GOTS ME A BEATER - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GOTS ME A BEATER
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:18 PM
Well, since the trans on my g/f's Stratus decided to blow up this weekend, I took the oppertunity to purchase my sisters old Cavalier from her. It's a white 4 door with 167K on the clock, and has been very very very very very very very very well maintainted since she bought it in 04 with 33K on the clock. My dad and I have performed all the maintenance for her.

Within the past month, it has gotten 4 new tires, had an oil/tranny/everything else flush/change, has gotten new brakes on all 4 wheels, and has had the windshield replaced, and the fuel filter/pump changed. My sister spent about 600-700 on all of this. Knowing the recod of the car, and the history of it. I paid her 2000 out the door for it. The only thing wrong with it is a dent in the hood from when her fat ass roommate sat on it. It even had a 1200 watt stereo system in it.

This car will get her by until she can save a down payment on a newer car, then it becomes my beater/DD so I can build the fire's motor...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:51 PM

Re: GOTS ME A BEATER
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:24 PM
pics
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:50 PM
Sunfail (Troy) wrote:pics

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 3:09 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:
Sunfail (Troy) wrote:pics

w3rd.

i want a beater so god-damned bad.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:06 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

And Blucavvy be jealous of my dd beater.
My hachi roku wannabe for ya.

I have as much fun driving this as the Cavy and Porsche.

Enjoy the new beater man. Remember it's your bread winner so do take care of it and it'll be reliable as heck.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:23 PM
YUP YUP!! Ill get pics by the weekend guys. Gotta lot to handle right now pics are not a big concern. I get up for work at 10, and dont get home til around 830 or 9, and by then she is at work by 5, and not home til 2 or 3 am. So when we have time off together I'll take a few.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:46 PM
Misnblu wrote:Pics or it didn't happen.

Enjoy the new beater man. Remember it's your bread winner so do take care of it and it'll be reliable as heck.

Oh, I'm borrowing that now....

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:38 AM
Misnblu wrote:Pics or it didn't happen.

love the beater, i had a 93 tercel 2 door, pretty much same car... that 3e engine was slow, but it was fun because it was a power steering only car, clutch slipped so it felt like it would hit powerband like a dirtbike. paid 200 sold for 500

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search