first impressions? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
first impressions?
Monday, February 15, 2010 5:15 PM
So the other day I was thinking about all the good and bad comments that i've gotten on my 2001 z24 since I owned it.... then I thought about the members at jbody and all the stuff they probably had to put up with.
What were the first impressions and comments that you got on your first jbody?
Here are some of the comments I have gotten so far:

Bad:
- "you bought a crapalier? my mom has one... we changed the alternator, and the brake lights stopped working.."
-"you bought a cavalier? damn"
- "...but that doesn't matter, this car is a beater."
- "you should get a body kit for that stupid car"
- "nah don't lower it, it's cavalier"
- "I feel like i'm sitting on the ground in this car"
- "why does the steering feel loose"
-"what do you watch on that screen? does it even work?" - i have an lcd screen where the original tape deck used to be.

Good:
- "that car is butter, you don't need to punch the gas like you did on your Golf" -previous owner
-"This car is way better than your Golf" -from many people
-"I can actually see my reflection in the paint"
-"This car is soo smooth"
-"Can you sell this car to me soon?"
-'my brother would buy this car from you, without thinking"
-"never knew your car could do that, huh?" -my brother; while aggressively test driving it
-"the engine is so quiet, I put the ignition on a second time because i thought it stalled" -my mom

and thats it for now..

Re: first impressions?
Monday, February 15, 2010 5:30 PM
don't let people get you down on your car. if you like it that's all that matter's.

but in the same respect remember that these are cheap econobox car's. run with it. when someone give's you @!#$ blow it off. like i said if you like it that's all that matters.

i get @!#$ all the time for my car, but it's also pretty much a base level lol.

Monday, February 15, 2010 5:50 PM
amen to that. especially when the people who talk smack about your car are making themselves look completely stupid when there car is completely a POS.
Monday, February 15, 2010 6:07 PM
Them: Why a Cavalier?
Me: Because i dont know any better.
Them: Atleast its clean.

219whp - I <3 whine

Monday, February 15, 2010 6:22 PM
Them: Your car is slow and its a girl car.
Me: I prefer feminine curves and yes it is slow. I could take it in a foot race.

Monday, February 15, 2010 6:25 PM
I get the girl car thing a lot. doesn't bother me though. if it attracts girls, that's what I want.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Monday, February 15, 2010 6:46 PM
blucavvy wrote:don't let people get you down on your car. if you like it that's all that matter's.

but in the same respect remember that these are cheap econobox car's. run with it. when someone give's you @!#$ blow it off. like i said if you like it that's all that matters.

i get @!#$ all the time for my car, but it's also pretty much a base level lol.

haha, i don't let that stuff get me down. I like my car
Monday, February 15, 2010 6:55 PM
i hated cavaliers when i lived back in connecticut. my buddy had one and i thought it was the cheapest piece of garbage i have ever riden in. prior to the cavi i owned a 1990 cadillac sedan deville and the na 1996 toyota camry le, both were nice cars with clean interiors that i loved to death.

then i moved to phoenix and needed a new car for a decent price. saw a lot that had a nissan240sx so my brother bought that and the guy said he would knock 500 off each car if i got mine here too. looked around and there wasnt anything really liked but by this point i was sick of searching

first impression: didnt really care for it that much but settled on the cavi because it was black, 5speed, had a sunroof and was the z24 so had decent power.

the bad:
ive heard everything from ricer, to girl car, to people just calling it a piece of @!#$.

the good:
once i dropped it/put the invader hood it looked much more aggressive and like a guy would actually be driving haha
im supercharged, so i rape daily and noone really expects it because i dont care for elaborite body kits/spoilers. mostly stock outside is fine for me.
i get approached all the time by people asking about my car(i like that, my girl doesnt), which is cool because its economy car with brackets for baby seats...
my brother goes to uti, his 240sx has been down for a while so i give him rides/let him take it now and then. the cavi gets lots of looks from "car guys" (<haha)because its smooth, clean, and well balanced

Eat my shift
Monday, February 15, 2010 10:19 PM
Them : wow thats a total chick car.
Me : (Insert blow off valve sound here)
Them : Holy @!#$, thats turbo?

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:25 AM
One time some old guy walked up to me and his exact words were " Wow, I've never seen a lamborghini in person before"
Must have been because of the paint, but I was like..."umm, you mean my sunfire?" haha
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:25 AM
them: j-bodies suck
me: ya, I agree

Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:50 PM
Not getting upset about the cracks seem to get some people upset.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search