Another "What would you pay" - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another "What would you pay"
Saturday, September 19, 2009 4:37 PM
I am looking for everyones input. I came across a 2004 Cav. for sale. I havent seen it in person, so cant really give much detail on exterior or interior shape but heres what i know: I'm pretty sure its an LS sport sedan, 28k miles (assuming orig) AT, sedan, AC, PL, PM, PW, alloy wheels of course, yadda yadda... again all i know at the moment is what the ad listed. I have contacted the stealership for more details/options. Now i know that they're already going to jack up the price through the roof, but what would you say would be a good, REASONABLE price to get such a car at?

I'll post more info if they give me further information.

THANKS in advance!

Re: Another "What would you pay"
Saturday, September 19, 2009 5:36 PM
Try KBB.

28K, thats really low for an 04. I typically dont buy cars several years old with low miles. It sits around a lot, and doesnt get driven, and seals tend to dry out and will leak sooner

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Sunday, September 20, 2009 5:24 AM
They are probably going to want 8,000 for it at least.. I cant say I'd pay over 5-6000 for it and that may even be pushing it. But if you get to it man and like it and really want it, its your choice too.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:22 AM
That's give or take 5k miles a year. Either it sat for an extended period of time or it was a city driver with a couple mile/day commute.

The hard math of 28k miles for six years comes out to ~13 miles per day, which is still reasonable (6.5 miles one way commute?). I'd grab it for $5000 or so.

Agreed to check KBB and make sure you're not getting totally ripped.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:26 AM
Just sold my '04 locally for $3900 but with a few more miles (~50k)

Brian

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search