GME Radio: Official Idea Thread!!!!!! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GME Radio: Official Idea Thread!!!!!!
Sunday, March 28, 2010 4:16 PM
A couple of us have been throwing the idea of bringing back GME Radio... who would consider tuning in if it ever came back, and what would you all like to hear on it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 28, 2010 4:16 PM

Re: GME Radio: Official Idea Thread!!!!!!
Sunday, March 28, 2010 4:22 PM
i probly would

Sunday, March 28, 2010 4:32 PM
give now!!!

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Sunday, March 28, 2010 4:44 PM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:give now!!!
psst... you kan has be bringing ith with me =)

Sunday, March 28, 2010 4:48 PM
Hrmmm.....

Sunday, March 28, 2010 6:16 PM
I probably would.
Sunday, March 28, 2010 6:21 PM
i'd wanna be a dj, and play music all night long.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, March 28, 2010 6:26 PM
i use pandora too much to switch to one on here. plus i have different tastes than the rest of the site and what not. So it would be hard for me to stay tuned to it.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 6:35 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:i use pandora too much to switch to one on here. plus i have different tastes than the rest of the site and what not. So it would be hard for me to stay tuned to it.
so pitch some ideas that would keep you tuned in periodically

Sunday, March 28, 2010 8:02 PM
If it was brought back I would hope it is not for music, but for info. Talking about J's.

Still saying that I do not think we (as in JBody's) are big enough to have it. Unless it was once a month.

FU Tuning

Monday, March 29, 2010 2:39 AM
ive never heard any of the programs so i have no idea what this is even about.

info?

We all need somebody to believe in something...

Monday, March 29, 2010 3:35 AM
well it would cover the entire GM Enthusiast Network, not just Js.... i would assume until an archive is built up that there would be either dead air or music between broadcasts, and when the archive is built up, old broadcasts would replay between new ones

Monday, March 29, 2010 4:08 AM
im in .....sign me up

maybe have a call in session on saturdays where we talk about things going on JBO and GM delta and maybe talk about events coming up...... GME bday shout outs

ooo ooooo live coverage of the GM BASH

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, March 29, 2010 1:26 PM
I want an hour of nothing but screaming vulgarities.

Monday, March 29, 2010 8:41 PM
jeffie and i call the official GME broadcast from the bash...

Monday, March 29, 2010 9:39 PM
Speedline02 (GME Chat!!) wrote:jeffie and i call the official GME broadcast from the bash...

I call weatherman and/or coverage of the stripper pole

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:47 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:
Speedline02 (GME Chat!!) wrote:jeffie and i call the official GME broadcast from the bash...

I call weatherman and/or coverage of the stripper pole

whoa whoa whoa hold the phone....i get some credit here for the idea

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:29 AM
the Jew-(i heart mountain dew) wrote:whoa whoa whoa hold the phone....i get some credit here for the idea

No, the guys that actually did it at the 03 and 04 bashes (JimmyZ and Scrufdog) get the credit.

Speedline02 (GME Chat!!) wrote:GME Radio: Official Idea Thread!!!!!!

Uh, you started a thread, but there's no idea in it. You should really explain what GME Radio is, or what you would want it to be. Or let me... I think the general idea is the same as what we had originally planned in 03/04 and that sort of died along the way.

GME Radio is really just a streaming platform. It is something that *could* be available 24/7, but probably wouldn't be.

It is *not* a music station. In order to broadcast music we would have to deal with royalties, and that gets very expensive. In fact the only way it would be feasible for us to do it is to use a streaming service, which would cost us probably around $100 per month, if not more. Its just not going to happen.

It is a place that people who would like to host a show, and have the knowledge to, can do so. Hosting a show could be as simple as plugging in a microphone and talking about cars, or it could be something like multiple hosts, either in the same location or connected via skype, while taking questions from a chat room, or any number of things. All a host would really need is a PC, a microphone and enough bandwidth to reliably stream the audio to the server (most cable connections and all but the lowest DSL connections are plenty good enough).

On the web site end of it, we would have a scheduling page where hosts could pick dates and times and enter their show details, and anyone could browse and check out when they could tune in. We would want semi-regular sort of thing, so being a host would require some commitment. But what sort of commitment would be up to the hosts. They could have a monthly show, or a weekly show, or maybe even a daily show.

That's the short of it. Any questions, comments, suggestions?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:45 PM
the GME daily show sounds kinda of catchy and some how tie it in so ppl can chat in material with our chat program perhaps???

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:34 PM
we got the chat program ready for this...

under the current IRC protocal, a host can decide to either start their own channel, moderate it during the broadcast, and lock it up after its over. The only thing they'll need to do is direct their listeners to the channel. .... or they can elect to use #general ... i'll be dtirecting the Half-ops to help facilitate moderation in the channel throughout the broadcast. We ask that hosts do not schedule shows during High Volume Chat times if they plan to utilize #general and disrupt the normal flow of discussion.

JimmyZ and Scruf used to host JBO Live. This was the flagship show of the radio and stuck mostly to topics about J-Bodies and GM, as well as general automotive enthusiasm discussion. If Dave plans to relaunch this show, we'll need hosts (unless he decides to host it himself).

Jeffie and I have been throwing some ideas around about hosting our own show... We want to extend our show outside of the box a little... and do a little more than GM Enthusiam discussions which is why our show isn't a good candidate for GME Live.

I have a few more ideas i want to discuss with Dave with what we could do with this, so upon his approval, there will be more to come =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:41 PM

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:30 PM
I'm down completely.

I like some heavy ass metal like L.O.G., All shall perish, Ect.., All the way up to Bob Dylan, The Dead, Ect... All the way back around to SRV, John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Ect...

NO country and No B.S. from the radio. Stuff like Seether, FFDP, Shinedown, All that @!#$ sucks. But thats just my opinion

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:40 PM
Someone missed the other posts, so let me make this clear...

NO MUSIC

Sorry. It would be too expensive to legally broadcast music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:41 PM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:39 PM
I'd check it out in the beginning. I did back in the day as well, but it wasn't my thing really...can't say I remember much other than the live broadcast JZ did at the '04 bash. As long as the hosts kept it moving & interesting, I guess I'd tune it in if I'm around.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:12 PM
I like.

Thursday, April 01, 2010 3:18 AM
Oh yeah, I guess I did forget about that by the time I posted.

I just connected radio with music

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search