New Section Idea - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Section Idea
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:28 PM
[23:21] Jeff: all vendors need one big new product idea thread
[23:21] TTR: yes
[23:21] Jeff: for all of you to have a pooled think tank
[23:21] Jeff: everyones ideas and all that then you guys can all pick and choose what parts best suit your production skills
[23:22] TTR: yes that would be very nice
[23:22] Jeff: mention it to dave
[23:23] Jeff: something that will cross all subforums
[23:23] TTR: Be nice to have a "I want this made" section.
[23:24] Jeff: yes that would be good

So what do you guys think?

A place to pull our thoughts together and tell the vendors what we are interested in getting made.

More importantly Dave whats your opinion on this?

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Re: New Section Idea
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:29 PM
^^^^ is a great idea!!

and im not just saying that cause jeffie told me about this 15 minutes ago!! =)

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:34 PM
GME Chat User: Speedline02 wrote:^^^^ is a great idea!!

x2
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:47 PM
x3

that would be an awesome idea.. and we can pit them against each other for quality and price I kid I kid... but great idea.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:29 AM
Negative.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:48 AM
I'm on the fence....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:55 AM
I'm in.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:11 AM
i just dont see it as being worth it. not a ton of vendors, and not a ton of parts being made th warrant its onwn section imo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:58 AM
I dont see it hurting the forum once Dave gets a new server.

219whp - I <3 whine

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:32 AM
agree. i dont think its worth it either. the servers have enough load on them as is, and we use the performance forum or other forums for that now. plus i can see it turning into this is the problem i had with this part.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:46 AM
ive just never been a fan of having 50 diffrent sup sections you have to click on to look at a post.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:05 PM
Meh. Not worth it.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:07 PM
i am all for new stuff but...

sndsgood wrote:i just dont see it as being worth it. not a ton of vendors, and not a ton of parts being made the warrant its own section imo.

maybe back in say 2000 it would have been good, but not now.

Monday, February 01, 2010 6:08 AM
z yaaaa wrote:i am all for new stuff but...

sndsgood wrote:i just dont see it as being worth it. not a ton of vendors, and not a ton of parts being made the warrant its own section imo.

maybe back in say 2000 it would have been good, but not now.

exactly. what's left to be made for a dead platform that hasn't been made yet? besides, the forums we have now are for the discussion of parts, and they are already divided up for specific areas of the car anyway.

Friday, February 05, 2010 6:14 PM
imma chime in here and say i think this is a great idea... yes i know the platform is dead and the number of owners is dwindling but i think if product companies are willing to innovate and members are willing to help them innovate and purchase, we can prolong the inevitable, perhaps encourage new people to go retro and own a J, and this will help for production of parts for the cobalt, which will help in the creation and uprising of gmdelta.com. As we all know as the J's death gets older and older, GM Delta has all the potential to become the flagship of the GME, and having a system such as this in place, it will help secure gmdelta.com a position in the top of the delta body websites, such JBO is and has been for a very long time.

Saturday, February 06, 2010 6:13 AM
Do it on the delta site then, we dont want it. The process we have works fine.

FU Tuning

Saturday, February 06, 2010 8:13 AM
Too Whiney wrote:Do it on the delta site then, we dont want it. The process we have works fine.
The process of little to no aftermarket support???? are you serious? *facepalm*

the thought here is to increase aftermarket support, even if this particular idea won't work, any ideas that could increase aftermarket support is a good idea

Saturday, February 06, 2010 3:06 PM
GME Chat User: Speedline02 wrote:
Too Whiney wrote:Do it on the delta site then, we dont want it. The process we have works fine.
The process of little to no aftermarket support???? are you serious? *facepalm*

the thought here is to increase aftermarket support, even if this particular idea won't work, any ideas that could increase aftermarket support is a good idea

It is not like we have a huge list of aftermarket company's trying to make us parts. We have JBody company's, or ORG members making us parts, and it is a small group at that. BIG company's if they are going to make us something are going to do it there way, and likely not even come on this site.

Ways to get company's to want to make us stuff? Keep having cars like Fetter's and his Borthers Fire made and seen. Cars like Laverty's old car, Teske's car, etc... We need people to want to buy a J, and I do feel we have people who want to. We need current members showing the car scene what a J properly modded can do, be it track, show whatever.

FU Tuning

Saturday, February 06, 2010 3:17 PM
i hear ya... but i think the point jeffie was trying to make would be for all the current jbody vendors and not the big manufacturers . Such as if we give them suggestions on new innovations for our cars, they can come up with and produce new product. its saves them on R&D, as its basically free R&D and it gets us more products. its win win for everyone...

Sunday, February 07, 2010 4:12 AM
that's what the technical forums are for anyway, and it's already divided up into specific sections to cover what it needs to.

the performance forum isn't just for people asking which way to tighten the bolt on their new cat back exhaust or asking if a name brand intake will actually give 30 hp like their neighbor's cousin's co-worker's best friend claims it will, it's also an area for ideas to be thrown around and discussed specifically related to performance enhancing mods. same with the boost forum: discussion about forced induction mods. suspension and brake: how to make j's handle better... etc.

why have one more forum that has threads about every single area of the car all jumbled together causing perfectly good ideas to get lost? use the forums we have now. it's what they are there for.

Sunday, February 07, 2010 7:06 AM
cannon fodder wrote:that's what the technical forums are for anyway, and it's already divided up into specific sections to cover what it needs to.

the performance forum isn't just for people asking which way to tighten the bolt on their new cat back exhaust or asking if a name brand intake will actually give 30 hp like their neighbor's cousin's co-worker's best friend claims it will, it's also an area for ideas to be thrown around and discussed specifically related to performance enhancing mods. same with the boost forum: discussion about forced induction mods. suspension and brake: how to make j's handle better... etc.

why have one more forum that has threads about every single area of the car all jumbled together causing perfectly good ideas to get lost? use the forums we have now. it's what they are there for.

Agree.

Also since most topics have been covered soo many times already, we are seeing less post in the Performance, Boost, Tuning. Let these forums be used for new products so there is some things going on.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search