Caution when buying from this guy. - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Caution when buying from this guy.
Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:56 PM
I bought from mike asher rod bearings for 80.00 never got them and did little to communicate about what was going on with never getting them. This was back in July. I have chucked it to a loss. Also because I paid as a gift to cut the cost to him i can not do anything about the loss of funds through paypal. I will not pay for anything anymore as a gift. so I have learned two lessons:

Don't buy from him
never use gift to pay with paypal.

Re: Caution when buying from this guy.
Sunday, September 12, 2010 8:18 PM
did you try getting a hold of him on the DesetTuners.com forum? he's on there almost everyday but i dont know how often he frequents the org.

Eat my shift
Monday, September 13, 2010 4:23 AM
I did. I am not saying that he is a bad guy I don't know him but I am out 80 bucks and no parts. He responded to me once or twice since July so he is aware that I don't have the parts.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:02 PM
I heard from mike today and it is possible this will be resolved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:07 PM

Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:24 PM
I'm having the same issue with him. Sent him $30 for a polished timing cover back the 1st week of August and haven't heard anything since August 9th.
Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:51 PM
Ok I have spoken with Stephen and pmed every other person who has purchased anything from me....Stephen never received the bearings I sold him due to a lost package...I have never heard anything back from anyone else so I assumed the parts had been received....if anyone needs to speak to me please pm me and I will get to the office I sent them from and find out what's going on....

I have been without transportation since june and I am still car-less due to first a blown motor and then a bad clutch....so I apologize for any inconvience it has caused....

Stephen I will be refunding ur amount when I get back home tomorrow....rotten I will look into what happened with the cover as well...

I just want it as public knowledge that I am not out to screw anyone out of anything....believe me I have been screwed out of thousands before so I will do wats needed to make it right...

Again I'm sorry to anyone who is waiting for anything or watever the case is

2003 LS SPORT: suspension and brake upgrades for now...motor and boost coming son

2008 Cobalt SS/TC: the fast car
Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:29 PM
Mike Asher wrote:Ok I have spoken with Stephen and pmed every other person who has purchased anything from me....Stephen never received the bearings I sold him due to a lost package...I have never heard anything back from anyone else so I assumed the parts had been received....if anyone needs to speak to me please pm me and I will get to the office I sent them from and find out what's going on....

I have been without transportation since june and I am still car-less due to first a blown motor and then a bad clutch....so I apologize for any inconvience it has caused....

Stephen I will be refunding ur amount when I get back home tomorrow....rotten I will look into what happened with the cover as well...

I just want it as public knowledge that I am not out to screw anyone out of anything....believe me I have been screwed out of thousands before so I will do wats needed to make it right...

Again I'm sorry to anyone who is waiting for anything or watever the case is

I know I have nothing to do with this, but props to Mike for taking responsibility and trying to set things right. Now if only everyone did that...

Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:04 PM
Any update on this did he come through finally?

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Monday, September 20, 2010 8:06 AM
I haven't heard anything as of yet!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:00 PM
I have bought stuff from him as well. Said package was shipped out but haven't gotten a tracking number. Been 3 days now.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:10 PM
A whole three days?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:01 PM
Corey Piper wrote:A whole three days?

Monday, September 27, 2010 4:58 PM
Anybody heard anything from him?
Monday, September 27, 2010 5:01 PM
Not yet. Rotten, PM me...

Monday, September 27, 2010 7:43 PM
I have forwarded him your information Spalattero, and posted on my site for him to contact you.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 1:58 PM
Hmmm, someone without a car and no transportation says everyones stuff shipped, but no one has received anything, sounds shady.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:31 AM
Issue never resolved.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:18 AM
I never heard anything from him other than the very moving apology he posted here. Good thing he only took me for $30
Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:47 AM
Really strange the package was "lost". I have never had anything more than late when it comes to deliveries. Talk is cheap, alot less than making things right. One more for the list of "do not buy from this guy..." Thanks for the heads up.

Labrat
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:51 AM
Try spending $450 and never hearing back..
I work hard for my money and I have my ways of doing things. Better believe I won't let anybody screw me.
Worse comes to worse, an airplane ticket out there is $300 or less. Trip will be worth it since I have family there.

Those of you who bought/got screwed, you have PMs.

Let's Mike Asher.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:08 AM
Bringing this back. Those of you who bought from this lame idiot you have a pm.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search