Worst Case Scenario - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Worst Case Scenario
Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:19 PM
So I've been thinking today about worst case scenarios with engines and I think I may have come up one involving say...a turbo car.

So imagine driving along, punching it, revving the car up, listening to the nice induction noise and the hiss as the turbo spools. You're at about 6.5K rpms and pow! You break a valve spring, the valve opens, contacts the piston, which shatters the valve, sending a small piece through the exhaust and into the turbine...which disintegrates. The sudden contact of the piston to the valve shatters the piston which sends the connecting rod through the side of the block. The engine siezes and the clutch is engaged, so the transmission strips the spider gears and explodes....

...worst case scenario

Re: Worst Case Scenario
Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:42 PM
Wouldnt happen. Ive never seen a valve break a piston. Also I dont think youd have pieces of metal big enough coming out of the exhaust to destroy a turbo. Ive seen entire pistons disintegrate inside the engine with no ill effects to the exhaust. Just a puff of smoke. I also have a feeling that your clutch would be strong enough to hold the force of a car going 65 mph. It would probably grenade the clutch before the tranny got hurt to bad.

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 5:18 PM
meh... ive had a valve lock go bad and the valve dropped down in to the chamber and put a hole in the piston...

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 5:36 AM
I've seen the aftermath of a valve dropping into a cylinder, the piston doesn't shatter.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 1:57 PM
Worst case scenario,

Your driving along with your turbo car, you punch it....just as you do your gf pocket dials your phone as she is blowing some other dude. Your pissed, you punch it through the next gear...your just about to shift and BAM!!!! F*cking Meteorite comes out of f*cking nowhere and lands on your car......your car is totalled!

You get out of the car......your even more pissed now....what are the odds right?

You look up in the sky, an even bigger meteroite.......WHAT THE F*CK!!!!

You start to run away...its pointless this thing is f*cking massive........meteorite hits earth and kills every living thing in existance.

Including your stupid cheating wh*re of a GF.....so its kinda a catch 22.

Now if you heard both of those stories.....who would you feel worse for?? Well I guess in my scenerio, you wouldn't hear that story....cause your dead too.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 2:08 PM
newt wrote:Worst case scenario,

Your driving along with your turbo car, you punch it....just as you do your gf pocket dials your phone as she is blowing some other dude. Your pissed, you punch it through the next gear...your just about to shift and BAM!!!! F*cking Meteorite comes out of f*cking nowhere and lands on your car......your car is totalled!

You get out of the car......your even more pissed now....what are the odds right?

You look up in the sky, an even bigger meteroite.......WHAT THE F*CK!!!!

You start to run away...its pointless this thing is f*cking massive........meteorite hits earth and kills every living thing in existance.

Including your stupid cheating wh*re of a GF.....so its kinda a catch 22.

Now if you heard both of those stories.....who would you feel worse for?? Well I guess in my scenerio, you wouldn't hear that story....cause your dead too.

Worst case scenario,

^^Fixed.
The hilarity of the first three sentences makes the following unneeded.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search