Where To Get Valve Cover Powdercoated? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where To Get Valve Cover Powdercoated?
Sunday, March 14, 2010 9:03 PM
So I just bought a spare valve cover on ebay off a low mileage eco. My car is a DD so I can't have the car down. Any recommendations on where to send it to get powder coated? I haven't had anything custom painted so I'm kinda up a creek on that one.

Re: Where To Get Valve Cover Powdercoated?
Monday, March 15, 2010 7:31 AM
Just paint it yourself, it's pretty easy. Just sand it really well, use a high temp engine enamel, mine came out really well and it holding up great.

Monday, March 15, 2010 8:47 AM
I'm looking for it to body match with the metal flake.

Monday, March 15, 2010 8:54 AM
Monday, March 15, 2010 11:24 AM
That's awesome! How is that done? I asked because somepeople have people they take their parts to that are really good. I've never used anybody in my town and kinda leery too because it's not the best town for custom stuff.

Monday, March 15, 2010 1:59 PM
yeah most towns have a few companies that powdercoat. it isnt "custom" they do it for all sorts of things, just look them up in your local yellow pages and call or check the website, im sure they will have pictures or pieces you can look at to check out their work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, March 15, 2010 2:14 PM
What color you looking to do, i think i have a candy blue one layin around and a gloss black one.. btw i pc.
Monday, March 15, 2010 4:13 PM
I'm looking for arrival blue with the metal flakes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search