Decisions decisions! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Decisions decisions!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:45 PM
So ive come to a point with my car that its time to make a decision as to what to do with it. Im going to keep it indefinitely as i still thoroughly enjoy driving it. BUT I hate not being able to take it anywhere and when i do we have to take 2 seperate cars as the fiance and 2 daughters wont all fit with how i have the car set up. The car has had the BC2 kit for 4 years now and the paint has been done for 2, I've won my fair share of trophies with it. So much to the point that i didnt hardly show it at all this year.

So my thoughts are to take out the rear seat delete setup that i have and put a seat back in it, while having it recovered from the factory fabric to something that better matches the front seats. This will happen either way, my main decision is what to do with the outside of the car. With the kit thats on it now even with a back seat and the family with me. Im still limited to where i can take the car, although i LOVE the way it looks. So my thought is to strip the kit I have now and go to a WW lip kit with the stock bumpers. Car would definitely be more driveable, but then i go down the road of will the wheels fit the car still and so on.

So just looking for peoples input and thoughts. DECISIONS DECISIONS AAAAAAHHH LOL

Re: Decisions decisions!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:36 PM
If you ever decide to get rid of the BC2 kit...i'll be more than happy to take it off your hands for the right price.

But as for the front....I always did like the 2nd style 3rd gen. It's front= way cooler than the 03+...the 95-99 z24 front is pretty sexy too with a drop. I wouldn't really know. I don't like the WW lip...I always thought it looked like some robust chin strap. It's too similar to the stock lip, but too "bulky" looking for a lip. I like the RK Sport lip for the 00-02 cars, but it's kinda "Thin" looking from certain angles...but I love the holes in the lip.

As for your wheels....sell them...buy same wheels in smaller size? Then don't worry about clearance issues?
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:38 PM
I like the w-type lip kit could work very well on the car. Sounds like you already have your mind set.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:40 PM
Easy solutions put rear seat back in. Get air ride then you dont have to worry about changing it and you can go anywhere.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:03 AM
Cavie Freak aka E-Thug wrote:Easy solutions put rear seat back in. Get air ride then you dont have to worry about changing it and you can go anywhere.

Except down the street...

Dont get airride, it will destroy your love for driving the car.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:05 AM
Tinkles wrote:
Cavie Freak aka E-Thug wrote:Easy solutions put rear seat back in. Get air ride then you dont have to worry about changing it and you can go anywhere.

Except down the street...

Dont get airride, it will destroy your love for driving the car.

Lol, thats the honest truth right there...

Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:40 AM
Is it really that bad?

Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:44 AM
Well..

When it works good, its awesome... But it can be very unreliable... Also, the car is not going to handle the way you would probably want it to.. floating around corners etc.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:47 AM
Yes. My Tein are better in every way.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:50 PM
I won't sell my Sunfire, either--I just keep it as a fun weekend-type car. I've seen more and more people start doing this lately...removing gorgeous kits and putting the car back to almost stock. I don't think you'll enjoy her as much if you yank the kit. I'd definitely add the rear seat, and maybe raise the whole car a little so it's more driveable. My car is effin' low--but I can drive it anywhere I want. I just can't park it anywhere I want

Friday, October 22, 2010 6:56 AM
Yea kind of sucks for me. I want my car to be about one more inch lower and I'd be very happy. I'd be able to drive around like that as far as bumpers and skirts go but my problem is I already scrape going up my driveway and again going into my garage. So I can't go any lower or I'd have to put wood down just to park the damn thing and I'm not going to do that. Therefore my only options are stay where I'm at or go bags.

Sucks.

Friday, October 22, 2010 2:36 PM
part it out matt.

the hood is MINE!

Underdog Racing
Saturday, October 23, 2010 7:46 PM
Still wish I could try airride lol. Well for now we're gonna swapping in some rear seats and see how things go. Dropping insurance on monday so the interior will be getting pulled soon. Been thinking about it alot(had the car outside today to) and i have to agree with Agent that i probably wont like the car as much without the kit.

HAHAHAHAHA brad! I told you where to get a hood lol

Monday, October 25, 2010 11:35 AM
You already put time and money into it, and it looks as if it is alot of both. I would keep it if it is bought and paid for. You will take a hell of a beating($$$) if you let it go, even part by part.im sure you can add seats in the rear and still carry your tanks. Try 2 bucket style seats instead on one solid rear , you may be able to use the middle area for the tanks and what not. You know what you got, add a little more to it. Good luck.

Fireboy153
Brady Fire Co. - Station 150
Long Live The Sunflower! (yea its not so "cool")
Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:00 AM
If you want air ride, get a vert and start from there. Even with the extra structural bracing, i'd never put a vert on the track, and you seem to be into the show scene. I'm sure you could find a vert for a good price that wouldn't break you...then you'd have two J's and I'm sure the lady would love a drop top ^.^
...If I had a Vert I'd go all show no go...but that's just me.
Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:25 AM
Decisions have been made . Photo forum posts to come

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search