Decent 2nd gen Z Vert for price... Maybe??? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Decent 2nd gen Z Vert for price... Maybe???
Friday, December 03, 2010 6:26 PM
Clicky

I was just bsing around, because im about to list my girls 97 up on craigslist, and came across this trying to find the normal going price for her car. Its a 1988 Z24 with about 77,000 miles. Top is torn up, and the heater dont work. But still looks to be in decent shape, and for 600 its not a bad deal. Just wondering if anyone else things its a decent winter beater. Bc if I can sell my girls car, I MAY go and check this out. The heater can be a simple or hard fix, so its a 50/50 chance with that, but nothing that will cost major bucks. The top, I can tape and rig that together to hold, just gotta throw a new piece of clear plastic in the back window to fix the huge ass hole back there. Other then that not a bad looking car. Hmm. Interesting. What you guys think???

Re: Decent 2nd gen Z Vert for price... Maybe???
Friday, December 03, 2010 8:30 PM
That rear window is toast! Low miles is good,price not really out of line plus the other items done.The heater core depends doubt it will be more than 75.00 guessing.Idk if you want to invest in it,the low cost and mild fixes I would say maybe.I would look it over with a fine tooth comb.Push down on the corners check those struts and or shocks rear(assume rear is shocks).Look at the brake fluid color,oil,stuff like that.If most seems ok go for it.Unless u find issues that require lots of cash to make suitable.

Friday, December 03, 2010 8:43 PM
Well, the heater core and parts arent really a issue since i work for Napa, gotta love employee prices (bought a remachined crank for my girls LD9 with new bearings, whole kit cost me 150 bucks! hahaha) so the core will at most cost me 15 bucks. plus coolant which is like another 14 bucks. I was just asking, bc I really dont know squat about 2nd gens but for 600 bucks, which im sure they would take less, didnt seem like a bad price. Only issue is how bad is that interior with that window that way. If its all screwed up, game over. I may take a look at this over the weekend and see whats up.

Saturday, December 04, 2010 8:25 AM
How do you know the heater core is bad? It might just be the blower motor. A brand new top will run around $200. i would worry more about body rot than anything else on that car. Check the rear quarters and doors. Also check the firewall for rot. $600 isn't a bad deal though, especially if the digi dash actually works.

Saturday, December 04, 2010 10:59 AM
did you just say vert and winter beater in the same paragraph?

personally, i'd look for something with an actual roof for winter driving. unless winter doesn't equate to cold and snow for you.

Sunday, December 05, 2010 8:40 PM
James Cahill wrote:How do you know the heater core is bad? It might just be the blower motor. A brand new top will run around $200. i would worry more about body rot than anything else on that car. Check the rear quarters and doors. Also check the firewall for rot. $600 isn't a bad deal though, especially if the digi dash actually works.

Oh I didnt, i was just using that as a example.

I went to look at the car today, it ended up being alot closer then I had thought. Pulled up on it, and it did look promising. Body looked to be in decent shape. The top was utter garbage. Tires looked to be okay. So I started figuring why not. Until I looked inside. The rear window was gone, so the rear interior was covered in snow, there was about a .5 inch of water or frozen water in the rear and front floor board. Car ran and the digital dash worked somewhat. The fuel tank said it was empty, the ODO didnt work, the rpm guage didnt work. offered him 100 but he said no, so I moved on.

Monday, December 06, 2010 7:01 PM
damn id hit it.

Monday, December 06, 2010 9:02 PM
yeah the pics make it look good, and If the rear window was at least taped up I would have been all over it, but it just just trashed inside. I didnt feel like two projects at once, or should I say 3 bc my girls car is going to be another project. Ahh well. No biggie either way. My can can make it through the winter, she wont like it, but she will do it lol

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 1:01 PM
Yeah, with that kind of mess, you'd be lucky if the floor wasn't rotted through. 2nd gens have a tendency to do that with any little amount of moisture.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search