Member Profile Changes - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Member Profile Changes
Friday, September 11, 2009 1:59 PM
I have made a few changes to the member profiles that will likely affect quite a few people.

1. Links in your profile are now rel=nofollow. This probably means nothing to most of you. Basically, when a search engine crawls the page, and sees rel=nofollow on a link, it will not follow that link. It just means that you can't use your member profile to boost your ranking in search engines.

2. HTML is now no longer allowed in many fields on your profile. This change probably will affect a few people. If you have links or images on your profile, they no longer work correctly. You must convert them to forum code (aka bbcode).

These changes were necessary because of a large amount of accounts being registered the last few weeks by SEO spammers. They were trying to use this site to boost their search engine rankings for the crappy wares they were peddling.

There may be more changes to come, depending on how crafty these lowlifes get.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: Member Profile Changes
Friday, September 11, 2009 2:17 PM
Keep up the good work Dave.

Friday, September 11, 2009 2:20 PM
FTW!!!

14.4 @ 101 Bradenton Motorsports Park 11/22/08
Friday, September 11, 2009 2:22 PM
Awesome, what about the stickers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, September 11, 2009 8:27 PM

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, September 11, 2009 6:15 PM
Friday, September 11, 2009 10:37 PM
x2 own those cyber douches.

Saturday, September 12, 2009 6:05 AM
Cool beans Dave!

And I want stickers too!

Saturday, September 12, 2009 11:06 AM

Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:24 PM
Hey Dave, did you change anything with the photo upload tool? I upload pictures to my profile using the photo upload tool and it says they have been successfully uploaded, but when I add them to my profile and then go look at my profile it's coming up as a red X. It has been like this for quite some time. I have made sure they are within the size guidelines and all. It happens with the personal picture and the car pictures. I don't get it .

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 12:02 PM
Nice..keep that trash out of here..!!

Thanks for providing us with such a great resource over the years..

Thursday, September 24, 2009 12:22 PM
ah dammit I used to actually get a decent return from that haha

Brian

Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:18 PM
Thanks Dave! Say, I've been trying forever to get ahold of you to become a Supporting Vendor here...any chance you can message me some details?

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Friday, September 25, 2009 5:52 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:Hey Dave, did you change anything with the photo upload tool? I upload pictures to my profile using the photo upload tool and it says they have been successfully uploaded, but when I add them to my profile and then go look at my profile it's coming up as a red X. It has been like this for quite some time. I have made sure they are within the size guidelines and all. It happens with the personal picture and the car pictures. I don't get it .

ive noticed this too...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search