact they were getting blamed for a screw up, so maybe they will get involved,
Friday, August 28, 2009 6:47 PM
they make scammers seam like a normal person

Re: A Fool and his money have parted...
Friday, August 28, 2009 9:46 PM
Wow, this post sucks.

Hope you get your money or product.

I hate it when $h!t like this happens.

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
J-Body Bash Veteran

Saturday, August 29, 2009 4:18 AM
I live 20 minutes from JBP. Send me about 50 litres of gas and some matches. Lets make this happen...

Saturday, August 29, 2009 5:36 AM
Yea, that sounds tempting, but I'll try the leagal way, Since you live that close, wanna serve them with court papers in a few weeks?
I'll give you some cash???
Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:23 AM
GLADLY!!!!!!

Saturday, August 29, 2009 4:52 PM
Cool, I will keep you posted, thanks
Saturday, August 29, 2009 8:17 PM
5 hours is nothing for a drive. Dont see the big deal there.

If i had 2700$ spend and i didnt see anything with in that month..., i would have made a little road trip...

Good luck and keep us updated!

Monday, August 31, 2009 8:15 AM
Its just a 5 hr drive? Fawk! I make 7 hr-8hr drives up there for the weekend to hang out and get drunk with Sweetness and GTPsunfire! Quit your bitchin and make a weekend trip!

Monday, August 31, 2009 12:30 PM
martin shauger wrote:wanna serve them with court papers in a few weeks?
I'll give you some cash???

gtpsunfire wrote:GLADLY!!!!!!

This calls for a video. Make sure you bring a buddy. Make an "investigative reporting" type video, showing the location, giving the names of the owner, etc., then finish it off with you serving them papers. Post it on YouTube, and then here.

Martin, if I were you, I'd call the local authorities there, and ask if they would be willing to accompany you for a visit, basicly giving JBP a last chance to come clean. I'm sure they'll take a report for you if you don't get your money, which will help your court case.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 7:08 PM
Well after repeated phone calls I finally got a call back, Mev the owner said he was sending my check out , he apoligized for the delay
and said they had been closed, I told him just give me back my money, so today Sept 8th the check arrived at my house, After 5 f--kin months I got my money,,, thanks to you guys out there that were willing to help me,,,
Tuesday, September 08, 2009 7:52 PM
did the check clear your account ok ?

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 8:24 PM
^ yeah dont get your hopes up just yet, that check might bounce like j.lo's butt

Wednesday, September 09, 2009 5:05 AM
Yeah, I know, I'm just waiting to see if it does, If that check bounces I will be going to Canada,
Friday, September 11, 2009 6:51 PM
If it bounces, we can go through with BOTH our plans

Monday, September 14, 2009 5:29 PM
CASH THAT CHEQUE !!1!1!!!!11!!1
Monday, September 14, 2009 6:23 PM
^^^^^^ damn canadian and their french spelling! Its check! Yes! If you wanna check your scores or cash a check, its all the same!

You're welcome!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search