Hey should I buy this? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hey should I buy this?
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:11 PM

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/2003738483.html
I have an 00 base model with 116000 miles n was thinkin about a trade. With the extra money Id get new bumpers and get them painted

Re: Hey should I buy this?
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:40 PM
Well, it looks good, but the issue is it has just been repainted due to the over spray on the tire, and idk but something about it just screams way to clean. But it is poosible. Just make sure and have a carfax done and make sure it isnt a totaled car. If it all checks out, and ur ok with the paint being just redone, go for it. But beware it may not last long as far as paint.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:52 PM
Yea yea i hear ya. I was a little shocked on how clean it was also and for that asking price it looked a little too good. If I decide to go threw with it i will make sure to get a car fax and just check it out, look around, test drive, ect. If all checks out i hope to get it. If not im sure they'll be others thanks for the input

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:30 PM
No problem. I mean, dont get me wrong, it looks nice. But who knows why it looks as nice as it does. We already know its been recently painted. So god knows how long that paint will look good. But for the price, the mileage is decent, and if it checks out, go for it. But also keep this in mind. Your going from a car thats only 10 years old, to a car thats 16 years old, so problems always arise with older cars. Either way good luck!!

Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:25 AM
Deff was just repainted. Also looks like they might have painted over rust on the driver side fender. A professional paintshop wouldnt have overspray or paint over rust... Probably had a quicky Maaco job to freshen it up to get it to sell.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:06 AM
y do you wanna go from a 2000 cav to a 94 cav
Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:13 AM
03cav83 wrote:y do you wanna go from a 2000 cav to a 94 cav

Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:29 AM
I just like the look of the older ones. I am happy with my base model but i think im ready to move on.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:25 PM
move on to another base cavalier that is even older and is gonna probley give you more problems??????? i dont get it
Saturday, October 30, 2010 10:14 PM
I'd try to talk them down to $700. It's not a bad car, but its not worth $1000. The paint is obviously new, but 2nd gens didn't have the best paint anyways. I also notice that they put the badges on the trunk on the wrong sides. I would shave them and the side mouldings if I bought it anyways. That, a Z24 body kit, and a set of nice wheels would make a nice looking car with easy maintenance (since all the engine/transmission parts are shared from 92-97, and I'm pretty sure the brakes are similar as well).

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, November 06, 2010 1:42 AM
nope do not buy it. just my opinion

Proud owner: 2002 Cavalier Sedan 2200SFI LN2 4-speed auto.Slowest compact car, only designed for school and groceries.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:09 PM
I love it! I almost got a 92 blue convertible...but the top was ripped so I didn't.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search