mileage on fill up - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
mileage on fill up
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:58 PM
I have a 97 z24 (2.4 motor)automatic and i was wondering about how many miles i should get out of a full tank of gas B.T.W i have 180000 miles on it

Re: mileage on fill up
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:46 PM
Well, hmmm. The Specifications site I Googled said the fuel tank holds 15.2 gallons. If your car gets 28 mpg average (as mine roughly does), then you should be good for 425 miles on a tank. Of course that's not realistic as you're not going to run it completely dry each time you fill it. And, there are 2.6 bazillion variants that affect mileage. So, drive it, don't worry and be happy.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:21 PM
hear that i was wondering i feel like im goin though gas too fast but a 2.4 is a big 4 cylinder and that 10%ethanol @!#$ in the fuel decreases gas mileage.how do i know if the ''upstream'' oxygen sensor goes bad?
Thursday, October 01, 2009 3:20 AM
I got 28mpg on my last road trip and got I think 344 miles to a tank before I filled up.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 01, 2009 6:13 AM
I get around 28 mpg in my cav and right around 400 miles. I swapped to a different cluster (w/ a tach) so my gas gauge doesn't work. So I use the trip odometer to figure when to get gas. When I fill up after around 400 miles, I can put in around 14 gallons. I don't have a 2.4l though, I have a 2200 w/ 3 speed auto.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:53 PM
so far i have a half a tank and im @160.just switched to snythetic.that should get me a lil better gas mileage rite?
Friday, October 02, 2009 1:20 PM
I've got a '99 2.4 with 99,xxx miles & get about 20-22mpg. I actually log it in a book because I thought my mpg sucked, so I started keeping track to see if it was changing at all. When I put up a thread on how bad mine was, I was told it was normal. My Outback gets around 24, the Sunfire is garbage. So far as I know, synthetic won't change your gas mileage.

Friday, October 02, 2009 1:26 PM
I would kill for 20 mpg...

Friday, October 02, 2009 4:25 PM
I get about 23 city and 30 highway.
Friday, October 02, 2009 11:04 PM
most miles ive ever gotten from one tank was 446mi. on fill up the car took about 14 gallons. that was a full tank of doin an average 75mph from NYC to Boston and more than half way back. typically if im runnin back and forth to work, like ive been for the past couple months, i get around 225mi per tank and i run it down pretty low sometimes and always let it warm up for like 10 mins before leaving for work or when coming home, which sucks up a good amount of gas.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search